ADVERTISEMENT

The Buccos

Pittisit4me

Sophomore
Dec 11, 2019
Man, they are still going to suck. Mitch Keller, their best pitcher got rocked. However, there has never been a more pathetic bunch when it comes to putting a ball in play when they have men on base. Sad, sad outfit!

Man, they are still going to suck. Mitch Keller, their best pitcher got rocked. However, there has never been a more pathetic bunch when it comes to putting a ball in play when they have men on base. Sad, sad outfit!
They have a good bullpen and above average bats. Their starting pitching looks piss poor and add mitch losing velocity, my guess he blows his arm out in May and this team scratches to 70 wins. In the end they will get what they pay for.

Terrible coaching and baserunning cost the Bucs a chance for bases loaded in 10th with only one out.

The starting pitching will clearly be an issue. I would say clutch hitting will be the biggest issue. They just strike out so much when runners are on base. Their continued retarded base running errors aren't going to help. And no I am not Poker, just a longtime Bucco fan who would like to see more quality at bats when they have runners on base. I believe we struck out 15 times in the 1st nine innings. Big win!! Playoffs
Coming this year!!! Lol

It's a shame that they lost the game. Probably 0-162.

How soon until that pitcher #1 pick is wearing pinstripes?
He's probably already measured for them. Just biding his time.

In all seriousness, he's the key to the entire season. They aren't going to make the playoffs, but if they are to have any chance moving forward he has to be the one that carries them. Seeing if he's the answer will be interesting, at least. Much like seeing if KP was the answer for the Steelers, in fact.

Jones had a great camp. He might be fun to watch for a while, as well, until they somehow get him to lose his velocity like everybody else does.

Man. It’s like a greatest hits of stupid Pirates posts ITT. Were just missing some dolt claiming he could hit .200 and lay down bunts with ease/

Reactions: HailToPitt725
Living away from Pittsburgh but being able to watch the local broadcast I was surprised to see an official Biden for President commercial running during the game. It seems very early to be running commercials. Anyone else notice that?

Living away from Pittsburgh but being able to watch the local broadcast I was surprised to see an official Biden for President commercial running during the game. It seems very early to be running commercials. Anyone else notice that?

I don't know what they are running in which states, but the PA primary is in a few weeks, so it's not completely surprising that they are running commercials in the lead up to the primary in what will be a toss up state in the fall, even if there is no real primary competition.

The one thing I do find funny about those commercials is at the end, when Joe tells his joke about his age, at the very end he says "what am I doing this for?". And I wonder, is it really the message that you want to put out there, even if it is supposed to be jokingly, that Joe doesn't understand why he's making a reelection television commercial?

I don't know what they are running in which states, but the PA primary is in a few weeks, so it's not completely surprising that they are running commercials in the lead up to the primary in what will be a toss up state in the fall, even if there is no real primary competition.

The one thing I do find funny about those commercials is at the end, when Joe tells his joke about his age, at the very end he says "what am I doing this for?". And I wonder, is it really the message that you want to put out there, even if it is supposed to be jokingly, that Joe doesn't understand why he's making a reelection television commercial?
No...it makes perfect sense and it is sound strategy. Trump wants to make biden appear old even though we are talking about two 80 year old candidates. Rather than running from the fact that he is older than dirt, he is going with the age equals wisdom and experience angle. It's actually working from a polling perspective

No...it makes perfect sense and it is sound strategy. Trump wants to make biden appear old even though we are talking about two 80 year old candidates. Rather than running from the fact that he is older than dirt, he is going with the age equals wisdom and experience angle. It's actually working from a polling perspective

The first part of it, where he jokes about his age, makes sense. Him following that up by saying "what am I doing this for?" does not.

If I were working for the other side, the clip of him saying that would feature prominently in a commercial this fall along with a bunch of his other gaffs/stammering moments.

Reminding people in any context that he is clearly declining mentally (for the record, as is his opponent) seems like a really dumb idea, one that's going to give the other side an easy target.

The first part of it, where he jokes about his age, makes sense. Him following that up by saying "what am I doing this for?" does not.

If I were working for the other side, the clip of him saying that would feature prominently in a commercial this fall along with a bunch of his other gaffs/stammering moments.

Reminding people in any context that he is clearly declining mentally (for the record, as is his opponent) seems like a really dumb idea, one that's going to give the other side an easy target.
He's answered why he is doing this. He is making the case as he did in 2020 that this is democracy vs autocracy.

He's answered why he is doing this. He is making the case as he did in 2020 that this is democracy vs autocracy.

Sure, that's what he's trying to do. But that doesn't have anything to do with him highlighting his slipping mental capabilities. He could have made the same points in the same commercial, and even made light of his age, without joking that he doesn't know why he's doing what he's doing.

Reactions: NNFAN
Sure, that's what he's trying to do. But that doesn't have anything to do with him highlighting his slipping mental capabilities. He could have made the same points in the same commercial, and even made light of his age, without joking that he doesn't know why he's doing what he's doing.
I dont want to get this thread shut down since the original topic is the pirates.

That said, I think there is absolutely no one that is on the fence of whom they are voting for in November. I don't think either candidate is going to sway voters at this point. What Biden is trying to do is remind people of the threat trump poses to actual democracy and to run on his accomplishments. Trumps message is one of grievances against him and the usual scare tactics that exist in right wing media. If the same number of voters come out in 2024 as they did in 2020, biden wins and hopefully the GOP can rid themselves of the maga wing that is hijacking their party. If people are lukewarm and stay home trump wins easily and the maga wing permanently becomes the Republican party.

Reactions: gilligan 3

What's a primary?

That said, I think there is absolutely no one that is on the fence of whom they are voting for in November. I don't think either candidate is going to sway voters at this point.

If you believe those first two sentences to be true, then you think the Biden (and Trump too) are simply pissing away a ton of money now, and will continue to piss away ever larger sums of money for the next seven-plus months.

I mean if no one is on the fence and neither candidate can sway the voters, why are we doing all this?

If you believe those first two sentences to be true, then you think the Biden (and Trump too) are simply pissing away a ton of money now, and will continue to piss away ever larger sums of money for the next seven-plus months.

I mean if no one is on the fence and neither candidate can sway the voters, why are we doing all this?
It's the two party system to a T. I love politics but this would be a reason why so many hate it. And I get it

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT