ADVERTISEMENT

Things I want to see Saturday

1. The running game being dominant against a team that lost of few excellent DL last year. How will the new faces on the OL look; will it take time for them to gel?
  2. Someone other than Weah emerging as a threat within the WR corps.
  3. Flanagan potentially filling the role of a hybrid of Aston/Orndoff in both the run-blocking and receiving/running game.
  4. Quick reads of the defense by Browne. Can he handle the plethora of options this offense will provide, chosing the best one based on what the defense shows?
  5. The DL dominating the LOS and keeping pressure on the QB without allowing the RB to bounce to the outside. One of the things Barkley does very well is bouncing the ball outside in two quick steps for large gains. If the DEs and LBs cannot seal the edge against YSU, they are going to have a hell of a time against PSU.
  6. Like stated above; the secondary turning their heads and making a play on the ball. We've heard great things about Maddox in camp, and the progress he has made in this department. Will that actually occur against a real opponent where you cannot hear all of the coaches yelling "ball".

I was at that YSU game I'm sure Bo will have them ready. I have two hopes we win and stay healthy.

This is what I'm looking forward to seeing: An unhappy Bo.

iu

iu

iu

iu

My inlaw and his friend attended a YSU golf fund raiser this summer. Bo guaranteed a YSU win vs Pitt

1. Browne to look like a legit starting quarterback.
2. The defensive backfield to look at least halfway competent.

1. Aggressive play on both sides of the ball.
  2. The band mic'd up
  3. QB Browne standing in the pocket and finding the open receiver
  4. Our DBs turning their head around when the ball is in the air
  5. Our DEs causing havoc

Aggressive defense. Clock eating smash mouth ground attack with as few passes as possible. No injuries in a comfortable win.

My inlaw and his friend attended a YSU golf fund raiser this summer. Bo guaranteed a YSU win vs Pitt
And McGregor guaranteed a first round KO of Mayweather.

Well I mean they have a chance. I just like to think we're beyond losing these kinds of games, and with how hard the schedule is this year, they'd better be.

YSU ran 70 plays and scored 37 last time, so I guess not that.

For the "not' list, I'd add our QB throwing a pick six, our QB getting strip sacked, missed field goals and the loss of our best player to injury, all of which made that last game YSU an ugly win.

1. Aggressive play on both sides of the ball.
  2. The band mic'd up
  3. QB Browne standing in the pocket and finding the open receiver
  4. Our DBs turning their head around when the ball is in the air
  5. Our DEs causing havoc

Just win and have no injuries. The offense will be vanilla, so I hope the defense plays well so it's not one of those, "closer than it should be" games.

1. A win
2. No injuries
3. DBs turning their heads
4. Browne playing only into the 3rd quarter because the game isn't close by then.
5. 200 plus yards on the ground.

1. A win
2. No injuries
3. DBs turning their heads
4. Browne playing only into the 3rd quarter because the game isn't close by then.
5. 200 plus yards on the ground.
6. And sweet Caroline to be played at the end of the first quarter

Best possible thing would be the backup QB playing for Pitt late in the 3rd quarter -- and not because Max B. was injured or ineffective...

Other things great to see:
--Hendrix looking dominant;
--the DTs getting a good push;
--TE Clark looking like a star.

Go Pitt.

1. A win.

2. No injuries.

3. Our QB looking comfortable.

4. A much improved defense.

5. A dry day, at least weather-wise. ;)
I think you're four for five.
I just looked at the weather report and its a 58-60% chance of showers from like noon on????
But weather math isn't like real math.
For example its a 58% chance of rain so if it rains where you're located its 100%, if it doesn't rain its 0% , otherwise its 58% chance!?

As far as football goes we better figure out a way to dominate YSU or the disinterested PITTSBURGH non fans will become more disinterested after game # 1.
No chance they show up to rally the team after a so /so performance!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT