ADVERTISEMENT

VS, WOFFORD, What do you want to see?

PITT 76

Scholarship
Apr 9, 2022
What are up to ten things you want to see Friday vs. Wofford?

1. a 30 point or better lead going into the 2nd half.
2. what the passing game looks like with a QB who can go as least 3 receivers deep into the progression.
3. a QB who can make something happen when the pocket collapses.

4. getting the tight ends involved.
5. getting the backup QB into the game for the 2nd offensive series in the 2nd half. Getting the 3rd string QB in for the last half of the 4th quarter.
6. how the new safeties gel.

7. who the new hero on the defensive line is going to be.
8. I'd also like to see most of the 2nd string get some playing time and even some of the freshmen.
9. a full successful game with the new punter.

10. a couple nice returns by the punt and kick return teams.

Above all, I want a win.

Narduzzi is still our coach, so expecting to see the QB throwing all over the field is a pipe dream.

He has 3 experienced backs, and I’m sure he’ll lean heavily on them. Derrick Davis should also get his chances against live competition. So I’m hoping to see our line to consistently get good push to let the backs go. Also would like to see our WRs get some separation which didn’t happen enough last year.

Our defense will live and die by the DL. I’d like to see them get 4 man pressure without having to dip into the blitzes.

Reactions: PITT 76
66-0, run up the score, good sportsmanship doesn't get you Top 25 votes, hurt their feelings.

Reactions: Steeltheone
66-0, run up the score, good sportsmanship doesn't get you Top 25 votes, hurt their feelings.
Weak prediction. We put up more against a conference opponent. Wofford is one of the worst FCS schools out there.

a win with our backups playing mostly in the second half with zero injuries. dont want to give hammond too many rushes, would like to see our backup RBs getting some good runs..

the psu kid playing the second half at qb.

a TON of rotating second and third team players in all game. zero reason that any "Starter" gets the bulk of the snaps..

vanilla offensive game plan.. save it for the real games.

Nate Yarnell entering the game at the start of the fourth quarter. Ie total domination by the first two units

Get all the crap over with in this game, like the stupid penalties and dumb mistakes with a 30 to 40 point win, learn from the mistakes this game so they don’t happen in other games

Reactions: 303vND
a win with our backups playing mostly in the second half with zero injuries. dont want to give hammond too many rushes, would like to see our backup RBs getting some good runs..

the psu kid playing the second half at qb.

a TON of rotating second and third team players in all game. zero reason that any "Starter" gets the bulk of the snaps..

vanilla offensive game plan.. save it for the real games.
The psu kid is a pitt kid thank you very much 😉

Nothing but an easy win with no injuries. Week 2 against Cincy I am most interested in the OL. Losing Jacoby hurts and am concerned over Collier starting.

Reactions: Zeldas Open Roof

2. what the passing game looks like with a QB who can go as least 3 receivers deep into the progression.

5. getting the backup QB into the game for the 2nd offensive series in the 2nd half. Getting the 3rd string QB in for the last half of the 4th quarter.

8. I'd also like to see most of the 2nd string get some playing time and even some of the freshmen.

Above all, I want a win.
1-10. A 17-7 slop fest win that gets the coaches in the right frame of mind to hammer into them they can easily get dumped next week as opposed to a 55-3 outcome that makes them feel they are better than they actually are..

• Haha
Reactions: Pitt79
I want to see clean, solid play. It doesn't need to be anything fancy, just play disciplined and clean. Play clean and it's a cakewalk, not matter what plays are called.

1. OL provides a consistently clean pocket
2. WR's get separation
3. At least a few chunk plays by the RB's
4. Safeties don't blow coverages and let guys get behind them.

And of course a W.

Cruzer

I'd like to see the Pitt quarterback have a respectable showing in the opener (i.e. have a strong understanding of the offense, and not play as though it's the opener and their first game under center in a new offense).

I want to see a drunk female run on the field for once. it's always young guys doing it. we need more women to get drunk then think it's a good idea to run on the field during a timeout..

Want a big game. From phil Jurkovec
We will probably run the ball 75-80% of the time against this opponent. The Jurk won't have to ice his arm after this one.

Some coaches would use a cupcake like this to try to iron out the wrinkles in the passing game as well as the run game, but I suspect a guy who complained that we didn't run the ball enough after a season where the offense set school records for scoring and total yardage by throwing the hell out of it probably isn't one of those coaches.

Above all, I want a win.
Well done! No injuries of course…

... a guy who complained that we didn't run the ball enough after a season where the offense set school records for scoring and total yardage by throwing the hell out of it probably isn't one of those coaches.
Exactly, a total Yinzer! Best W/L record in 40 years, conference championship and he's upset about passing too much, who is he? Cowher? Rooney? :)

We will probably run the ball 75-80% of the time against this opponent. The Jurk won't have to ice his arm after this one.

Some coaches would use a cupcake like this to try to iron out the wrinkles in the passing game as well as the run game, but I suspect a guy who complained that we didn't run the ball enough after a season where the offense set school records for scoring and total yardage by throwing the hell out of it probably isn't one of those coaches.
Apparently you enjoy being a wet blanket... shheeesh.

Apparently you enjoy being a wet blanket... shheeesh.
Real talk brah.

Poster wants to see a “big game” out of Jurk. I’m simply pointing out that’s highly unlikely given his head coach’s coach’s known and consistent proclivities. We will run it all over the Woffles, because we can.

Real talk brah.

Poster wants to see a “big game” out of Jurk. I’m simply pointing out that’s highly unlikely given his head coach’s coach’s known and consistent proclivities. We will run it all over the Woffles, because we can.

You covered that nicely in paragraph #1, but paragraph #2 is you being you. I know you can't help yourself.

We usually don’t learn a thing from these kind of games. The opponent is trash, the playbook is kept vanilla to hide the ‘real’ plays etc. So the only reasonable things to hope for are a moderately sizable win (so we at least don’t DROP in rankings) … something at least 35-10 range… and no injuries.

Reactions: Zeldas Open Roof
You covered that nicely in paragraph #1, but paragraph #2 is you being you. I know you can't help yourself.
If you can’t admit that Dooz publicly bitching about not running the ball enough after the record setting 21 season was idiotic, I don’t know what to tell you. Literally the entire college football world outside of a handful of true believers on this board was laughing at him for that one.

Dooz is who he us. Not all bad by any means , not above reproach by any means.

Circling back to the original point-I expect him to run the ball all over the Woffles, with a little bit of token passing thrown in there. Whereas in my mind; the passing game is the question mark with this offense, so this would be a good opportunity to work out some of the kinks.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT