ADVERTISEMENT

The Steelers Owners and HC Need To Get Control of This Team Soon

Really a shame the Steelers couldn't have realized their potential. This Super Bowl would have been a cake walk for them, if only they could have not imploded and somehow made it there

Two years in a row. And short of pulling a rabbit out of the hat this off season their prospects for the 2109 season don’t look too good either

Lol. Super bowl a cakewalk? Pittsburgh is not as talented as some people strangely believe they are. Rams spine is way better than Pittsburgh's and they barely breathed on Brady.

Lol. Super bowl a cakewalk? Pittsburgh is not as talented as some people strangely believe they are. Rams spine is way better than Pittsburgh's and they barely breathed on Brady.

Brady would have had a recod day against the Steelers soft and cheesy defense

Brady would have had a recod day against the Steelers soft and cheesy defense
you realized the steelers did play the patriots not even two months ago, and won.. Steelers defense held them to 10 points.. Brady had a good day but far from a record setting one. 1 TD pass, 279 yards is not setting up any records.

You bring up a hypothetical to something that did indeed happen and only a few short months ago.. so in short, your post is wrong..

The Rams were mediocre to bad. Especially their offense. Not ready for prime time. Most every decent AFC team would have beaten them handily last night IMO.

The Steelers issue would have been getting past KC and NE. Probably would not have. But if they had somehow made it to Atlanta, I think they handle LA comfortably. (If New Orleans, as it should have been, that's another matter)

Juju was being interviewed. It's not like he went running to the writer with "have I got something to tell you". What did you expect him to do or say? No comment? Refuse to do the interview? (Well, yeah, he could have, but then that would sow the seeds of a "Smith-Schuster is difficult with the media" narrative.)

you realized the steelers did play the patriots not even two months ago, and won.. Steelers defense held them to 10 points.. Brady had a good day but far from a record setting one. 1 TD pass, 279 yards is not setting up any records.

You bring up a hypothetical to something that did indeed happen and only a few short months ago.. so in short, your post is wrong..

They would have played in New England. Lay off the Stiller koolaide

They would have played in New England. Lay off the Stiller koolaide
so you are dismissing what really happened and sticking with a fictional game?? and im the one drinking the kool aid? Ok, if that makes you not laugh at yourself, stick with that..

so you are dismissing what really happened and sticking with a fictional game?? and im the one drinking the kool aid? Ok, if that makes you not laugh at yourself, stick with that..

So you believe all five teams that the pats lost to would have beaten them. With the Super Bowl on the line in New England. LOL

So you believe all five teams that the pats lost to would have beaten them. With the Super Bowl on the line in New England. LOL
Who said anything about this. You said if the pats played the Steelers, Brady would put up record numbers. They did in December and he didn’t.

Your statement was wrong. Own it. Don’t change the topic.

Who said anything about this. You said if the pats played the Steelers, Brady would put up record numbers. They did in December and he didn’t.

Your statement was wrong. Own it. Don’t change the topic.

Yes because regular season results dictate exactly how the game will unfold when the stakes are much higher. Your rebuttal consists of yeah but the regular season. Just like the stock market last performance does not guarantee future results.

Reactions: BuffetParrothead
Steelers are a circus, Hines ward driving drunk in Atlanta 10 years ago doesn’t change this. Maybe it shows that he is a clown too but the fact remains, tomlin and Rooney mishandled this roster and we are seeing this now.

Lol. The Tomlin apologist comes rushing to his defense just like the Joebots used to do.
No
More indicating “drama” has always surrounded the Steelers like every other franchise.

They are just on your radar because you care about them

Even the patriots had drama.
Josh Gordon, Edelman drug suspension, Brady’s trainer being banned , etc.

No
More indicating “drama” has always surrounded the Steelers like every other franchise.

They are just on your radar because you care about them

Even the patriots had drama.
Josh Gordon, Edelman drug suspension, Brady’s trainer being banned , etc.
Wrong!
The Steelers are on everyone's radar more so when you get out of the Pittsburgh area.
We get comments constantly!
Ed Bouchette PG was on his way home from Atlanta and was on The Fan.
He said to The Fan hosts while he was in Atlanta he got questions about the Steelers constantly like whats going on in Pittsburgh.

The Steelers have successfully lost control of the clowns in the circus and they've transformed a dysfunctional family disagreement into national sports news.

Wrong!
The Steelers are on everyone's radar more so when you get out of the Pittsburgh area.
We get comments constantly!
Ed Bouchette PG was on his way home from Atlanta and was on The Fan.
He said to The Fan hosts while he was in Atlanta he got questions about the Steelers constantly like whats going on in Pittsburgh.

The Steelers have successfully lost control of the clowns in the circus and they've transformed a dysfunctional family disagreement into national sports news.
yeah, if anything, the national perspective on the steelers is worse than it is locally.. you have players comparing it to a reality show..

Team doesn't have any leadership and the HC wants to be a players coach and ironically, the players don't like him OR respect him. you want one or the other. either earn respect of your players or worse case, have them like you. Tomlin has neither. that's tough to accomplish.. Players sleeping in meetings, Bouchette reported last week that AB would sit in the cafeteria during team meetings, whole team would be in meetings with coaches and AB is chilling by himself.. Big shocker that he lost this team..

Reactions: BuffetParrothead
95% of what the media focused on this season before Week 17 was LeVeon Bell and his holdout.

Please explain to me what that had to do with Mike Tomlin? Media members were crying about how STEELER OWNERSHIP was stupid for not "paying LeVeon". Never mind they offered the man 70 million. The media had their agenda and were trashing the Steelers all year long, thus THEY WERE THE ONES creating this circus. Attacking the Steeler players who dared to speak out against Bell. "How dare they speak out against Bell?" "Let the man get his money!"

The media, and anyone who agrees with them on this issue, are deranged and incompetent.

Ex Green Bay players are trashing Aaron Rodgers. Current Eagles players are trashing Carson Wentz.

But but the only team with issues are the Steelers!

Reactions: TempleBAPittMPA
95% of what the media focused on this season before Week 17 was LeVeon Bell and his holdout.

Please explain to me what that had to do with Mike Tomlin? Media members were crying about how STEELER OWNERSHIP was stupid for not "paying LeVeon". Never mind they offered the man 70 million. The media had their agenda and were trashing the Steelers all year long, thus THEY WERE THE ONES creating this circus. Attacking the Steeler players who dared to speak out against Bell. "How dare they speak out against Bell?" "Let the man get his money!"

The media, and anyone who agrees with them on this issue, are deranged and incompetent.

Tomlin is the chief operating officier of the team.
Tomlin allowed AB to sit in the cafeteria while team meetings were in progress.
Tomlin was a "players coach" there are not of those who are currently employed in the NFL.

This disaster is all about Tomlin.

Put Belichick in Tomlins spot and you'd see different results!

Reactions: paulbl99
Tomlin was a "players coach" there are not of those who are currently employed in the NFL.

AGAIN. Please tell me what LeVeon Bell's contract situation had to do with Mike Tomlin.

Reactions: BiggCliff412

Josh Gordon
Aaron Hernandez
Edelman drug suspension this season
https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/new-england-patriots/update-patriots-edelman-arrested-assault?amp
Brady’s trainer being banned

Allegations of domestic abuse for AB LOL. We aren’t goons get anything higher than a 4th rd pick for this lunatic.

We are going to be stuck with him.

Pretty soon Browns fans will be telling Steelers jokes. Maybe they already are. Who can blame them.
The Browns arrow is pointing “up”.
The Steelers on the other hand, well....you know.
The Steelers have become the Bengals.

I think it needs to be blown up and rebuilt from the ground up before that happens. I just don't see a big change until there is a new coaching staff and Bell, Brown, and Ben are all gone.
Bell, Brown, Ben, and Boswell.

New meaning to the killer Bees.

Yinzers, Inc in the Strip District should make a new killer bees T-shirt.

Reactions: RaleighPittFan
I know the "progressives" on this forum get upset when Tomlin is criticized, but Mike Tomlin's Steelers are becoming very much like Marvin Lewis's Bengals. And like the Bengals, a lot of talent, a lot of regular season success, and not much post season success.
Hilarious. We know who they are.

Why don’t progressives like to win??

And why do progressives see color in issues where the rest of the people in the discussion are colorblind? Hmmmmmm

Reactions: paulbl99
If anyone can turn James Conner into a clown I will be truly amazed. Other than Larry Fitzgerald I can't think of anyone who would be a more difficult task.
I took time away from the Steelers because of all the BS, and then the concerted Steeler effort to draft character guys like Watt, JuJu and Conner brought me back. But then guys like Ben and Brown are making it really hard for me.

I took time away from the Steelers because of all the BS, and then the concerted Steeler effort to draft character guys like Watt, JuJu and Conner brought me back. But then guys like Ben and Brown are making it really hard for me.
Hey ward seems like a pretty high character guy. Thought the same about our defensive leader shazier too, even b4 the injury.

And why do progressives see color in issues where the rest of the people in the discussion are colorblind? Hmmmmmm
Born losers ?)

Can’t complete a thought wo bringing up race...

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
Hey ward seems like a pretty high character guy. Thought the same about our defensive leader shazier too, even b4 the injury.
I heard Hayward say that he’s going to be a more vocal leader next year.

I don’t know if Tomlin can ever put the genie back in the bottle. The culture is the culture now. He let it cultivate. But I tell you what he should do. He should hit the ground running this summer. He should play the guys more in preseason and increase their camp load just a bit and position it to the players as a commitment to winning. As a team, they haven’t seemed like the 1st quarter of seasons have been strong the last couple of years. And when guys like Ben don’t take preseason snaps, it’s easy to see why. If they can come out of the gates stronger, maybe it makes a difference in playoff seeding/home playoff games/making or missing he playoffs.

This progressive likes to win and sees a coach who has never had a losing season.
This progressive also knows the pro franchise is entertainment and nothing to obsess endlessly about .

You’re sports talk radio wet dreams

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT