ADVERTISEMENT

The City Game Thread & Discussion

Nov 2, 2016
The game is on Stadium Network's FaceBook. The Broadcast is actually really good. I'm surprised.

Pitt out to a nice 9 point lead with 12 minutes left.

We can talk about the Penguins and their good start tonight too.

Reactions: Fan101
I'm a little upset this will only work on my phone, but it is a very good broadcast. As for the game, JWF is going even more downhill. Luther on the other hand, man has he been great lately. Pitt could easily be up more, but the offense is starting to look more comfortable.... Mostly because Carr is settling in. He's off to a much better start than Damon Wilson was, I actually think car will be a really, really good point guard soon.

I'm a little upset this will only work on my phone, but it is a very good broadcast. As for the game, JWF is going even more downhill. Luther on the other hand, man has he been great lately. Pitt could easily be up more, but the offense is starting to look more comfortable.... Mostly because Carr is settling in. He's off to a much better start than Damon Wilson was, I actually think car will be a really, really good point guard soon.
Damon Wilson never came close to looking as good as Carr. Of course he didn’t have the playing time or long rope to make mistakes, but there is no comparison as far as I’m concerned.

Carr is impressive with his awareness of his weaknesses. That plus some serious talent is a very good sign.
He will take more lumps and the WVU game will likely be a serious lesson, but with Carr, no teaching moments are wasted.

Damon Wilson never came close to looking as good as Carr. Of course he didn’t have the playing time or long rope to make mistakes, but there is no comparison as far as I’m concerned.
Only comparison was that Wilson was a 4 star recruit, had he lived up to potential he could've been the floor general of some really good teams. He never came close to that though. Carr on the other hand, I think he can be even better than Wilson was supposed to be and I actually think he will be that good.

Carr is impressive with his awareness of his weaknesses. That plus some serious talent is a very good sign.
He will take more lumps and the WVU game will likely be a serious lesson, but with Carr, no teaching moments are wasted.
I thought in addition to protecting the ball very well tonight, he took a lot of steps forward defensively.

Reactions: Saboteur
Out at event with family so I didn’t get to follow game. Great result. Hope they can use it to build up some support and victories

Hail to Pitt!!!!

Only comparison was that Wilson was a 4 star recruit, had he lived up to potential he could've been the floor general of some really good teams. He never came close to that though. Carr on the other hand, I think he can be even better than Wilson was supposed to be and I actually think he will be that good.
Wilson started the Duquesne game last year which proved he was in over his head. If he was a four star, then what did that makeYuri?

Wilson started the Duquesne game last year which proved he was in over his head. If he was a four star, then what did that makeYuri?
Yeah they definitely win that Duquesne game last year with anyone at point guard who remotely could hold their own. I get Dante Taylor didn't live up to McDonald's AA hype, but man to even call him or anyone else a bust anymore after seeing Damon Wilson at the NCAA level, idk the last time pitt had a player fail to meet expectations so terribly.

Yeah they definitely win that Duquesne game last year with anyone at point guard who remotely could hold their own. I get Dante Taylor didn't live up to McDonald's AA hype, but man to even call him or anyone else a bust anymore after seeing Damon Wilson at the NCAA level, idk the last time pitt had a player fail to meet expectations so terribly.

Isaiah Epps. Was ranked #40 in the country on the date he committed to Pitt.

Malcolm Gilbert (Top 100 guy) was also a disappointment.

Reactions: Pittx9
Isaiah Epps. Was ranked #40 in the country on the date he committed to Pitt.

Malcolm Gilbert (Top 100 guy) was also a disappointment.
I think Wilson takes the cake, but there certainly have not been a lack of them at pitt in recent years.

A few belated observations:

Pleasantly surprised by the crowd, considering where both teams are right now. I expected about 7500, looked like a legitimate 10,000. Atmosphere was good, too, probably from having competing student sections.

To my untrained eye, it looked like two relatively well coached teams.

Surprised by the minimal discussion on here. Obviously due to the lack of coverage, but I thought there would be more posters in attendance. I'm not an attendance scold, though. I can understand anyone's reasons for not being there.

The City Game is always a fun time. It's a chance for fans of both teams to do something a little different, with something on the line. My crew always looks forward to it and the atmosphere is always friendly and lively.

Reactions: gary2
Isaiah Epps.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT