ADVERTISEMENT

Transfer Portal

As far as HS kids I don’t think so. I think we’re all in on transfers at this point with the $$ we have left.
Sounds good, thanks for the info. I’m hoping we can land some of the lighter PA studs next year that could be our 125 and 133 of the future.

Reactions: jctrack
Sorry if this was mentioned earlier, but who is Cleary and what weight class is he?

He would be a perfect fit, I know people want a 149lber but I truly believe we got our man in Mick Burnett, He was a top 10 recruit in his weight in the nation and he was only at 138 , so now he needs this off-season to bulk up. I would rather us focus on a true 125lber with All American capabilities (I don’t believe Camacho is the answer) and a HWT(if Cooley can’t get there with 1 off-season)

Reactions: persp
He would be a perfect fit, I know people want a 149lber but I truly believe we got our man in Mick Burnett
More power to Burnett, but I still don't understand what happened to Luke Kemerer. It looked like he was starting to come on with two nice ACC wins. But then he totally disappeared with no mention as to why, and all the talk has been about Burnett but none about Kemerer. Can anyone explain this?

Reactions: _DBHoops
More power to Burnett, but I still don't understand what happened to Luke Kemerer. It looked like he was starting to come on with two nice ACC wins. But then he totally disappeared with no mention as to why, and all the talk has been about Burnett but none about Kemerer. Can anyone explain this?
Kemerer was better than Burnett last year, for sure--Burnett struggled in early-season extra matches and started looking good at the end of the year. Most expect Burnett to have a higher ceiling, but obviously no one knows 100%. I never heard anything on LK being pulled from the lineup either.

I thought I recalled reading here that Kemerer got hurt. I could be imagining that too lol

McNally is going to Wisconsin. Bummer.

If we just get Cleary and Badgett can redshirt, I'll be happy with that. Obviously no one is going to turn away better guys if they want to come, but I would like to see McGill and Camacho both in the lineup again next year.

Edit: I guess there are several ways Badgett could redshirt, but that's probably the most simple.

Looks like Traub to Oregon state. Boone from PSU just entered another 157 who id be interested in if something falls through with Cleary

Reactions: DevilDog42
If we just get Cleary and Badgett can redshirt, I'll be happy with that. Obviously no one is going to turn away better guys if they want to come, but I would like to see McGill and Camacho both in the lineup again next year.

Edit: I guess there are several ways Badgett could redshirt, but that's probably the most simple.
I think the size of the ACC works against us. Just more matches in the B10
He said he wanted to wrestle in the Big 10. Also cleary is committed

He said he wanted to wrestle in the Big 10. Also cleary is committed
Cant blame him for that. I just think that if the ACC had ten teams, you might hear the same kind of comments from guys, particularly considering where the quality of wrestling is in our conference

Don’t know anything but wouldn’t be surprised if he is waiting to graduate first. Ohio state has quarters vs semesters if I remember correctly which would likely impact his enrollment

Reactions: Silkky1982
Don’t know anything but wouldn’t be surprised if he is waiting to graduate first. Ohio state has quarters vs semesters if I remember correctly which would likely impact his enrollment
They do trimesters, not quarters. Sounds like pregnancy, but I think you catch my drift lol

where will Mancini be.he is a pretty tough kid also. he is listed on the roster at 157.

where will Mancini be.he is a pretty tough kid also. he is listed on the roster at 157.
I always forget about him, Mancini is tough. It’s nice to finally have this conversation where there’s a battle for the starting spot. If pitt wants to get consistently in the top 10 you need to have battles every single weight class, it shouldn’t be a given every year who’s wrestling where.

Mancini is tough but he is also still pretty young and may not have been fully ready to take the spot this coming season. Could be why they went after Cleary

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT