ADVERTISEMENT

There are no insiders anymore are there?

MorningCoffee13

Redshirt
Aug 23, 2023
It seemed like under Howland and Dixon there were enough folks who “knew stuff” that posted on this board. Matt Steinbrink was just a collegekid and he would leak stuff. DT seemed to know someone on staff and he would tease stuff.

But even the so called Pitt media were wrong on what was happening today.

Maybe the pay board had some info but certainly no body here.

Gotta give Jeff and company credit. They seem to have it locked down on info.

It seemed like under Howland and Dixon there were enough folks who “knew stuff” that posted on this board. Matt Steinbrink was just a collegekid and he would leak stuff. DT seemed to know someone on staff and he would tease stuff.

I suspect Matt and Chris both knew what this was going to be about and were asked to keep it discreet.

Still, I don’t disagree with your main point. Things are pretty locked down since Dixon left (and even Dixon’s crew was fairly tight lipped, Antigua and Herrion notwithstanding).

I suspect Matt and Chris both knew what this was going to be about and were asked to keep it discreet.

Still, I don’t disagree with your main point. Things are pretty locked down since Dixon left (and even Dixon’s crew was fairly tight lipped, Antigua and Herrion notwithstanding).
They definitely did. I knew this morning as well. Would’ve been pretty shitty for anyone to leak his announcement

Reactions: TWPitt

No offense but I can’t recall one time Matt actually broke inside news on this board.

Reactions: sonofabit
No offense but I can’t recall one time Matt actually broke inside news on this board.
Not this board. But pay board yes.

Who broke the stallings news to us before anyone knew? Pretty sure that was Matt. Maybe I’m wrong. All I know is that was one miserable Easter weekend when that news was broken.

Some things are not supposed to be said online even if you know the information beforehand.

But since you are asking,

Unless something significant changes over the next several months, I expect Derek Dixon to choose Pitt which would be a major recruiting win. And I expect it to happen in the next few months. His 4th visit to Pitt is in 8 days. I think the only way it doesn't happen is if Kansas reenters the picture or another big heavy hitter potentially gets involved. He is also making a 2nd visit to Virginia this month.

Besides Meleek Thomas, this is probably the 2nd highest basketball recruit on our big board in the high school ranks currently.

Wait, so you start a post complaining that no one knew what was going on but then says everyone knew?
I said you had to be pretty dense not to know but the so called media were all explaining why it’s not possible that it’s Bub going because he doesn’t have to announce, they send out social media posts, blah,blah,blah. Yeah so I am saying that there is nobody that has any insider information because it was pretty evident what was going to happen and these people embarrassed themselves by trying to sound confidently incorrect.

Take it however you want to.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT