ADVERTISEMENT

That last Stillers offensive possession….

Same. Rudolph is a statue that will get crushed by this Ol and Mitch will be serving up pick sixes

BR got a bad rap in his last year under this bozo fans said his arm was shot because of the dink and dunk offense. But somehow in the fourth quarter when they scrapped Canada drys play calling he was throwing downfield and moved the offense with that same shot arm

You consider it validation that Ben with a dead arm, Mitch Trubisky, and Mason Rudolph also sucked in this offense? I sure don't. Those are three bad quarterbacks.

Maybe he could be in the 10-20 range in passing in Shanahan's system. Could Daniel Jones be? Could Zach Wilson be? Could Will Levis be? Could Derek Carr be? Could Mac Jones be? Could Kyle Boller have been?

My point was since we have no way to ever know, perhaps it's more reliable to go on what the league thought of all these guys when there was no situation to factor into the equation. Many said Pickett would have been something closer to a 3rd round pick in a "normal" QB draft year. Many had issues with his abilities. Has he done anything to dispel these notions, or is it an actual possibility that the drafts experts, the Falcons, the Panthers, the Saints, the Seahawks, the Titans, etc. were actually not all incorrect?

The Pickett defense on this board reminds me of my friend who still insists that Tom Brady wasn't that good. I would think the MVPs and Super Bowl trophies would serve as a pretty solid indication that he was, in fact, very good. Nope. He insists he was the beneficiary of playing in great systems and having great defenses. Since it's all subjective on some level, I'll never convince him otherwise. Just like Pickett always be a great QB who was a victim of circumstance in the eyes of like 4,500 Pitt fans.
Who said picket is a great qb? And you do realize that those same geniuses didn’t have Brady rated highly in the draft

But you’re Shilling for Malik based on rave off-season reviews. Lol

Who said picket is a great qb? And you do realize that those same geniuses didn’t have Brady rated highly in the draft

But you’re Shilling for Malik based on rave off-season reviews. Lol

As I've stated, I didn't want the Steelers to draft Willis. I provided him as an example of what a project QB truly looks like.

You consider it validation that Ben with a dead arm, Mitch Trubisky, and Mason Rudolph also sucked in this offense? I sure don't. Those are three bad quarterbacks.
Funny how Ben’s dead arm came alive in the fourth quarter in hurry up when they scrapped the morons play calling

As I've stated, I didn't want the Steelers to draft Willis. I provided him as an example of what a project QB truly looks like.
Mush wouldn’t call it a project but a wast d draft pick

And I noticed you ignored the fact that no one is saying picket is a great qb. Most are saying it’s impossible to evaluate him based on the system he’s playing in and the talent around him. Most think he could be a winning qb but no one thinks he can carry a team by himself

And I'm totally serious in that I hope they bench Kenny and play Mitch and Mason. Nothing good can come in this offense.

They didn't even care to block Myles Garrett on the first play from scrimmage on offense. First play from scrimmage, scripted, practiced all week. This staff is a joke.
Hey, I’m hoping they do as well to prove you right. Otherwise, as is right now there really is zero to prove you right. Like I said, KP has had by far the longest and most opportunities in this offense and keeps failing more and more as each game goes by. The other 2 haven’t had near as much opportunity to know one way or the other.

Do I want to see a QB change. No not really. I’m just pushing back against the many saying KP is matter of fact the best option when there has been nothing on the field to demonstrate that. The ‘tape’ is bad for all of them but KP has by far the largest volume of bad tape.

No they don't. They don't say his arm suddenly came alive. Do you remember being down 27-10 going into the 4th against the Chargers? What about being down 29-7 against the Vikings? We scored 48 points in the 4th quarter of those two games alone, which is a huge reason the stats read as they do. Ben sucked, and the fact that he tacked on garbage points when teams' defenses softened up doesn't take away from that.

It's almost as if what our eyes are telling us what's happening is exactly what's happening, no matter how much we try to spin the truth to protect the legacy of Kenny Pickett.

I am in favor of benching KP, but I don't think any qb will put up good numbers in this offense. I am not an expert but I have yet to see anyone QB put up consistent good numbers.

The Steeler offense is consistently misfires. In almost every series, you have plays that have no chance to succeed culminating with players put into positions that ignore their capabilities. Take the 1st play of the game where we have a pass play from the 9 yard line and we ask Moore to block Garrett with no help. Of course, Moore has to block Garrett without help for a large portion of the game but in that situation is that a wise call? Or how about asking Washington to do a reach block on a quicker DL? Washington is still a raw TE whose run blocking is more predicated on him using his size and strength rather than technique. Both of those plays resulted in loss of yards.

We could move to the passing game where it get's worse. Take the following play 2 &11 in the 1st quarter where the Steelers have the ball at their 35. The initial formation is the Steelers have KP in the shotgun with Pickens and Warren split to the right (Warren is in the slot) and three receivers split to the left all spread out. Cleveland looks to be blitzing with 6 defenders crowding the LOS and what appears to be a man to man coverage. Prior to the snap Warren goes into motion running behind Pickett towards the left side. At the snap , Pickens runs a hitch, which is open, Warren runs to the left flat, and the receivers at the top run routes down field. Pickett throws the ball immediately to Warren who then is faced with three Cleveland DBs who easily tackle him for a loss. Is Pickett at fault for not realizing the hot route is Pickens to the right? Or is this just an insane play design?

I am in favor of benching KP, but I don't think any qb will put up good numbers in this offense. I am not an expert but I have yet to see anyone QB put up consistent good numbers.

The Steeler offense is consistently misfires. In almost every series, you have plays that have no chance to succeed culminating with players put into positions that ignore their capabilities. Take the 1st play of the game where we have a pass play from the 9 yard line and we ask Moore to block Garrett with no help. Of course, Moore has to block Garrett without help for a large portion of the game but in that situation is that a wise call? Or how about asking Washington to do a reach block on a quicker DL? Washington is still a raw TE whose run blocking is more predicated on him using his size and strength rather than technique. Both of those plays resulted in loss of yards.

We could move to the passing game where it get's worse. Take the following play 2 &11 in the 1st quarter where the Steelers have the ball at their 35. The initial formation is the Steelers have KP in the shotgun with Pickens and Warren split to the right (Warren is in the slot) and three receivers split to the left all spread out. Cleveland looks to be blitzing with 6 defenders crowding the LOS and what appears to be a man to man coverage. Prior to the snap Warren goes into motion running behind Pickett towards the left side. At the snap , Pickens runs a hitch, which is open, Warren runs to the left flat, and the receivers at the top run routes down field. Pickett throws the ball immediately to Warren who then is faced with three Cleveland DBs who easily tackle him for a loss. Is Pickett at fault for not realizing the hot route is Pickens to the right? Or is this just an insane play design?

No QB on the roster will put up good numbers in this offense, because no QB on the roster is very good.

Do I think a good NFL QB would perform much better in this offense? I do. Doesn't mean I'm defending Canada; I'm just saying that I'm sure he's doing a lot of MFing Pickett behind closed doors as well. The players seem to be getting a little less shy about bashing him, as we saw with Diontae calling out a fan on social media who claimed he ran the wrong route yesterday.

No QB on the roster will put up good numbers in this offense, because no QB on the roster is very good.

Do I think a good NFL QB would perform much better in this offense? I do. Doesn't mean I'm defending Canada; I'm just saying that I'm sure he's doing a lot of MFing Pickett behind closed doors as well. The players seem to be getting a little less shy about bashing him, as we saw with Diontae calling out a fan on social media who claimed he ran the wrong route yesterday.

I apologize for not being clear. No qb will put up good numbers in this offense because the offense has a poor design. I think the offense would perform better under a different qb but I doubt even a prime Tom Brady, a historical Steve Young, or a current Patrick Mahomes could make this offense consistently good.

As evidence of this bold assertion I offer the following:

1) Two qbs, Trubisky and Roethlisberger both performed below their historical norms under this offense. Age could be have been the reason for Big Ben but Mitch? And Mitch had the misfortune of playing under Nagy..

2) The vast number of plays just baffling play designs. I described the beauty which Dan Orlovsky highlighted yesterday (). Or in the Ram's game ( a game that Picket had decent numbers), the only hot route in the face of two blizters coming from outside the left tackle was Pickens running a crossing route going right to left when was split wide to the right? The Qb school vlogger noted that in his NFL experience only one qb, Brett Favre, ever tried that and it never worked in a game.

3) You noted about DJ and some players sharing criticism about KP....how many actually are implying more frustration with the OC? How many times have players in post-game interviews stated that defense knew exactly what was coming?

Again, KP deserves to be benched. He might only be a mediocre player , at best, in the NFL.
Canada has also earned the right to be fired. There is more than enough evidence suggesting he is not a quality OC and that he is actually holding this offense back as well.

Oh, well if Diontae said so on twitter.... If he's running the correct route on that play, the entire offensive staff should be fired. Maybe Diontae wasn't smart enough to realize they weren't playing man, and it was actually a zone. He ran his route right into the defender. Apparently he still doesn't realize it.

Reactions: PittPharm2002
28th total defense
24th rush defense
27th pass defense
Like I said
Teryl Austin stinks too
Yeah that's bad given the talent, real bad, but they keep teams out of the end zone which is the bottom line. Pretty much the entire coaching staff stinks and has underachieving players and units.

I wonder if Tomlin doesn’t want a good offensive coordinator for fear of that person outshining him and making him expendable.

Steelers really haven’t been the same since Arians was forced out. Who later had great success as a head coach in Indianapolis, Arizona, and Tampa Bay
That’s insanely stupid

Oh, well if Diontae said so on twitter.... If he's running the correct route on that play, the entire offensive staff should be fired. Maybe Diontae wasn't smart enough to realize they weren't playing man, and it was actually a zone. He ran his route right into the defender. Apparently he still doesn't realize it.
It’s the most insane example for him
To try to defend himself on that route
Kenny read it right
DJ can’t read the defense , clearly - just follows the play call

It’s the most insane example for him
To try to defend himself on that route
Kenny read it right
DJ can’t read the defense , clearly - just follows the play call

Not the first time this happened. I believe against Jacksonville DJ is lined up to the left on a 3rd and goal from the 5 and runs a slant against zone coverage. DJ is open but continues running towards the middle and towards a defender. Pickett throws to a spot which is eventually behind DJ who keeps running.

DJ is not the 1st Steelers receiver this year to run into zone coverage. I have seen Pickens and Robinson do exactly the same thing.

And was inactive for the game yesterday
Huge strides

Not sure if you're familiar with the NFL, but most teams only dress two quarterbacks. If he was as bad as you're suggesting, he wouldn't be on the roster; he would be cut/traded/relegated to the practice squad. They drafted a guy this past year who they like even more (imagine that). It happens. Obviously Tannehill is going to get a helmet. So your argument kind of sucks.

Not sure if you're familiar with the NFL, but most teams only dress two quarterbacks. If he was as bad as you're suggesting, he wouldn't be on the roster; he would be cut/traded/relegated to the practice squad. They drafted a guy this past year who they like even more (imagine that). It happens. Obviously Tannehill is going to get a helmet. So your argument kind of sucks.
So he’s not even the backup as noted

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT