ADVERTISEMENT

Tues Night ACC/B10 Observations

pittjas

Head Coach
Gold Member
Jan 17, 2016
Pittsburgh
Northwestern beating up on Boston College ... Boston College stinks but that makes our win against NW look a little better and we need to finally beat BC this year.

Iowa beating up on Syracuse. Syracuse just isn’t very good this year. The only problem is we’ll probably struggle with their zone. We need to split against them, would be really nice to take both but not expecting that.

Louisville looked pretty good in the 1st half against Michigan. Friday is going to be a tough game, will tell us a little bit about how we’ll look against that top tier in the ACC this year. I think Louisville/UVA are our toughest conf games. Very low chance of a win on Friday but would be nice to keep it close

Louisville plays good defense blah blah blah but having watched this game against Michigan I have to say that both teams are weak when compared to other teams this decade that were ranked #1 or #4. There is nothing about these two teams that screams super top ten type team like you might see with some of the better Duke or Kansas or North Carolina teams

Reactions: freddietee511
Louisville plays good defense blah blah blah but having watched this game against Michigan I have to say that both teams are weak when compared to other teams this decade that were ranked #1 or #4. There is nothing about these two teams that screams super top ten type team like you might see with some of the better Duke or Kansas or North Carolina teams

Agreed. Watching a lot of basketball early on there’s no reason Pitt can’t at least hang tight with most teams.

You couldn’t say the same with Duke, UNC, UVA, etc last year

Agree about SU. They are really bad, but still not a great matchup for us. I think we can get 1, but probably not both.

This is the worst Cuse team I have seen in years. Even if our zone O is not great...If we play tough D Cuse has trouble scoring. Champ could do well operating at the FT line vs the zone.

Reactions: Bethlehemjohn
Yeah the empty seats at the Dome really shocked me. Looked like a...okay not going there but even in snowstorm's those people would show up.

Northwestern beating up on Boston College ... Boston College stinks but that makes our win against NW look a little better and we need to finally beat BC this year.

Iowa beating up on Syracuse. Syracuse just isn’t very good this year. The only problem is we’ll probably struggle with their zone. We need to split against them, would be really nice to take both but not expecting that.

Louisville looked pretty good in the 1st half against Michigan. Friday is going to be a tough game, will tell us a little bit about how we’ll look against that top tier in the ACC this year. I think Louisville/UVA are our toughest conf games. Very low chance of a win on Friday but would be nice to keep it close
Well, Pitt did manage to beat the Fighting Ky Bowman’s in the ACC tourney last year at least.

Not to get too excited about 3 wins over bottom tier B1G/B12 schools, but I look at the results from last season after the 2-2 start in conference play and how they just couldn’t buy a win against even other mediocre ACC opponents, in some close games... and hope these experiences serve in OOC serve them well.

Maybe it’s a good thing that after this 3 game win streak over P5’s (feel that’s more of a CFB term but suppose it applies) that they get possibly their toughest game of the year before closing out the OOC with what will hopefully be 3 W’s.

10-3 heading into the bulk of ACC play with a few solid wins wouldn’t be too bad.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT