ADVERTISEMENT

Turning Point: 45-45 and GDG replaced Fede

Had a key offensive RB, a steal, a big 3-pointer. Unless we are facing a really big-bodied #5, he needs to be in there. With the 3 guards and Blake, he gives us 5 scoring options on the floor. We become a lot tougher to defend.
G was very good tonight.

FF did a few nice things too. One of the best parts was that nobody really played poorly.

If Pitt can get this type of effort and production from everyone consistently they will have a reasonable chance in every game.

G was very good tonight.

FF did a few nice things too. One of the best parts was that nobody really played poorly.

If Pitt can get this type of effort and production from everyone consistently they will have a reasonable chance in every game.
I thought Fede played very well in the first half.

He had to convert that layup though. He has had far to many of those this season.

I don't put much stock in plus minus (in basketball or hockey), but for those who do Diaz Graham was a +15 and Federiko was a -4. The only worse +/- for Pitt was Zach Austin at an incredible -15.

I thought Fede played very well in the first half.

He had to convert that layup though. He has had far to many of those this season.
He did. But overall he was a help. Not a detriment. Looked like his energy was up.

Altered some shots. Handled the ball some and made some good passes.

I’ll take the combined play tonight from him and G on a regular basis for the rest of the season.

Turning point was when Reese Beekman went to the bench with his 3rd foul, score was 47-47. Bennett had some ridiculous concoction of a lineup out there that couldn't defend or score. He had McNeely at point, after Harris jacked up a 3, with Murray and Buchanan in the game. Didn't take long for Pitt to push the lead up to 7.

This is now two games in a row where the opponent erased multiple big leads only to have Pitt stop the run and take back command thanks to 3 point shooting. Having 4 and sometimes 5 (when GDG is out there) guys that have range from 3 is a huge weapon to have.

Reactions: Atlanta Panther
Turning point was when Reese Beekman went to the bench with his 3rd foul, score was 47-47. Bennett had some ridiculous concoction of a lineup out there that couldn't defend or score. He had McNeely at point, after Harris jacked up a 3, with Murray and Buchanan in the game. Didn't take long for Pitt to push the lead up to 7.
Yep. But still: PITT MADE SHOTS!

That’s what Bennett wasn’t counting on. He thought that lineup could at least create a stalemate and kill time. But he was wrong.

UVA can't play without Beekman.
They can play defense. Sure they struggle on offense without him. He’s the straw that stirs the drink

Pitt also did a FABULOUS job on McKneely after the first part of the 1st half.

Pitt deserves ALL the credit for this one. Just a really excellent game.

They can play defense. Sure they struggle on offense without him. He’s the straw that stirs the drink

Pitt also did a FABULOUS job on McKneely after the first part of the 1st half.

Pitt deserves ALL the credit for this one. Just a really excellent game.

This is Tony Bennett's worst defensive teams I've seen since I've been following the Hoos. Their starting 5 consists of 2 elite lockdown defenders and 3 guys that total liabilities. There big guys are so slow recovering on the high hedge, and closing out on shooters has been a weakness all year.

Offensively, they just have so many limitations. Their shooters aren't very good athletes, and none of them can create their own shot. Conversely, the guys with athleticism and handles can't shoot. And they don't get a lot offensively from their bigs.

The transfer portal era has not been kind to Virginia basketball.

This is now two games in a row where the opponent erased multiple big leads only to have Pitt stop the run and take back command thanks to 3 point shooting. Having 4 and sometimes 5 (when GDG is out there) guys that have range from 3 is a huge weapon to have.
Five guys that can hit the three and three guys that can drive to the hoop will win a lot of games.

Reactions: Atlanta Panther
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT