ADVERTISEMENT

Three El Clásicos In One Month

mike412

Head Coach
Gold Member
Jul 1, 2001
Santa Monica, CA
Barca drew Real Madrid in the Copa del Rey semis, so there will be 3 El Clásicos played between early March and early April because the second La Liga meeting of the season also is scheduled then.

La Liga historians are checking the history books to see if this ever has happened before. The semifinals of the Copa del Rey are the only round with home and home meetings and the two teams rarely have met before the finals. (This is the first time in six years that Real Madrid has made it to the semis.)

Of course some things don’t change. For as long as I can remember following Barca, they always have a match in the road in the Basque Country or some other remote location in a city with no airport in the match immediately preceding an El Clásico. ?They end up having to go there by bus or by plane and then bus. La Liga did that to them for all 3 matches this Spring. (At Almería; at Athletic (at least it has an airport); at Elche.)

By contrast, somehow Real Madrid is always home for the match preceding an El Clásico. La Liga did that again, but really outdid themselves this year, putting Real Madrid at home for 3 straight matches before the second Clásico. Amazing how that happens.

I’ve never been to one. It’s almost impossible to get tickets, but we will be in Barcelona for both home matches so I’m going to try like hell. The only thing harder than getting tickets will be getting Masha to agree to go with me.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
Hey Mike, I’m actually setting up a partnership with these guys and they are pretty good with tickets to most major European events. Not sure how the price checks out, but is always nice going through a reputable seller…

Reactions: mike412
Hey Mike, I’m actually setting up a partnership with these guys and they are pretty good with tickets to most major European events. Not sure how the price checks out, but is always nice going through a reputable seller…

Posting here just in case it is useful:

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT