ADVERTISEMENT

This is really cool. Especially to old dudes like DT and I

ChiefJusticeMarshall

Freshman
Gold Member
Jun 14, 2020
This is right in our wheel house. Remember the names. Pitt was a national recruiting force back then.

426636507_10160102132081247_6971171824376817497_n.jpg

Obviously Pitt landed Jason Matthews. But Pitt was strongly, and I mean STRONGLY, considered to be the favorites to land Brian Williams and Don MacLean.

Also some contact with Chris Mills, and I forget the ex Pitt guy who went on to be an assistant coach at UK who landed Mills and also landed in trouble with FedEx delivering cold hard cash to Mills.

Brings back memories. I used to go to the Roundball for years. One year when they had 3 games I went to watch practice at CCAC. I was there watching when 2 guys sat next to me. They were talking about a big guy on the court, it was Dwayne Schintzius they were wondering who he was, I turned and told them who he was. The gentleman I told was Tark The Shark.

Obviously Pitt landed Jason Matthews. But Pitt was strongly, and I mean STRONGLY, considered to be the favorites to land Brian Williams and Don MacLean.

Also some contact with Chris Mills, and I forget the ex Pitt guy who went on to be an assistant coach at UK who landed Mills and also landed in trouble with FedEx delivering cold hard cash to Mills.
Was Cal the lead recruiter on them? I know he landed Matthews.

I’ll try not to get bummed out by being included as an “old dude” regardless of its validity. :(
How about "seasoned" or "experienced". Look at the bright side, if we were running for President we would be considered spring chickens.

I thought it was former UK player Dwane Casey (assistant on Sutton's staff) that took the fall for the FedEx package.

Was there a former Pitt guy on staff back in the day?

Dwane Casey was the assistant that was accused of providing the cash. There was never any proof that he did it, and the NCAA later rescinded his probation over it and he sued Emery (not FedEx) and they paid him off before the suit made it to trial.

Yes, the same Dwane Casey who has been the head coach of both the Toronto Raptors and the Detroit Pistons.

Reactions: TD_6082
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT