ADVERTISEMENT

Troutman needs to start looking for a new career

I honestly don’t mind it.... yea he sounds really dumb and most of the time I don’t know what he’s saying because it’s really mumbled or he trips over his own words.

But at one point tonight he was like “every hooper has said that once in their day” and I found it hysterical

Pulling for him to improve and do well. Need more former panthers involved in all programs

Chevy was one of the greatest Pitt basketball players of all -time. You'll never be as good at anything as Chevy was at basketball.

Stop posting dork.
He’s terrible ...his time has passed him by...he may have been a good player..but he suxxx as an announcer

Chevy was one of the greatest Pitt basketball players of all -time. You'll never be as good at anything as Chevy was at basketball.

Stop posting dork.

Yea he was.

But as an announcer he stinks on ice. Terrible. No matter who else is good at what he is awful. By any measure.

He did improve a great deal as a basketball player. I’m less optimistic about this though

Really like Chevy....just wonder how that selection process happened.

Between his announcing and that screeching Zoo girl, whom I had hoped was somehow related to Stallings and would be gone this year, I had no choice but to mute the tv for the second half. This is at least three years of her. Love the enthusiasm, but just brutal.

Between his announcing and that screeching Zoo girl, whom I had hoped was somehow related to Stallings and would be gone this year, I had no choice but to mute the tv for the second half. This is at least three years of her. Love the enthusiasm, but just brutal.

The zoo female voice goes back to Dixon....I’m not sure it’s the same girl, but it makes it almost unwatchable.

And yes, I think I can say “hey, love that you are there, but please stop that”

Reactions: FireballZ
wow...is he bad.

Well, it's not easy to be great with completely different jobs. He was one of
my favorite Pitt players. He brought it EVERY time he played. Maybe Capel
can coach up his broadcasting skills the way he coaches up his players.

Reactions: FireballZ
I honestly don’t mind it.... yea he sounds really dumb and most of the time I don’t know what he’s saying because it’s really mumbled or he trips over his own words.

But at one point tonight he was like “every hooper has said that once in their day” and I found it hysterical

Pulling for him to improve and do well. Need more former panthers involved in all programs
I agree. He is an all time great at Pitt. Frankly I’m a little upset that the “pros” that do that gig for a living haven’t coached him up little better. He will get better with practice and more opportunity. Help him to at least look the part so he can fake it till he makes it.

I despise the aggressive criticism of a young guy that just started this gig, especially when he was a major contributor to the program !

Not a good look on yourself.
Sorry but either you have it or you don’t. Lots of former players jump into TV and are clear, coherent and make good observations. He isn’t one of them. There have to be 10-15 other former Pitt or local basketball personalities that could do that job well.

My favorite from Chevy tonight with Pitt leading by 8 with under 1:00 left ...

HATHORN: “Chevy, who do you think they should foul here?”

CHEVY: “I don’t think Pitt should foul here”

HATHORN: “Right. I meant who should Troy foul.”
That’s f’ing gold!!!! Straight out of the Michael Scott playbook. I’ve gone to all the games thus far so I haven’t had the pleasure to give him a listen.

Reactions: Heismn32
Really like Chevy....just wonder how that selection process happened.
Has he ever done color announcing anywhere before this gig?

No he has not he was playing overseas. He never really spoke a lot to begin with unless u speak to him. He is very nice always has been but yes he needs to get better. Chevy meant a lot to pitt so their giving him a chance and hoping he can get better throughout the year. If not well than they can make a change. We all know he is not the best right now let’s hope and root he can get better

Maybe it's just me and I'm suffering hearing loss, but Chevy's voice is just way too deep and monotone and I can't hear him.

Speak up. Get some inflection!

Maybe it's just me and I'm suffering hearing loss, but Chevy's voice is just way too deep and monotone and I can't hear him.

Speak up. Get some inflection!

You could actually hear the production guys adjusting his volume mid sentence and then having to adjust the jeff guy down some

Yes, I love that guy. He is classic. Take me back to the NBC days with him and Steve "Snapper" Jones.

What happened to Aiken though? Will he be back for more important games,
He was in with Billy & Dick...radio crew. Not sure how ol' Chevy got that ESPN3 gig. I'd prefer DT._Pitt.

Reactions: pittizit
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT