ADVERTISEMENT

The disgusting PG

They want to make money and Penn State fans are easier marks. I mean, they are still fans after knowing that their legendary coach and flawless administration covered for a child sex predator. It's like taking candy from a baby. Pitt fans would be like trying to take candy from a large fat guy. Much more difficult.

Last edited:
The Pg had articles about Pitt all week with no PSU articles. This was the only one featuring PSU this week. The PG is owned by the Toledo Blade and has nearly accomplished its goal of morphing into the Trib Lite.
Don't worry, soon there will no Newspapers in 95% of the country and the availability of verifiable information will be gone.

For the second day in a row, Pitt football is totally ignored in the Pittsburgh Post Gazette sports section. PSU had first page status in the Sunday edition, and the same this morning. This is a "Pittsburgh" newspaper???? I know, what else is new.
Maybe there was nothing newsworthy to report.

Frankly at this point I think I prefer to be left in the dark. The articles they do write about us aren't inspiring much excitement. The TB article of the other day was disappointing. Really was hoping somebody was wowing at the position in practices but it sounds like nobody is. Hopefully the coaches are outright lying on that front.

I never understood why a PITTSBURGH paper would report so extensively on an out-of-town team like PissU. I know there are PissU alumni in Pittsburgh. So what? If they want reporting on their garbage team, go buy a State College paper.

This is on the editors of the fish wrap in Pittsburgh. It's their responsibility to report on hometown teams, not out-of-town teams. At least not as extensively as they do. If they want to be consistent, why aren't they reporting on OSU, or UM, or ND more? How about Maryland?

I saw this yesterday and thought the same thing. Then I wonder, it seems Franklin is much more receptive to the media and Narduzzi isn't. So maybe it is the PG saying "the hell with you then" and if you don't want us to cover, well then we won't cover you guys.

Coach Duzz says very little to the press and practices are closed for the most part. Jimmy likes hearing himself talk so it is easier to get info.

I never understood why a PITTSBURGH paper would report so extensively on an out-of-town team like PissU. I know there are PissU alumni in Pittsburgh. So what? If they want reporting on their garbage team, go buy a State College paper.

This is on the editors of the fish wrap in Pittsburgh. It's their responsibility to report on hometown teams, not out-of-town teams. At least not as extensively as they do. If they want to be consistent, why aren't they reporting on OSU, or UM, or ND more? How about Maryland?

Probably because Pittsburgh is in the state of Pennsylvania?

Reactions: bdur76
The writers and editors at the PG are littered with Nitters. You had the biggest scandal in the history of college sports and they did everything possible to sweep it under the rug. Not only that, but to make it worse they were running fluff pieces about PS during the Rape Scandal. Do not buy that rag, and call their sponsors.

Also I'm guessing the fact that one team is a legitimate National Championship contender while the other was 128th in pass defense, lost most of its offensive production, has its 4th offensive coordinator in 4 years, and is looking to finish somewhere in the 20-50 rankings.

I'm not knocking Pitt, I will be at every home game and hopefully the PSU game, but let's be real about which Pennsylvania team is the preseason story this year.

Also I'm guessing the fact that one team is a legitimate National Championship contender while the other was 128th in pass defense, lost most of its offensive production, has its 4th offensive coordinator in 4 years, and is looking to finish somewhere in the 20-50 rankings.

I'm not knocking Pitt, I will be at every home game and hopefully the PSU game, but let's be real about which Pennsylvania team is the preseason story this year.
42 - Pitt
39 - The school who enabled a pedophile

It is clear that PS has one mission as a school, and that is to win football games. You have clearly proven that point. Success With No Honor

Its simple somehow Pittsburghers keep buying the PG "fishwrapper."
If you stop buying the PG paper I promise you the news will change because they will go out of business!
There you have it a simple solution! Now go implement it!
PITT needs a Journalism/Communications major although grads in that field are some of the poorest professionals in the nation.
How do I know this? Mrs Buffett was a Communications / Journalism major and had to start her own media firm to make a decent living but soon after she met me and became very wealthy but she still runs her media business! Keeps her busy and off the streets.

Last edited:
For the second day in a row, Pitt football is totally ignored in the Pittsburgh Post Gazette sports section. PSU had first page status in the Sunday edition, and the same this morning. This is a "Pittsburgh" newspaper???? I know, what else is new.

As a paper, your coverage is somewhat driven by the fan base and readers' interests. When we start getting more fans in the stands, we'll have more standing to complain.

Reactions: DiehardPanther

What does that have to do with a hometown paper covering a football team where the coaches either participated in or enabled child rape? No one should be covering them and they shouldn't even be playing football. They're garbage, regardless of where they're supposedly ranked or what their so-called record is. If you want to follow that septic tank of a program, go knock yourself out. And regardless of the score of the Pitt-PissU game this year or any year, Pitt always wins because we aren't PissU.

Its simple somehow Pittsburghers keep buying the PG "fishwrapper."
If you stop buying the PG paper I promise you the news will change because they will go out of business!
There you have it a simple solution! Now go implement it!
PITT needs a Journalism/Communications major although grads in that field are some of the poorest professionals in the nation.
How do I know this? Mrs Buffett was a Communications / Journalism major and had to start her own media firm to make a decent living but soon after she met me and became very wealthy but she still runs her media business! Keeps her busy and off the streets.

I'm just going by what was posted here. I have no idea if the Pittsburgh fishwrap had any articles about PissU at all because I don't get it. I can't stand their political stands and I can't stand how their sports staff is polluted by nitters.

Reactions: BuffetParrothead
They want to make money and Penn State fans are easier marks. I mean, they are still fans after knowing that their legendary coach and flawless administration covered for a child sex predator. It's like taking candy from a baby. Pitt fans would be like trying to take candy from a large fat guy. Much more difficult.

Well, three times more pitt fans than psu fans in pittsburgh, so that is not the reason.

All due to the people in charge

Reactions: BuffetParrothead
Very simple solution...do not buy the rag and do not access it online. The sports "writers" are, for the most part, a bunch of no talent hacks with a UPS bias. I refuse to support them any longer by purchasing their product or to even read it online. I really don't think I am missing much of anything.

Usually its the exact opposite.. penn state gets horrible coverage in Pittsburgh.

If it really bothers you that much stop reading it, like most people have.

Reactions: Little J
Like Chauncey Gardner, we should all just inhale the alternate truths of the tube and internet. Rest in peace, Press.

According to the pg, state penn is a Pittsburgh team
I told you in another thread that communications/journalism majors aren't the brightest bulbs in the pack or well paid and if this is true about the PG they cant read a map either!

Last edited:
... they are still fans after knowing that their legendary coach and flawless administration covered for a child sex predator.

So you would have QUIT being a Pitt fan if that had happened here? I wouldn't, hell no! I'd say, we'll change the coach and move on.

So you would have QUIT being a Pitt fan if that had happened here? I wouldn't, hell no! I'd say, we'll change the coach and move on.
We would have received the death penalty. Not too big to fail.

Well, I'm losing interest as it is, so I would absolutely not be a fan if that happened at Pitt. In the very least, I would be truly outraged and demand total change and accountability. Penn State fans blamed everyone else.

Well, I'm losing interest as it is, so I would absolutely not be a fan if that happened at Pitt. In the very least, I would be truly outraged and demand total change and accountability. Penn State fans blamed everyone else.
Yeah. Each year of mediocrity erodes my passion too (so you can imagine how my wife feels each year with me . . drum beat!).

As half-hearted as WE are getting, we know the ADMINISTRATION is more (less? ), so. They barely can conceal the contempt to have to run a program even at Pirates levels of support.

So a scandal like PSU or Baylor ... heck maybe even benign one like Ohio State's (remember, the one a trillion percent less ugly than PSU but got a trillion percent more coverage in the PG), would effectively cause the plugs to be completely pulled. They wouldn't have to wait for the NCAA or government to intervene (and the government most certainly should have with PSU, once clear that the NCAA was abstaining).

Yeah. Each year of mediocrity erodes my passion too (so you can imagine how my wife feels each year with me . . drum beat!).

As half-hearted as WE are getting, we know the ADMINISTRATION is more (less? ), so. They barely can conceal the contempt to have to run a program even at Pirates levels of support.

So a scandal like PSU or Baylor ... heck maybe even benign one like Ohio State's (remember, the one a trillion percent less ugly than PSU but got a trillion percent more coverage in the PG), would effectively cause the plugs to be completely pulled. They wouldn't have to wait for the NCAA or government to intervene (and the government most certainly should have with PSU, once clear that the NCAA was abstaining).

Mr. Noise, you post on a fan message board every day. How half-hearted can you really be?

Or is it that your hate for PSU is actually greater than your fandom for Pitt? (That's a serious question. Do you actually like Pitt more than you hate PSU?)

Well, I'm losing interest as it is, so I would absolutely not be a fan if that happened at Pitt.

I wouldn't really care, because to me the program is nothing more than a TV show. I get pissed when they suspend people for off field BS because it ruins the quality of the TV entertainment. I just want those 12 episodes of Pitt Football every year to watch for entertainment. I care not at all about what happens behind the scenes.

I wouldn't really care, because to me the program is nothing more than a TV show. I get pissed when they suspend people for off field BS because it ruins the quality of the TV entertainment. I just want those 12 episodes of Pitt Football every year to watch for entertainment. I care not at all about what happens behind the scenes.

The stuff behind the scenes is often more entertaining then is the product on the field. I mean... bringing back SP was the ultimate trolling move, and it was very entertaining. Like thinking that Michael Myers is dead, and then suddenly he is alive again and chasing people down. The list goes on and on, really and you have to think of it as a soap opera... or horror movie.

I mean I don't care if the players are good people or criminals, just win baby, entertain!

Forget about this good character sh!t

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT