ADVERTISEMENT

The Buccos

Henry Davis is completely overwhelmed by major league pitching right now. It's embarrassing.

It only took Davis three games to go from snakebit to a complete bust.
Send him down to lick his wounds and regroup. I haven’t given up on him yet. Also, given the hitting proclivity of some recent pirates players including the catcher we got from Cleveland and Sean Rodriguez, is he any worse a hitter than those guys?

Nah, come on, we all know that gospel is that they are 6-2, but they are 0-1 in their last one games so clearly they must suck.
It might be clear to you, but it's not to me yet. I was just pointing out that they looked like the buccos of year's gone by when they played a good team, even though it was one game. Continue to correct the board as you see fit. You are a chronic nuisance of a narcissist who cannot let anything go that you don't agree with. The jury is out on these buccos, they are younger and improving, but, forgive me if I fall back on most of the last 30 years of futility as a source of many of my comments.

• Haha
Reactions: FreeportPanther
These relief pitchers make me crazy. So many walks. Then the Orioles reliever loads them up with no outs, and walks in the tie run the 10th.

Shelton needs to step up HIS game. First, he lets Rowdy face the lefty and then he lets the catcher who just got DFA’d bat with two outs.

Reactions: Parkview57
Man I usually don’t have problems with fans cheering for their teams but those O’s fans seemed way too obnoxious for me…Even more so than Cubs fans or Philly fans when they come to our park. Glad they won’t home losers tonight.

Reactions: USN_Panther
Man I usually don’t have problems with fans cheering for their teams but those O’s fans seemed way too obnoxious for me…Even more so than Cubs fans or Philly fans when they come to our park. Glad they won’t home losers tonight.
I grew up an O's fan, as the local television stations for us were all out of Baltimore and Washington. Those fans suffered greatly during the Peter Angelos ownership days. They were terrible for a long time, so I am having some empathy for them.

Shelton is still a dude whose logic is confusing to follow. Bases loaded with no outs, and you're rolling with Tellez against a lefty, tissue paper power Triolo, and Bart Simpson? You had multiple guys on the bench who gave you a way better chance of getting a fly ball/solid contact.

Then you pinch run Henry Davis?! I'd have taken my chances with Taylor and a double switch. Or just left Bart run or found a starting pitcher who wouldn't have barely best out a single that was gloved 15 feet in front of the warning track.

Shelton is still a dude whose logic is confusing to follow. Bases loaded with no outs, and you're rolling with Tellez against a lefty, tissue paper power Triolo, and Bart Simpson? You had multiple guys on the bench who gave you a way better chance of getting a fly ball/solid contact.

Then you pinch run Henry Davis?! I'd have taken my chances with Taylor and a double switch. Or just left Bart run or found a starting pitcher who wouldn't have barely best out a single that was gloved 15 feet in front of the warning track.
Tellez was hot yesterday...don't begrudge that move

Tellez was hot yesterday...don't begrudge that move

Yeah, he was a singles machine and even made solid contact on one of them! Haha.

Just kidding, but I'd have still went with a righty after they brought in a lefty. At the very least, I'd have put in Hayes to pinch hit for Triolo.

It might be clear to you, but it's not to me yet. I was just pointing out that they looked like the buccos of year's gone by when they played a good team, even though it was one game. Continue to correct the board as you see fit. You are a chronic nuisance of a narcissist who cannot let anything go that you don't agree with. The jury is out on these buccos, they are younger and improving, but, forgive me if I fall back on most of the last 30 years of futility as a source of many of my comments.

If you're going to get your panties in a bunch every time someone disagrees with your opinion, a sports message board might not be the place for you.

If you're going to get your panties in a bunch every time someone disagrees with your opinion, a sports message board might not be the place for you.
My panties are fine. That doesn't change my opinion of you. You are a board menace who thinks he is never wrong. I don't care for people who lack humility and believe they must inject their two cents every time something seems off to you. Apparently your panties were too tight when I stated these buccos resemble those of years past. Its almost as if you thought i didn't know it was just one game.
Actually I enjoy this message board alot. There are many good people here who are Pitt fans and fans of the city's pro teams as well. I enjoy reading and posting with them. I am sure I am not the only poster that has this opinion of you, you make it easy with your snippy sarcasm.

My panties are fine. That doesn't change my opinion of you. You are a board menace who thinks he is never wrong. I don't care for people who lack humility and believe they must inject their two cents every time something seems off to you. Apparently your panties were too tight when I stated these buccos resemble those of years past. Its almost as if you thought i didn't know it was just one game.
Actually I enjoy this message board alot. There are many good people here who are Pitt fans and fans of the city's pro teams as well. I enjoy reading and posting with them. I am sure I am not the only poster that has this opinion of you, you make it easy with your snippy sarcasm.

I don't know about you, but if I thought my opinion was wrong, I'd change my opinion. It's a really odd thing to complain that someone thinks their opinion is correct. I mean do you frequently spout opinions that you think are wrong?

What makes a sports message board fun is different people with different opinions arguing about the topic of the day. You, apparently, would just rather everyone agree with you all the time. Which you probably would think was great, but the rest of us might find just a little boring.

Oh, wait, I'm sorry, that last sentence was a little sarcastic. I apologize. I do tend to respond that way to nonsense.

The Cubs had back to back innings with bases loaded and nobody out yesterday and they got no runs.

Turns out it’s not just the Pirates that sometimes leave RISP!

I grew up an O's fan, as the local television stations for us were all out of Baltimore and Washington. Those fans suffered greatly during the Peter Angelos ownership days. They were terrible for a long time, so I am having some empathy for them.
I can't imagine the suffering was worse than what Pirates fans went through for 20 years.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT