ADVERTISEMENT

The best Pitt players all-time from every state

cbpitt2

Freshman
Sep 12, 2011
With this group of coaches recruiting Florida so heavily, I started to think about the players Pitt had from all the other states.

PA - Tony Dorsett - close the book on any more submissions for PA. Don't even bother.
Minnesota - Larry Fitzgerald - close the book on any more submissions for Minnesota.
Mississippi - Hugh Green - close the book on any more submissions for Mississippi.

Every time I think of somebody, they're usually from PA. How about the other 47 states.

FLA - Ricky Jackson
NJ - Ironhead Heyward
NY - Mark May
OH - Matt Cavanaugh
WV - Marshall Goldberg
VA - Chris Blewitt

Reactions: jtbuba
Where does Alex Van Pelt land?

He was born in Pittsburgh.

Grew up in, and played high school football Grafton, WV. Moved to Texas his Sr. year in high school (to live with his Mom) to play football in Texas to get noticed by colleges.

Pa; WV; Tx?

Reactions: cbpitt2
Where does Alex Van Pelt land?

He was born in Pittsburgh.

Grew up in, and played high school football Grafton, WV. Moved to Texas his Sr. year in high school (to live with his Mom) to play football in Texas to get noticed by colleges.

Pa; WV; Tx?

Even moreso....................Curvin Richards. Most people would probably pick him for the best Pitt player from Texas. But he was born in Trinidad.

So if someone was born in one state. Lived there for a year but grew up and spent the next 17 years in Virginia you consider him a New Jerseyian?

Valid point and question. But as Raleigh pointed out with Van Pelt, I'd say place of birth eliminates the multiple state residences question entirely.

Dave puzzoli from Connecticut. He didnt get the publicity because he was surrounded by great defensive players

But puzzoli had a nice career in the NFL with the browns, i believe.

And rod Humphrey from oklahoma....who's dad played for the Steelers

And who i believe (rod) has gone on to a very nice career in business.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT