ADVERTISEMENT

They’re laughing at your program, coach.......

Notre Dame would be favored over UCF somewhere in the 8 to 10 point range. So I figure ND would probably win at least 7 or 8 out of 10.

There is absolutely zero chance UCF would be favored in that game. None.

Oh I am not talking about who Vegas would make favorite. I am talking about who would win. UCF would beat Notre Dame more times than not.

Oh I am not talking about who Vegas would make favorite. I am talking about who would win. UCF would beat Notre Dame more times than not.

No they wouldn’t. ND would put up 50 every single game.

Maybe once or twice UCF outscores them but that’s it.

I for one was fooled by the Wake game. They actually were less predictable and KP was pretty good in the second half. Clearly that was an aberration as wakes pass d was awful
WAKE beat Nc st before Pitt and Duke after. Were their QBs any good?

New offensive coordinator please. Not one pass over the middle of the field behind those linebackers hugging at the line of scrimmage.

Reactions: gary2
all across the country,, in every discussion of the game. You brought a knife to a gunfight the last 2 weeks.The ACC Coastal is even being discussed as the poster child for doing away with conference championship games between division champs in favor of championship games between the two top overall teams in the league-although, as one guy said, who’s the second best team in the ACC?

that’s not good. There’s is a wide range of acceptable outcomes for this season, but being a national laughingstock is not within it.

Heartbroken, my son who has been going to Pitt games with me since he was 4, now 24, said , he was done, he has to move his schedule to go with me often , and says its not worth it anymore. :(

And yes he calls the Wanny days as the good old days , and they were not that good. I cant blame him but it hurts. I had him at the Wake game and the disaster last night.

Heartbroken, my son who has been going to Pitt games with me since he was 4, now 24, said , he was done, he has to move his schedule to go with me often , and says its not worth it anymore. :(

And yes he calls the Wanny days as the good old days , and they were not that good. I cant blame him but it hurts. I had him at the Wake game and the disaster last night.
Pitt has the biggest bunch of bandwagon fans out there. 1990-96 were the true down years.

Talking about 8 passing yards while ignoring the other important data point which was ... Pitt didn’t even try to pass (very much) is obtuse...

Miami tried to pass against Pitt and because of drops had similar yardage for a good part of our game

Taking single data points in isolation shows the people “laughing “ aren’t all that bright.
They’re laughing because we refused to even attempt to pass the ball when the down, distance, clock and score demanded a pass play, over and over. It was dumbfounding. Pathetic. Laughable.

all across the country,, in every discussion of the game. You brought a knife to a gunfight the last 2 weeks.The ACC Coastal is even being discussed as the poster child for doing away with conference championship games between division champs in favor of championship games between the two top overall teams in the league-although, as one guy said, who’s the second best team in the ACC?

that’s not good. There’s is a wide range of acceptable outcomes for this season, but being a national laughingstock is not within it.

I didn’t hear anyone referring to Pitt as a ‘laughingstock’. It is a frustration reaction of A a few to the disappointment of the loss. Pitt is no laughingstock. They were given little respect prior to the season, and that continued through the N.C. game. But, the ND game and the winning of the Coastal championship drew much respect. Remember Vegas over/under wins of 5 or 5.5? How about the 1% chance of winning the Coastal. To me that signifies overachievement. Yes, they were out-talented by Miami and had no chance against elite Clemson talent, but no reason to be embarrassed or demeaning. Pitt is what it is, and this year was something to build on. True Pitt fans will be proud and hopeful for the future.

Only the douche bag B1G shills that spend their days here after a Pitt loss say that.

I didn’t hear anyone referring to Pitt as a ‘laughingstock’. It is a frustration reaction of A a few to the disappointment of the loss. Pitt is no laughingstock. They were given little respect prior to the season, and that continued through the N.C. game. But, the ND game and the winning of the Coastal championship drew much respect. Remember Vegas over/under wins of 5 or 5.5? How about the 1% chance of winning the Coastal. To me that signifies overachievement. Yes, they were out-talented by Miami and had no chance against elite Clemson talent, but no reason to be embarrassed or demeaning. Pitt is what it is, and this year was something to build on. True Pitt fans will be proud and hopeful for the future.

haha i can play too. Pitt managed to lose to one of the worst football teams in fbs, and got anally raped repeatedly by every team with decent record not named Syracuse. And let's be honest. Syracuse is junk, paper champs.

Your metaphor is better aimed at and on the Penn State Board.

Syracuse is junk, what are you on? You in shooting from your biased hip know better than the coaches and sports writers in ranking Syracuse 17?

Pitt has a good team this year and a very good chance of beating a good Stanford team in the Sun Bowl.

The nation heard about what kind of character Ollison has. No laughing there. Add JC and his battle with cancer. Doubt there are many parents hesitant to send their children to Pitt.

So Pitt is being singled out? They won their division. Was it the best division? No. But any of the other teams in the division could have stepped up and won it. They didn’t. No one in that division was going to give Clemson a game.

Reactions: lilspainishflea
I was referring to the B1G ball licker who hangs out here after losses making idiotic statements like "your program is a national laughingstock" after they just played in a conference championship.
thebadby2 is one of the better posters around here.

See, there's two things. For starters, it's one thing to lose to a superior opponent. It's another thing to look you like you don't even belong on the same field as that opponent. Which ties into the point.....
Most of us are happy that Pitt rebounded and came through and won the Coastal Division. But most of us also realize that the team had major, major issues that need to be fixed if Pitt is going to have any shred of success in the future. Nevermind beating a team like Clemson; these need to be fixed soon to be competitive in the division, because the Coastal is not going to stay this bad forever. The game last night just highlighted those problems for everyone to see. And there is nothing wrong with pointing them out and being concerned by it.

Reactions: pbrad and pittman71
Some things need fixed; no-one is going to argue that point.

To call a program (any program) who just finished playing in their conference championship a national laughingstock is an idiotic statement. He's not "concern" about anything but taking jabs at Pitt like he has for years.

How exactly isn't Pitt (with all their flaws) competitive in their division? They have the 2nd most ACC wins in the Coastal under PN.

thebadby2 is one of the better posters around here.

See, there's two things. For starters, it's one thing to lose to a superior opponent. It's another thing to look you like you don't even belong on the same field as that opponent. Which ties into the point.....
Most of us are happy that Pitt rebounded and came through and won the Coastal Division. But most of us also realize that the team had major, major issues that need to be fixed if Pitt is going to have any shred of success in the future. Nevermind beating a team like Clemson; these need to be fixed soon to be competitive in the division, because the Coastal is not going to stay this bad forever. The game last night just highlighted those problems for everyone to see. And there is nothing wrong with pointing them out and being concerned by it.

How exactly isn't Pitt (with all their flaws) competitive in their division? They have the 2nd most ACC wins in the Coastal under PN.
I’m referencing the future
Many of these issues weren’t present in previous years
And Pitt got by with those issues this season because the competition wasn’t very good. At least in conference
Now if the conference improves - it likely will - and these issues remain, then Pitt is going to have a problem

Did you have the volume off while you were watching the game?

It's very simple. If Pitt wants to stop being treated poorly by Herbstreit and others, then they should stop performing in a way that makes them an easy target. The offensive preparation with the penalties and timeouts should NEVER happen. I wouldn't expect that at the high school level. Actually, if that happened at the Pop Warner level I would be critical of the coaches. Pitt is power 5 NCAA level. It is unacceptable. Plus, deciding to sling it at the end up the half in your own territory was STUPID and Herbstriet pointed out several times that he applauded the aggression, but just not in THAT situation. He is 100% right. Stupid offensive strategy and gameplan. You would think they might have learned something after trying that against Penn State.

Reactions: pittdan77
The ACC Coastal is even being discussed as the poster child for doing away with conference championship games between division champs in favor of championship games between the two top overall teams in the league.

That would totally ruin the whole sport even worse than it sucks now! If you did that, you'd pretty much instantly eliminate 90% of the teams from ever playing in any big games forever, then it would truly just be the same old/same old teams 90% of the time forever. Almost nobody would ever have a chance to crack the top level ever.

I for one was fooled by the Wake game. They actually were less predictable and KP was pretty good in the second half. Clearly that was an aberration as wakes pass d was awful
I am guessing you were fooled by last year's Miami game..but the unfooled by the start this year..and then you were re-fooled this year at the Wake game, but then you were unfooled these last two weeks....apparently you are easily fooled...

I am guessing you were fooled by last year's Miami game..but the unfooled by the start this year..and then you were re-fooled this year at the Wake game, but then you were unfooled these last two weeks....apparently you are easily fooled...

I make no apologies for being an optimist.......but hey I'll nominate you for the internet football genius award for being far smarter than everyone else.......congrats

Reactions: DiehardPanther
That would totally ruin the whole sport even worse than it sucks now! If you did that, you'd pretty much instantly eliminate 90% of the teams from ever playing in any big games forever, then it would truly just be the same old/same old teams 90% of the time forever. Almost nobody would ever have a chance to crack the top level ever.
You make a decent point. But if the idea is to weed out the wheat from the chaff and anoint a true conference champ, the 2 best teams in each league should play for the championship.

Maybe divisional realignment would solve some of these issues. The B10 and ACC would be good places to start.

Some things need fixed; no-one is going to argue that point.

To call a program (any program) who just finished playing in their conference championship a national laughingstock is an idiotic statement. He's not "concern" about anything but taking jabs at Pitt like he has for years.

You may not have been paying attention, or maybe your homer brain filtered it out, but the reality is Pitt football took a fair amount of ridicule from the game announcers, the national analysts, and ESPN during and after the Clemson game--starting with giving up the long TD run on the very first play of the game. It hit a crescendo when we were still trying to run the ball on 3rd and longs down 30 points in the 2nd half. Most people, including the announcers, the media, and 98% of viewers, were justifiably astonished by that. It was truly laughable. The take was, we knew this team is bad at throwing the ball, but they don't even try, even when they absolutely have to and it's their only hope. What are they even doing here?

I'm guessing I've been a Pitt fan a lot longer than you have. If you were around for the glory days, this product of the last 30 years is a bit hard to stomach over and over again. Those of us who were there when Pitt was in the NC conversation every year, and even during the beginning of the slump in the mid 80s when Pitt was still hauling top 5 recruiting classes and being talked about nationally in the preseason and entering each season with high objective national expectations. Most of us know we most likely won't be competing for any national championships any time in the foreseeable future, but we keep waiting for a breakthrough to respectability--even a blind squirrel bumbles into a nut once in a while--and we keep getting.....this. This year is just like so many of the rest of them in that stretch, except we get to call ourselves division champs. It's like getting a promotion in title only without what really matters--the accompanying pay bump.

If we had beaten Miami--the 4th place team in the Coastal--and made a decent showing against Clemson--not a close game but at least not an embarrassment--I would feel very differently about this season. As it is, nobody outside of a few slappies on this message board really believes that finishing first in the Coastal this season was an achievement that somehow trumps the clown show of PSU, UCF, UNC, Miami and Clemson. But it's all good, wear your 2018 Coastal Division Champs shirt with pride.

Meanwhile, you may not like it, but I'm still a Pitt fan, as I have been my whole life, still on the message board, as I have been since Crazy Paco and Harry G Psaros started this whole thing.

Did you have the volume off while you were watching the game?

Was in Columbus Saturday, only saw highlights of game. I can tell you that even the OSU fans I encountered were giving Pitt credit for the turnaround prior to the game. Announcers may make comments, but doesn't mean you have to give credibility to them. As a Pitt fan, I would never refer to Pitt as a 'laughingstock' no matter who else did. You can either have a positive outlook or a negative one, and I choose the former. Pitt isn't perfect but they are my pride and joy, so I will use the 'Coastal Champs' moniker over the 'laughingstock' one. You can pick your way of being a fan, just as I will. Every Pitt fan wants to win every game and have high expectations, but reality is that Pitt is what it is. For those that think the reality is not good enough, they have the option of rooting for another team. For others, they will be there for the program and always have hope to be better.

You make a decent point. But if the idea is to weed out the wheat from the chaff and anoint a true conference champ, the 2 best teams in each league should play for the championship.

Maybe divisional realignment would solve some of these issues. The B10 and ACC would be good places to start.
I'd rather have a bad team or two, luck out and play for a title sometimes, it makes sports more interesting. Champion has nothing to do with being the BEST TEAM anyways, so why the obsession with that idea?

Why even do that, now you have the risk of the 2nd Best Team taking out THE BEST TEAM! Just vote for BEST TEAM based on perception and roster in August and don't even play games to make sure they never lose.

As I think you mentioned earlier, who would be the number 2 ACC team? Based off results on the field, it really was Pitt
The issue is that outside of Clemson, the ACC stunk this year. Rearranging the format doesn’t fix that. What the ACC needs is for Miami to do what they are supposed to do and win that division half the time

all across the country,, in every discussion of the game. You brought a knife to a gunfight the last 2 weeks.The ACC Coastal is even being discussed as the
poster child for doing away with conference championship games between division champs in favor of championship games between the two top overall teams in the league-although, as one guy said, who’s the second best team in the ACC?

This post makes it quite clear that Pitt is not your program. Everyone can keep that in mind for future reference regarding your credibility as they see fit.

You’re over reacting a little. Did you watch last year’s ACC Championship Game? Clemson smoked Miami like a cheap cigar, and Miami had a lot of talent as well.

Yes, the last two games was not a good look but no team in the ACC was going to beat those guys last night.

But Pitt has won from being a huge underdog against WVU ('07), PSU, and lately Clemson in just about the same scenario...

I think it's kind or strange that before the game Pitt fans referenced those upsets and discussed a very possible upset against Clemson but after the game they are now saying Clemson was virtually unbeatable.

That said, I predicted a Pitt loss by 17 or so points but wasn't shocked at all by the final score. Pitt won against average teams this season but got shoelaces by every good team save ND.

Still 7 wins is better than 5 any day.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT