ADVERTISEMENT

The Pirates might have lost by 2 TD's last night

I think the Pitt vs Pirate comparison is justified if they don't take advantage of the momentum the program is building and fall back into old ways. For now, Pitt looks like a different creature from what it was five years ago. The Pirates look like the same train wreck that's approaching its fortieth year of disappointment.

Does Pitt?
Even less so. Pirates at least are run to manipulate the flawed MLB system for profit with no risk and absolute least outlay. That's "winning" of sorts (for the owner). Pitt's way, within the far more cruel college sports model that punishes losers, has no chance to profit the way they run things now. No winning of any kind.

Even less so. Pirates at least are run to manipulate the flawed MLB system for profit with no risk and absolute least outlay. That's "winning" of sorts (for the owner). Pitt's way, within the far more cruel college sports model that punishes losers, has no chance to profit the way they run things now. No winning of any kind.

Oh no doubt. I have said this for years now, College Football is purest form of Darwinism in American sports. The strong survive and thrive, the weak just languish.

Nutting has killed my desire to follow the Pirates, a team I have loved and supported since the mid-60s. I cannot reconcile myself to his way of doing business. I cut my games attended from 40 in 2013 to 14 last year. I eliminated my partial plan a few years ago after they tightened the restrictions. And for the past two seasons I have not purchased one ticket directly from the ballclub. I bring water, sign up at Designated Driver for a free pop and limit myself to a primanti sammich now and then. You don't have to put coin in Nutting's pockets in order to see a game at PNC.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT