ADVERTISEMENT

The Soufside Kardashian’s

Yinz dumb Yinzers

This is only something yinz and the media are making up.

Tomlin is still above the magic number...the standard is the standard.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
When the Brown/Bell episode of the show is history the Steelers will be no different than 31 other teams.
A lot of teams don't and won't put up with this crap!
It comes up more and more on The Fan and other media outlets that Tomlin ran a loose show for years and it's finally coming back to haunt him.
It takes decades to build a great organization and just a few years to destroy it!
The Rooney's are part of the problem since they're not disciplining their HC choice Tomlin so the children are managing the children.

When the Brown/Bell episode of the show is history the Steelers will be no different than 31 other teams.
When the Big T took over they certainly were different from the other 31

Bigly and in the right way...winning playoff games and Super Bowls.

It’s a league full of bums and reprobates we all know this...the criticism of Tomlin is going right over yinz water boys heads.....

It comes up more and more on The Fan and other media outlets that Tomlin ran a loose show for years and it's finally coming back to haunt him.
It takes decades to build a great organization and just a few years to destroy it!
The Rooney's are part of the problem since they're not disciplining their HC choice Tomlin so the children are managing the children.
The fact that the Roonies haven’t extended Tomlin speaks volumes to me. I think he’s been told that the discipline needs tightened up.

Which franchises would cut brown or bell?

The fact that the Roonies haven’t extended Tomlin speaks volumes to me. I think he’s been told that the discipline needs tightened up.

As you said above, Bell and Brown will be gone. The facebook/twitter spotlight will be gone and it will appear as if all is well. You'll still have guys like JuJu, Conner, Watt, Ben, Heyward all over the media, but it won't be out of control.

Tomlin will get a 3 year extension after next year.

The would have handled things differently so they're not in this situation!
This is a self imposed problem for the Steelers.

So both guys won't be all over social media and in the spotlight on their new teams? Bell in NY is going to be 10 times the drama queen he is here. Depends on where Brown goes, but big city, big spotlight look out. He's mentoring with Johnson to learn how to create $$$ after football. Expext reality tv shows for that clown after football.

The would have handled things differently so they're not in this situation!
This is a self imposed problem for the Steelers.
Franchise tag for bell who wouldn’t sign would be handled differently how?

Outside of cutting him- they had no leverage because he wasn’t under contract control to trade.

Ab-

Meh- he’s under contact another 2 seasons , played well his whole career - until the final game,when he became petulant.

They’ll move him if they get value - and won’t if they can’t . He has no leverage.

For someone who listens to a lot of sports talk radio - it seems you’re allowing emotion to lead rather than logic

As you said above, Bell and Brown will be gone. The facebook/twitter spotlight will be gone and it will appear as if all is well. You'll still have guys like JuJu, Conner, Watt, Ben, Heyward all over the media, but it won't be out of control.

Tomlin will get a 3 year extension after next year.
My main point is every team has situations with players like the ones you mentioned. This new media age isn't just in Pittsburgh. Not every team had situations like with Bell and Brown.

Antonio Brown is a prima donna star wide receiver who wants the ball all the time/complains when he doesn't get it. Not much different from the guy in New York. Or in the past Terrell Owens and Chad Johnson and so forth. Not exactly a rarity in the NFL.

Someone should ask the Rooney's why they so horribly fked up the LeVeon Bell situation. Because that was the biggest issue in 2018. All on their plate.

Im very curious what could have made Bell situation turn out differently. Unless you are of the belief they should have gave all that huge guaranteed money he wanted.

Im very curious what could have made Bell situation turn out differently. Unless you are of the belief they should have gave all that huge guaranteed money he wanted.

When he refused to sign the contract offer LET HIM WALK. And use that money, ridiculously earmarked for Bell through that STUPID ASS FRANCHISE TAG, towards getting much needed help at the linebacker position.

Of course I am only stating FACTS. I know most are allergic to those things.

Lol. when you state an opinion, that isnt really how facts work. Hate to be the bearer of bad news

Uh not letting LeVeon Bell become a free agent, and instead pulling a power play move and installing the franchise tag on him, blew up in the Steelers' faces and played the biggest role in them not making the playoffs. As they basically not only lost Bell but didn't even use any of the money that would have gone to Bell to help in other areas of the team. Rooney's created this clusterfk and nobody else.

FACTS

Uh not letting LeVeon Bell become a free agent, and instead pulling a power play move and installing the franchise tag on him, blew up in the Steelers' faces and played the biggest role in them not making the playoffs. As they basically not only lost Bell but didn't even use any of the money that would have gone to Bell to help in other areas of the team. Rooney's created this clusterfk and nobody else.

FACTS

Yeah, so restating the same opinon and adding more opinion doesnt make it a fact either.

When he refused to sign the contract offer LET HIM WALK. And use that money, ridiculously earmarked for Bell through that STUPID ASS FRANCHISE TAG, towards getting much needed help at the linebacker position.

Of course I am only stating FACTS. I know most are allergic to those things.
Opinions

Not facts

Rooney's have not ruled out using the transition tag on Bell. .

They are the ones creating this soap opera.

How is controlling your asset to ensure your highest reward for said asset creating a soap opera?

You are right about one thing; its all about control. Has been from the beginning. Trying a power play and it backfired.

Making the position isn’t a problem.
If it creates a situation for a sign and trade - great .
If they actually exercise the option - everyone in administration needs fired.

Trying to keep someone under your control who clearly doesn't want to be there, AND isnt under contract, is a problem. If Bell were under contract and was holding out and refusing to play under his current contract I could hold him more responsible for what is going on. Right now as I see it this is clearly some arrogant power play being performed by the Rooneys, who have already lost and everyone seems to know it but them.

But hey as long as all of the blame for their fkups can be shifted to Tomlin and others then I guess they do still come out ahead.

I find it hysterical that you call placing a certain value on a player and sticking to that, a power play. The reality is its Bell that executed a power move of turning his nose up at $14.5 and/or the previous 2 contracts he was offered

Reactions: paulbl99
I find it hysterical that you call placing a certain value on a player and sticking to that, a power play. The reality is its Bell that executed a power move of turning his nose up at $14.5 and/or the previous 2 contracts he was offered

LOL! Players turn down offers for contracts from teams in every professional sports league on this planet. For whatever reason they choose. Like he doesn't want to play for your organization any more. Which I have no problem with at all. The Steeler management has blown up one season and are trying to blow up another in some pitiful power play move to make Bell suffer for not signing a contract to play with them. THEY are creating the soap opera and nobody else.

You love to repeat yourself. Its unfortunate. What makes you believe that Bell didnt want to play for the Steelers? One of your magical "facts" again?

You are a pretty dense dude. I should've known you were hopeless when you thought your opinions were facts. Not wanting to play for a team isnt the same as simply wanting a specific $ and holding out for that. If the Steelers caved to his numbers you think he wouldn't have played? Get a clue man. You're embarrassing yourself.

LMFAO not showing up to play last season was the first big clue.

C'mon man. He doesn't have a team he wants to play for. He wants a dollar amount he wants paid by whomever. If he got it as a rapper, he's retire from football tomorrow.

Do you even know what the Steelers are doing with this tag? They're going to match whatever team offer Bell the contract he wants and then trade him to said team for their 3rd round draft pick. They'll gain multiple positions up un the draft vs just taking the compensatory pick at the end of the round. It's called being smart and using the rules to your advantage.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT