ADVERTISEMENT

This won’t be popular...I’m not renewing next year

Seriously. Freaking drama queen. Might as well post this on Facebook to have your friends ask if you are ok.
Friends on Facebook = BOTS not real friends which a lot of young people and others don't get?

I was watching a show where a woman was comtemplating taking an action which was breaking the law.
She asked her Facebook 2,000 or so Facebook friends and they said do it. During her trial she mentioned this to the judge.
Well she was now in trouble with the law.
Prior to her judgement the judge tried to explain to the 30 yr old woman that probably 99% of her 2,000 Facebook friends are BOT's computer generated friends, not real friends.
The 30 yr old woman was stunned whenshe learned her 2,000 Facebook friends weren't real people??

What is a bot on Facebook?

A Facebook bot is an automated software program that is designed to create and control a fake Facebook account. A Facebook bot is completely automated software that generates a profile by scraping images and information from other sources. After setting up a fake profile, it spreads by friending other Facebook users.

"it's five o'clock somewhere"
Signed: Mr Buffett
Go PITT & CSU Rams!

Last edited:
Pitt football is a business. Fans are the consumer. Why pay more for season tickets when you can see the same product for less with purchases on the secondary market? You are still supporting the team and you can spend the extra money on your family.

Pitt football is a business. Fans are the consumer. Why pay more for season tickets when you can see the same product for less with purchases on the secondary market? You are still supporting the team and you can spend the extra money on your family.
Because if you're calling football a business, you're an investor. And a good investment will help business more than a bad one.

Buying season tickets is a personal decision.

So why are you making your decision public?

I honestly don't understand your motivation for doing this.

Did you think that people here who don't even know you really cares one way or the other?

I'm baffled by this posting.

He's looking for support in his decision because he lacks the mental wherewithal to make it on his own. That's if you believe he even has tickets to start with.

He'd rather give what little money he has to Nutting instead, while continuously defending his heroes coaching at TCU and Wisconsin. I'm shocked he didn't blame it on Narduzzi.

Last edited:
So if you want to start your own little ticket selling outfit, where would you get the tickets to sell?
You missed the point.

Pitt made money from the original ticket purchase (call that buyer “Ticket buyer A”). So if “Ticket buyer A” resells his ticket(s) to “Ticket buyer B” via Stubhub, Pitt makes no money from that sale.

But if “Ticket buyer B” would’ve bought those tickets from Pitt instead of Stubhub, Pitt would’ve made more money, and “Buyer B” supported Pitt.

You're correct but:

Traditional business principles don't apply in the world of fandom!

Mrs Buffett and I are consumers of college football and college basketball.

We live in the Nitter media market and Nitter stadium is closer to us by hours than Heinz field.
So since we like college football it would be logical that we go to Nitter games since it's the closest and best product in the area.

Instead since we're PITT fans we drive 2.5 times as far, spend money on hotels, tickets, food, traveling expenses, etc just because we're PITT fans. Net, net it costs us more to attend PITT games than buying season Nitter football tickets since the Nitter games aren't stayovers.

Because we PITT fans we buy PITT football tickets from the PITT ticket office so PITT gets the benefit of that purchase.
Just today I went on the official PITT athletics site, clicked on shop and purchased $ 657.95 of official PITT merchandise just so PITT gets whatever they get from the purchase.
I can get the same or similar stuff much cheaper but PITT athletics won't see any benefit of my purchase.

My fan link to PITT forces me to violate basic business principles when it comes to my college football business activities!

Must be an engineer, we are always looking into maximizing value and efficiency. Doesn't matter how much money you have or make, that gas station across the street is charging one cent less per gallon is unresistable to us. Gas is Gas!

You're correct but:

We live in the Nitter media market and Nitter stadium is closer to us by hours than Heinz field.
So since we like college football it would be logical that we go to Nitter games since it's the closest and best product in the area.

Instead since we're PITT fans we drive 2.5 times as far, spend money on hotels, tickets, food, traveling expenses, etc just because we're PITT fans. Net, net it costs us more to attend PITT games than buying season Nitter football tickets since the Nitter games aren't stayovers.

Because we PITT fans we buy PITT football tickets from the PITT ticket office so PITT gets the benefit of that purchase.
Just today I went on the official PITT athletics site, clicked on shop and purchased $ 657.95 of official PITT merchandise just so PITT gets whatever they get from the purchase.
I can get the same or similar stuff much cheaper but PITT athletics won't see any benefit of my purchase.

My fan link to PITT forces me to violate basic business principles when it comes to my college football business activities!
You're an investor same principals apply..

Must be an engineer, we are always looking into maximizing value and efficiency. Doesn't matter how much money you have or make, that gas station across the street is charging one cent less per gallon is unresistable to us. Gas is Gas!
So do you pay through the Pitt ticket office or scalp through people who paid?

When you buy tickets from the secondary market (such as Stubhub), Pitt gets none of that money. You may be at the game, but financially, Pitt got no support from you.

You're correct but:

I understand your point, but here we have a guy who is still willing to support Pitt by buying tickets. Many alums are not. If he wants to do that at the lowest cost and spend the extra money on his family, God bless him. Your focus should be on getting alums to games who don't go at all.

Reactions: BuffetParrothead
My god are you an idiot if you think paying more equates to support. You bought from the Steelers you imbecile, not from Pitt if you bought from store advertised by Pitt Athletics. Please continue to speak and prove you and your dumber and uglier half are just as stupid as I thought.
If the Pitt athletics office doesn't get any money from sales we should all just stop what we're doing and root for PSU of WVU...

When you buy tickets from the secondary market (such as Stubhub), Pitt gets none of that money. You may be at the game, but financially, Pitt got no support from you.
True, but beside the point. Somebody paid Pitt for that ticket. Pitt got its money, and he is there cheering the team on. Pitt lost nothing and they have one, or more, less empty seats. While at the game he is likely to buy food, drinks, souvenirs. Pitt will still profit from his presence

I understand your point, but here we have a guy who is still willing to support Pitt by buying tickets. Many alums are not. If he wants to do that at the lowest cost and spend the extra money on his family, God bless him. Your focus should be on getting alums to games who don't go at all.
Ain't a damn thing wrong with a Pitt fan pressuring a Pitt fan to give more money to the university.

True!
Actually Mrs Buffett and I buy our season tickets and another set of two season tickets that we give away at our tailgate for each home game to get people to the game.
I get that part.
Getting any warm body, other than someone who's assumed room temperature to the games is a good thing.

They get a commision, but paying more for products sold by STEELERS via team store in no way helps Pitt more than if you bought a pleather coat at Steve and Berry’s years ago or a Pitt shirt at target. Rooney’s appreciate it though.
I'd be very concerned if you posted some proof of that. That is something I need to see to believe.

I’ve had tickets every year since the Todd graham year. I didn’t really think it get to this point, but my seats in the upper level bumped up to 190 next year, and frankly for me it no longer makes sense to but the tickets.

At this point, I will either look at downgrading seats, or moving to just buying off stub hub. Nearly 30 dollars a ticket with the availability on the secondary market and the schedule is just not worth it.

The secondary market is much cheaper no matter the ticket. Just wait until the day before the game or the day of and people are giving them away. This goes for any event. There really are no "savings" in buying season tickets if you know the secondary market. That said, I will keep by "donor seats" in the lower level.

True, but beside the point. Somebody paid Pitt for that ticket. Pitt got its money, and he is there cheering the team on. Pitt lost nothing.
It’s not “beside the point”. It IS the point.

These attitudes explain why Pitt’s athletic budget lags far behind most of the other teams in the ACC. People just don’t want to give money to the program.

I’m not gonna tell anyone how to spend their money. But when people ask why other schools have better facilities, better coaches, and higher recruiting budgets than Pitt, the biggest reason is the lack of financial commitment by Pitt’s fans.

Many times, we do get what we pay for....

These attitudes explain why Pitt’s athletic budget lags far behind most of the other teams in the ACC. People just don’t want to give money to the program.

I’m not gonna tell anyone how to spend their money. But when people ask why other schools have better facilities, better coaches, and higher recruiting budgets than Pitt, the biggest reason is the lack of financial commitment by Pitt’s fans.

I coulda sworn I paid for atleast 10 passing yards in Charlotte. Only joking though, I'll be at every championship game.

Many here are beating on a guy who actually goes to games. Focus on those who don't go at all.

You think you're being smart but if people only bought tickets from Pitt, scalpers would sell 0 tickets.

If pigs had wings they could fly.

We’re both right but in your case, Pitt sold a ticket to someone and you’re sitting in that seat. If enough people want tickets, the price of the secondary market changes but Pitt gets the same amount regardless.

See, it’s actually beneficial for there to be a secondary market because it guarantees sales and competition for tickets. If the value of that market appreciates enough, Pitt can charge more for the right for someone to avoid that market.

But Pitt has to win enough to draw interest.

If you cant afford the tickets then you haven't done much with your pitt degree.

This post sounds millenialish

You need a degree to be a school teacher in PA. Degrees cost over $80,000. The starting teacher salary in some districts in PA is $25,000.

You missed the point.

Pitt made money from the original ticket purchase (call that buyer “Ticket buyer A”). So if “Ticket buyer A” resells his ticket(s) to “Ticket buyer B” via Stubhub, Pitt makes no money from that sale.

But if “Ticket buyer B” would’ve bought those tickets from Pitt instead of Stubhub, Pitt would’ve made more money, and “Buyer B” supported Pitt.

That’s a silly point. I get the premise but there are two reasons people go to scalpers. One is availability because the game is sold out at the box office. They probably pay a premium to gain access unless the scalpers were speculating about demand. I’m that case it doesn’t matter because Pitt gets a sellout.

The other reason to go to a scalper is for a discount. This person isn’t inclined to pay full price and may not attend if that’s the only way to get in. In that case, Pitt sold a ticket that may have otherwise gone unsold. That’s still better for Pitt.

Driving the secondary market into ruin is actually a bad thing. That’s why teams don’t mind stubhub one bit.

I know of at least two such school districts right here in Johnstown, home of UPJ: Conemaugh Valley and Ferndale

I coulda sworn I paid for atleast 10 passing yards in Charlotte. Only joking though, I'll be at every championship game.
No, you just paid a helluva lot of money per yard. ;)

Seriously, I feel your pain. I made the Wake Forest game, but a family function kept me from making the trip to Charlotte. And as it turned, I can’t say that I’m sorry....

That’s a silly point. I get the premise but there are two reasons people go to scalpers. One is availability because the game is sold out at the box office. They probably pay a premium to gain access unless the scalpers were speculating about demand. I’m that case it doesn’t matter because Pitt gets a sellout.

The other reason to go to a scalper is for a discount. This person isn’t inclined to pay full price and may not attend if that’s the only way to get in. In that case, Pitt sold a ticket that may have otherwise gone unsold. That’s still better for Pitt.

Driving the secondary market into ruin is actually a bad thing. That’s why teams don’t mind stubhub one bit.

A third reason is to get a much better seat

No, you just paid a helluva lot of money per yard. ;)

Seriously, I feel your pain. I made the Wake Forest game, but a family function kept me from making the trip to Charlotte. And as it turned, I can’t say that I’m sorry....

I absolutely disagree. Clemson fans were scared at 14-10. It was worth every penny. In club A.

I am the local inside Clemson territory.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT