ADVERTISEMENT

Thug

Can we still use jagoff?
Liberal use of that word is universally acceptb.
Not sure I can buy this point of view..
I recall reading numerous articles how Reagan's perspectives and politics changed dramatically during his political career.. My feeling is we all grow, and change.. I think that's healthy..
Reagan's perspectives and politics changed dramatically during his political career

Alzheimers will do that to you.

Reactions: CMUandPitt
Not sure I can buy this point of view..
I recall reading numerous articles how Reagan's perspectives and politics changed dramatically during his political career.. My feeling is we all grow, and change.. I think that's healthy..

I agree that many change. Hell, when I was teenage and early 20's my views on the world were much different.

But, these politicians are like street hustlers.

The great Malcolm X once said that "the greatest threat to the black man was the white liberal. He said the conservative is the wolf. You know where he stands, he's dangerous because he shows his teeth. On the other hand, the white liberal is the fox because he doesn't appear dangerous. It is the fox who often ends up with the hen because he tricks and disillusions." I'm paraphrasing that but it's pretty good food for thought.

I agree that many change. Hell, when I was teenage and early 20's my views on the world were much different.

But, these politicians are like street hustlers.

The great Malcolm X once said that "the greatest threat to the black man was the white liberal. He said the conservative is the wolf. You know where he stands, he's dangerous because he shows his teeth. On the other hand, the white liberal is the fox because he doesn't appear dangerous. It is the fox who often ends up with the hen because he tricks and disillusions." I'm paraphrasing that but it's pretty good food for thought.
Good quote - and similar in some ways to the famous portion of MLK’s Letter from a Birmingham Jail about the “white moderate.”

What’s often ignored about Malcolm and MLK is their joint skepticism of capitalism. Malcolm’s split from the Nation of Islam (which ultimately cost him his life) was, in addition to Elijah Muhammad’s pedarasty, largely predicated on the ideological split between the NOI believing in building a separate Black bourgeoisie and Malcolm’s belief that “you can’t operate a capitalistic system unless you are vulturistic ... you show me a capitalist, I’ll show you a bloodsucker.” Similarly, MLK, in the last few years of his life, referenced repeatedly the joint missions of class consciousness and fighting racism...including the Poor People’s Campaign, and King’s presence in Memphis when he was killed being to support low income striking city sanitation workers, who were being paid less than white sanitation workers.

Next, Are Irish people to take offense to fighting Irish? I'm Irish and I couldn't care less
The Fighting Irish name is taken from the Irish Brigade in the Civil War. They were called this for their bravery. These were the troops that Burnside had slaughtered by repeatedly charging uphill across an open field toward a defensive line behind a stone wall.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT