ADVERTISEMENT

Thank you, Will!

Oregon_Panther

Redshirt
Oct 7, 2001
Impressive comeback Win and though there were many players worthy of game balls, I thought Will was a key difference!

Not a big stat night for Will…his fake handoff and dunk was an exquisite play…

And more importantly he played physical D on Reid…frustrating Reid and keeping him away from being down low.

If you look at the box score, it won’t reflect his hustle, his passion, or his presence….tonight for the 12 minutes he gave us, he was a presence!

Hail to PITT!
-Al-

Might’ve changed the outcome of the game himself.

Good for Will.

Excited for another offseason to get stronger and develop a perimeter game

He was tough as nails out there tonight. I'm really happy for that kid and he might just be able to carve out a niche with what he did tonight.

Not according to Reid:

Efton Reid on #Pitt's Will Jeffress: “I mean they probably just threw him in there to see what I would do and I handled it accordingly. He’s pretty strong. I mean, it really didn’t affect me, to be honest. Probably got one steal over the back, but they were doubling anyway so.”

Reid grabbed Will's neck just about every time they went to the floor. Not the cleanest of play, but good on Will for keeping his cool.

I, like everyone, am disappointed that he hasn’t become the level of player that we all thought he would be, but you can see that he is a leader, a good kid and probably has the brightest future of any Panther in the game of life.

I figured out who Will reminds me of. Leaky Black. No offense but can play defense and make hustle plays. The problem is Pitt doesn't have enough scoring to play him in large doses. UNC had Bacot, Love, Davis, etc. But if Fede and GDG arent going to rebound or defend, you might as well play Will at the 5.

I figured out who Will reminds me of. Leaky Black. No offense but can play defense and make hustle plays. The problem is Pitt doesn't have enough scoring to play him in large doses. UNC had Bacot, Love, Davis, etc. But if Fede and GDG arent going to rebound or defend, you might as well play Will at the 5.
I mean other than Leaky Black being a versatile defender at the 1/2/3 being a trained a PG, being able to adequately play PG and playing 6 mins a game this year in the NBA they’re identical!

I mean other than Leaky Black being a versatile defender at the 1/2/3 being a trained a PG, being able to adequately play PG and playing 6 mins a game this year in the NBA they’re identical!

I didn't say he was as good as Leaky Black? And Leaky Black at PG? What are you smoking?

Maybe the guy a lot of you wanted to run off saves the season !

Fede wasn’t providing anything on offense anyway and was being abused by Reid plus Wil can catch the ball better . It’s worth a try .

Who could’ve imagined Fede’s regression , just think if he improved as much as he regressed how much better the Panthers would be . It just goes to show you not everybody improves and I know a lot of you want to put that on coaching , but I’m not one of them .

Fede wasn’t providing anything on offense anyway and was being abused by Reid plus Wil can catch the ball better . It’s worth a try .

Who could’ve imagined Fede’s regression , just think if he improved as much as he regressed how much better the Panthers would be . It just goes to show you not everybody improves and I know a lot of you want to put that on coaching , but I’m not one of them .
It was one good game in 4 years of being here.

It was a great game, no doubt. But need to see that same energy replicated multiple times.

I want to run out any player who doesn’t help Pitt get to the NCAAT. As should anyone who is an actual fan of the team.

It was one good game in 4 years of being here.

It was a great game, no doubt. But need to see that same energy replicated multiple times.

I want to run out any player who doesn’t help Pitt get to the NCAAT. As should anyone who is an actual fan of the team.
One good game may lead to two good games or not , but this team with Fede playing the way he is , is going nowhere .

If a kids doing everything asked of him and wants to stay I’m not running him off , that’s why you have 13 ships not 6or7 .

Reactions: Nfred38
I, like everyone, am disappointed that he hasn’t become the level of player that we all thought he would be, but you can see that he is a leader, a good kid and probably has the brightest future of any Panther in the game of life.

And that's what's really important. He's a smart kid, tough, and will use that to make a good living for himself. He was the MVP of that game last night for Pitt.

One good game may lead to two good games or not , but this team with Fede playing the way he is , is going nowhere .

If a kids doing everything asked of him and wants to stay I’m not running him off , that’s why you have 13 ships not 6or7 .

You cant have Jeffress, Jorge, Barnes, and Ndiaye taking up 4 scholarships next year. At least one and maybe 2 need to go.

You cant have Jeffress, Jorge, Barnes, and Ndiaye taking up 4 scholarships next year. At least one and maybe 2 need to go.
13-4=9

The twins aren’t going to split up so they’re going nowhere and the same with Wil and the incoming freshman . Barnes I have no clue to how he’s developing. I’m sure if he realizes there’s nowhere for him to see any PT he’ll do what’s best for him .

There’s also the NIL money it will take to keep everyone happy . Expecting some stud to be added to the roster would be great but do they have the cash ?

They really need 2 portal guys a bull and a shooter . Wouldn’t be totally surprised if either Fede or Austin look for better places for their talents where they could thrive . ( it’s a shame Austin can’t find his shot )

Fede just doesn’t have that killer instinct. Typical euro.

Reactions: FireballZ
13-4=9

The twins aren’t going to split up so they’re going nowhere and the same with Wil and the incoming freshman . Barnes I have no clue to how he’s developing. I’m sure if he realizes there’s nowhere for him to see any PT he’ll do what’s best for him .

There’s also the NIL money it will take to keep everyone happy . Expecting some stud to be added to the roster would be great but do they have the cash ?

They really need 2 portal guys a bull and a shooter . Wouldn’t be totally surprised if either Fede or Austin look for better places for their talents where they could thrive . ( it’s a shame Austin can’t find his shot )

Right. 9 is not enough. Jorge, Jeffress, Barnes, and Ndiaye wont be able to contribute anything offensively so you cant go into a season with JUST 9 guys who can score. And that counts a true freshman in Cummings, Austin, who dissappears often, and unnmamed transfers who we dont know who they are yet. I'd redshirt Jorge, keep Jeffress and tell Barnes and Ndiaye to head to Robert Morris and if they produce, they can come to Pitt in a few years.

Reid grabbed Will's neck just about every time they went to the floor. Not the cleanest of play, but good on Will for keeping his cool.

He slapped/punched/whacked him in the back after the one play where they ended up on the floor, to the point that two of the refs went running in to make sure that nothing jumped off from there, but somehow neither of them even blew the whistle to call a foul or heck, even just stop the game.

Right. 9 is not enough. Jorge, Jeffress, Barnes, and Ndiaye wont be able to contribute anything offensively so you cant go into a season with JUST 9 guys who can score. And that counts a true freshman in Cummings, Austin, who dissappears often, and unnmamed transfers who we dont know who they are yet. I'd redshirt Jorge, keep Jeffress and tell Barnes and Ndiaye to head to Robert Morris and if they produce, they can come to Pitt in a few years.
How many teams go more than 9 deep …..not many if any .

If you had a team with more than 9 guys getting PT you’d have half your team entering the portal every yr .

How many teams go more than 9 deep …..not many if any .

If you had a team with more than 9 guys getting PT you’d have half your team entering the portal every yr .
Yes, it is rare to get more than 8-9 solid players. With that said, I’d sign up for:

Bub
Lowe
Cummings
Ish
Will for D
Kante

Then you have the next 4 ships. Players we sort of like game to game (Twins, Fede, Austin), but can Pitt do better in portal? Fede has been way too inconsistent, JDG hasn’t done anything really. I’m more open to Austin returning as he would be valuable if 3 pt shot returned. So I’ll add Austin back in. Also have Ndiaye coming in so that gets Pitt to 8. Barnes may be 9. That would leave 4 ships. Given Capels portal record, I’m willing to give him 4 portal players for twins and Fede, however, I think Fede gets shown the door and hope twins progress from twigs>>sticks>>limbs next year.

If Will is gonna play, that has to be where. You can’t have him/Fede/GDG any combination of those 2 in at same time. So maybe you play 5 out and go with WJ at the 5? 4-6 at this point, what do you have to lose?
Is Austin athletic enough to also rotate at the 5? The 3 guard combo has been strong. But with GdG and Fede not always most consistent. The issue is lack of depth though. Fede and GdG have to play or the guards and Hinson will get worn down in a few weeks…

Is Austin athletic enough to also rotate at the 5? The 3 guard combo has been strong. But with GdG and Fede not always most consistent. The issue is lack of depth though. Fede and GdG have to play or the guards and Hinson will get worn down in a few weeks…
Yes, Austin is the one I want to see at the 5. It might take him away from the 3 point line, and make him rebound more. Then Fede comes off the bench against the opposig teams backup, and it my help his confidence. I think Austin is strong enough to battle.

He slapped/punched/whacked him in the back after the one play where they ended up on the floor, to the point that two of the refs went running in to make sure that nothing jumped off from there, but somehow neither of them even blew the whistle to call a foul or heck, even just stop the game.
I thought Reid had fouled out for sure. I was looking at the Zoo for the left/right chant to start before I realized no foul had been called.

Reactions: TreesHero
I thought Reid had fouled out for sure. I was looking at the Zoo for the left/right chant to start before I realized no foul had been called.

It was obvious that two of the refs saw it, and I don't understand how you can see that and not call something.

I mean we aren't talking about something as bad as what the New Mexico State player did last night, but what Reid did can certainly lead to something like that happening. Typically the refs want to nip that stuff in the bud.

It was obvious that two of the refs saw it, and I don't understand how you can see that and not call something.

I mean we aren't talking about something as bad as what the New Mexico State player did last night, but what Reid did can certainly lead to something like that happening. Typically the refs want to nip that stuff in the bud.

I saw that clip and was wondering if that was a key Pitt player, what his suspension would be. I'm sure Joan would have kicked him out of school. You know my suspension? 3 games for "violation of team conduct" regarding sportsmanship.

Congratulations, Will. You're 20 years old and have already graduated with a double major. Thanks for being a part of Pitt BB.

Will was great in the WF game and was the MVP of that game. But if I were Will, I'd get on with my life's work. It's much more important than being a role player on a basketball team. He's too smart to just delay that any further.

I think I can speak for the board when I say that we all agree that you should be suspended from posting for three games for "violation of team conduct"!

;)
Well, you know this smf guy has a little problem. He just can't stand it when a woman has any authority, when a woman has any skills, when a woman can do all the things he will never be able to do. And he apparently like to call any person stupid at any time because he just cannot fathom anyone disagreeing with any of his myriad hapless thoughts. so is 3 enough? Hardly.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT