ADVERTISEMENT

The Buccos

I was thinking they'd want the weaker bat catching. Probably too soon to definitively say Endy is the weaker bat, but if Bart keeps this up he would be tough to surpass. Of course, they'd be confined by the whole having to have the ability to play first base thing. Not that it's stopped them from putting a guy in the certain position in the past *cough* Cruz *cough*.

Rodriguez has played first base in the minors sometimes when he's not catching. Not a lot, but maybe 10-15 times a season.

What an epic implosion the likes of only one franchise in Major League Baseball can pull off with such remarkable consistency. It's exactly what I and others predicted would happen earlier in this thread, but that doesn't make it any less impressive.

But they'll sweep some teams' callups in September and make us all suckers - at least to some extent - once again.

Wow. They’re so bad nobody even posted after another loss today. Isn’t it like ten losses in a row?

The Pirates still have something to play for this year. Right now they have the 8th worst record in MLB. There are several teams they can still catch, and hopefully get a top five pick in the draft.
Gotta keep building for the future. This team is going to be really good in 2027 🤣🤣

I didn't actually think it would be possible for them to make me hate them this year. I'd have definitely bet on them finishing a handful of games under .500 even when things looked promising a few weeks ago, but I would have considered that a decent season.

Just absolutely amazing what this franchise is capable of. The depths... I mean, simply unmatched. They are truly in a league of their own.

Reactions: Dan1911
I didn't actually think it would be possible for them to make me hate them this year. I'd have definitely bet on them finishing a handful of games under .500 even when things looked promising a few weeks ago, but I would have considered that a decent season.

Just absolutely amazing what this franchise is capable of. The depths... I mean, simply unmatched. They are truly in a league of their own.
The Nutting League of Eternal Cheapness!

Man. I have to be a masochist for watching this crap but this team is soo fundamentally poor. That’s coaching. Cruz is a disaster at short I know they need more talent but a fair amount of the issues is this team is just undisciplined in the field and at the plate. That is coaching.

I know he hit a home run but overall Grandal blows. Dudes home run trot is faster than he runs to first. His la.y ass misses way too many pitches

I won’t most him Tubby or Shelton at all.

bednar with another blown save

He really has been awful.

BTW, if anyone watched the game this afternoon, Brown and Wehner were literally laughing at how slow Grandal is. First he hit a ball to the left-center gap. The center fielder had a long run to cut the ball off right in front of the warning track. And he was so slow that he only got a single out of it. Then with two outs Reynolds (iirc) got a single to right center, and they were assuming that Grandal would go to third, but he stopped at second. And when they watched the replay Wehner was laughing and saying that it was probably the correct decision, that if he had gone he probably would have gotten thrown out.

But I don't think I've ever heard team announcers laughing at a home team player like that before. On multiple plays.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT