ADVERTISEMENT

The Soufside Kardashian’s

C'mon man. He doesn't have a team he wants to play for. He wants a dollar amount he wants paid by whomever. If he got it as a rapper, he's retire from football tomorrow.

Do you even know what the Steelers are doing with this tag? They're going to match whatever team offer Bell the contract he wants and then trade him to said team for their 3rd round draft pick. They'll gain multiple positions up un the draft vs just taking the compensatory pick at the end of the round. It's called being smart and using the rules to your advantage.

Did you even read the ESPN article I posted? What makes you think Bell would even sign the transition tag?

Again it is clear who is keeping this soap opera alive.

Did you even read the ESPN article I posted? What makes you think Bell would even sign the transition tag?

Again it is clear who is keeping this soap opera alive.

Because he wants paid that's why he'll sign. Another year away from football will not help his ability to be in commercials.

After watching the Super Bowl and how fairly pedestrian LA was, it makes it all the more unfortunate that the Steelers couldn't properly manage the situation with their talent. If they'd somehow could have gotten there... sigh.

It doesn't mean they won't bounce back next year though. They still have the near-elite QB, and that's should be weighed as high as 75% or more for championship potential in the NFL.

The problem with the Rooney's and Steelers is that they're following their 50 yr old business model.
No business model lasts 50 years ask Kodak, Sears, Blackberry, Blockbuster, and JC Penny.
The Steelers better learn how to adapt to the rapidly changing NFL, it's market, and players.

Rooney and Mike, Mike, Mike watch out for Cleveland I don't think you'll be laughing at the Browns for long because I think they get it!

"it's five o'clock somewhere"
Signed: Mr Buffett
Go PITT & CSU Rams!

The problem with the Rooney's and Steelers is that they're following their 50 yr old business model.
No business model lasts 50 years ask Kodak, Sears, Blackberry, Blockbuster, and JC Penny.
The Steelers better learn how to adapt to the rapidly changing NFL, it's market, and players.

Rooney and Mike, Mike, Mike watch out for Cleveland I don't think you'll be laughing at the Browns for long because I think they get it!

Go PITT & CSU Rams!

What business model are the browns using that the Steelers should be using?
The one that has you employ 3 head coaches in less than 6 months?
The one that saw an interim HC go 5-2 with the laughing stock of the NFL and then not retain him on your next staff in any way?
How many GM's have the Browns had with Haslam in 7 years? He's had 4.

They didn't go winless and won a few games. Ya, that's the franchise we should do a 180 for in an attempt to emulate. Haslem is a crook and will soon enough have the franchise losing like crazy after he trades people away instead of paying them.

Last edited:
Reactions: BiggCliff412
No the Rooney's and their ball washers like YOU are the ones embarrassing themselves. Creating the soap opera. Refusing to realize when to cut their losses and move the fk on.

Once again another post that says the same incorrect shit as the previous ones. I assume that the "71" in your name is when you graduated?? Perhaps you were 71 years old when you created your profile. The demetia youre suffering would explain how you can be this dimwitted. Its not a good look for you, at all.

What business model are the browns using that the Steelers should be using?
The one that has you employ 3 head coaches in less than 6 months?
The one that saw an interim HC go 5-2 with the laughing stock of the NFL and then not retain him on your next staff in any way?
How many GM's have the Browns had?

They didn't go winless and won a few games. Ya, that's the franchise we should do a 180 for in an attempt to emulate. Haslem is a crook and will soon enough have the franchise losing like crazy after he trades people away instead of paying them.
It was an amusing article a few weeks ago in SBNation I believe... writing about when the Browns called a guy during the draft, in like, the 3rd round, to tell him they were going to draft him. Meanwhile he'd already been drafted by another team in the FIRST round ...

You MIGHT understand if it were the final round of the draft when picks and going by in like a minute at a time and the choices are almost random . But this was a guy who was a first round pick of someone else.

So, not saying the Steelers have been exemplary in their administrative competence, far from it. But offering up the Browns to emulate maybe should be reconsidered...

The fact that the Roonies haven’t extended Tomlin speaks volumes to me. I think he’s been told that the discipline needs tightened up.
Pretty sure they extend their coaches In March. So The Scott Barnes (Rooney) of the NFL will do it then. And if he doesn’t, maybe you’re right. In which case, he’s a better executive than I’ve given him credit for.

Why do you bait Souf with this stuff?? You know this triggers him.
Tough to call it made up when it’s coming from the players themselves. The “this happens to all nfl teams” crowd has been silenced.

With that said, it’s fixable. This is a blip in the radar for the Steelers.

Tough to call it made up when it’s coming from the players themselves. The “this happens to all nfl teams” crowd has been silenced.

With that said, it’s fixable. This is a blip in the radar for the Steelers.
Is there any doubt that Tomlin has trumped Marvin Lewis? I only hope Rooney doesn’t trump Mike Brown of the Bengals.

Man have times changed. We used to laugh at the bengals. Now the Steelers have become them.

Is there any doubt that Tomlin has trumped Marvin Lewis? I only hope Rooney doesn’t trump Mike Brown of the Bengals.

Man have times changed. We used to laugh at the bengals. Now the Steelers have become them.
No, not yet. 3-4 more years of this then maybe. Think you are premature with your analogy.

Here I am, screaming for them to clean it up but I am also hoping to heck we go after Akeem hunt for a RB. So yeah, I’m all over the place.

No. We just laugh at you

No. We just laugh at you
Meanwhile you guys don’t realize that you offer the best free entertainment for all of us. As a matter of fact, you waterboys are so entertaining that I’d pay good money for the entertainment you provide. It’s outstanding.

I don’t laugh at my man FK, he’s got a point. I think the Steelers in 2018 have been a tabloid show, just think, hope, it’s an anomaly.

Bengals have a decade plus story going, we have 1 year.
One year? It’s been longer than that, Swervin. . It’s just that the 40 years of Dan Rooney’s leadership had built up so much equity for the Steelers, that many just overlooked things.

Weird argument in this thread. The transition tag on Bell is actually pretty smart. If he signs a deal with another club, the Steelers can match it or take compensation picks. It's absolutely silly not to do that.

Brown is under contract. They don't really have a choice but to try to forge ahead. May as well throw hundreds out the window at halftime if they're going to dump him and eat the salary or a gigantic cap hit if another team doesn't compensate them for it.

Reactions: McKee Place
Weird argument in this thread. The transition tag on Bell is actually pretty smart. If he signs a deal with another club, the Steelers can match it or take compensation picks. It's absolutely silly not to do that.

Brown is under contract. They don't really have a choice but to try to forge ahead. May as well throw hundreds out the window at halftime if they're going to dump him and eat the salary or a gigantic cap hit if another team doesn't compensate them for it.
Agreed. Maybe it's even valid to find fault in how they handled bell and brown in the past. But you have to be smart now and handle both situations to serve yourself most optimally within the rules. It may not be as emotionally satisfying to many fans that way, i know most yinzers want to see the team "cut their asses" and burn their uniforms in gold lot 1 ... but you can't compound past mistakes by making new ones.

Reactions: BiggCliff412
Agreed. Maybe it's even valid to find fault in how they handled bell and brown in the past. But you have to be smart now and handle both situations to serve yourself most optimally within the rules. It may not be as emotionally satisfying to many fans that way, i know most yinzers want to see the team "cut their asses" and burn their uniforms in gold lot 1 ... but you can't compound past mistakes by making new ones.
I don't think too many fans want to cut brown, I heard Zeise on radio say it but he's a clown.. Last week Zeise said to let him go now, not trade him but cut him and be free of him.. That's idiotic but that's zeise, just says crap to rile everyone up..

I think the majority of steeler fans want to trade AB but I think we all have his value higher than it is.. first or second round pick is a fantasy.. We have to hope one dumb owner/gm wants him and will overpay, maybe wishful thinking at this point.

I honestly cant see any scenario where he plays in Pittsburgh. I mean, even if we want him, he just wont do it. The dude just wants no parts at all of playing for the steelers. you cant make him play, we've seen this.. Best case scenario, there is some truth to his latest domestic violence charge and we can somehow void his contract and he can be on his own and we don't have to pay him.. I don't know the likeliness of that though..

When he refused to sign the contract offer LET HIM WALK. And use that money, ridiculously earmarked for Bell through that STUPID ASS FRANCHISE TAG, towards getting much needed help at the linebacker position.

Of course I am only stating FACTS. I know most are allergic to those things.
He didn't refuse to sign till mid way through the season.

Go PITT & CSU Rams!

New business model. Go sign Kareem Hunt. That surely won't turn your locker room into a zoo. I sure hope the Rooneys are taking notes!!!

Go PITT & CSU Rams!
Sears was delivering catalog orders to the plains by Choo Choo train; with the catalog put to good use outside once the order was complete. Cash Penney had a nice run too

There’s a few of the water boys on this board who don’t touch Tomlin; but he needs to change his model bigly. Anyone with half a clue has seen an undisciplined underperforming football team. That’s not even debatable save for the PC water boys..

If he grabs the reigns again they can easily make the playoffs and win some games there.

But sure do wish that drama queen QB would STF up too.

The conversation about what got you here is different. Bell was a contract dispute. It's really hard to be mad at a guy making business decisions. The club will cut a guy this offseason because if they sign him again he'll be eligible for a pension. Clubs do it every season.

IMO, Brown's mess was preventable. They should have identified the issue and handled it. But they gambled and lost. The problem is compounded because the club messed around with Harrison and granted his wish but cutting him. Not only did they mishandle Brown but they let Harrison kick the door open for Brown to think he's entitled to get out. There are several millions of reasons why it's different but Brown won't see that.

The conversation about what got you here is different. Bell was a contract dispute. It's really hard to be mad at a guy making business decisions. The club will cut a guy this offseason because if they sign him again he'll be eligible for a pension. Clubs do it every season.

IMO, Brown's mess was preventable. They should have identified the issue and handled it. But they gambled and lost. The problem is compounded because the club messed around with Harrison and granted his wish but cutting him. Not only did they mishandle Brown but they let Harrison kick the door open for Brown to think he's entitled to get out. There are several millions of reasons why it's different but Brown won't see that.
My theory is that the Steelers signed him to a team friendly deal the grossly underpaid him in the immediate years after the Wallace departure. So to compensate, they did things like fronting him money and allowing him to stay off campus at training camp and allowing his entourage on the field at camp as a way of placating him. But instead, it fed the beast and led to what we have today. In hindsight, the Steelers could have dealt with AB better several years ago.

My theory is that the Steelers signed him to a team friendly deal the grossly underpaid him in the immediate years after the Wallace departure. So to compensate, they did things like fronting him money and allowing him to stay off campus at training camp and allowing his entourage on the field at camp as a way of placating him. But instead, it fed the beast and led to what we have today. In hindsight, the Steelers could have dealt with AB better several years ago.
He’s the second highest paid receiver in the nfl behind Odell.

So not sure how that theory works

He’s the second highest paid receiver in the nfl behind Odell.

So not sure how that theory works
He didn’t used to be when Wallace departed and he was molding into what he is now. Did you even read my post? Sometimes you just want to argue.

Reactions: pittmeister
I think your tinfoil hat is too tight.
You’re a husband, a father and a manager. I’m sure you made some decisions and were lax on some things that you wished you had handled differently in hindsight. The Steelers let AB get away with some serious $hit that probably didn’t go over well with other players, and only helped mold AB into the jagoff he turned into today. You know how it is with some people. You give them an inch, they will continue to see if they can take a foot. AB has done so, and the AB era is going to end as a failure.

There’s nothing tinfoil about it.

You’re a husband, a father and a manager. I’m sure you made some decisions and were lax on some things that you wished you had handled differently in hindsight. The Steelers let AB get away with some serious $hit that probably didn’t go over well with other players, and only helped mold AB into the jagoff he turned into today. You know how it is with some people. You give them an inch, they will continue to see if they can take a foot. AB has done so, and the AB era is going to end as a failure.

There’s nothing tinfoil about it.
Speaking of setting a bad precedent, what do the Steelers do now? He’s requested to be traded and gone to social media to do so. He has 3 years left on his deal and the Steelers would eat over 20 million in dead money if they trade him.

What a mess. What do they do?

Speaking of setting a bad precedent, what do the Steelers do now? He’s requested to be traded and gone to social media to do so. He has 3 years left on his deal and the Steelers would eat over 20 million in dead money if they trade him.

What a mess. What do they do?
What they have been doing -
Continue to shop him around.

His tweeting is only to save face.
And to distract from his no show court appearance

What they have been doing -
Continue to shop him around.

His tweeting is only to save face.
And to distract from his no show court appearance
But if they trade him, they have 20 mil in dead money against their cap next year. Do I understand that correctly because I haven’t really been paying attention of late? Honestly.

But if they trade him, they have 20 mil in dead money against their cap next year. Do I understand that correctly because I haven’t really been paying attention of late? Honestly.
Lmao

Is Souf serious...
Now he can read AB’s mind. Wow what a fun thing that would be able to do....

It's a wash.
They save 20 million by not having his salary against the cap, but they have to eat 21 million in dead cap. So, while getting rid of him should give you an extra 20 million to spend, it won't for this upcoming year.

They'll be re-working deals/extensions to cover this.

It's a wash.
They save 20 million by not having his salary against the cap, but they have to eat 21 million in dead cap. So, while getting rid of him should give you an extra 20 million to spend, it won't for this upcoming year.

They'll be re-working deals/extensions to cover this.
Which team will pick up the Shrink’s tab?

What makes me roll my eyes is when I hear:

“The standard is the standard”

it’s cute, it’s catchy, but what the hell does that even mean???? What is the standard? Is it drama? Insubordination? Underachieving?

Someone in the press needs to ask Tomlin what it is and does he believe the team is living up to “the standard”? If not, why? What can be done to fix it?

It’s like when people say; “It is what it is”. Well, let’s first establish what it is, then we can determine if it is what it’s supposed to be...

Sheesh!

Reactions: paulbl99
What makes me roll my eyes is when I hear:

“The standard is the standard”

it’s cute, it’s catchy, but what the hell does that even mean???? What is the standard? Is it drama? Insubordination? Underachieving?

Someone in the press needs to ask Tomlin what it is and does he believe the team is living up to “the standard”? If not, why? What can be done to fix it?

It’s like when people say; “It is what it is”. Well, let’s first establish what it is, then we can determine if it is what it’s supposed to be...

Sheesh!
it means the goal is high every year. kind of BS when Rooney talks about how good this year was because we had a winning record despite making the playoffs..

Tomlin is kind of a clown when he tries to talk intelligently, rooney is an apple that fell far from the tree

Reactions: paulbl99
Which team will pick up the Shrink’s tab?

You’re desperate for a soap opera .

Somehow I missed this doozy of a soufism.

I’m Desperate for a soap opera? To be desperate for something, one must be deprived of something. And the Steelers aren’t depriving anyone of drama filled fodder. All I simply suggested was a theory as to how this AB situation got out of control. But you’re desperate for an argument. As usual.

Reactions: pittmeister
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT