ADVERTISEMENT

Twins Progress

WillyDavis33

Freshman
Jun 4, 2023
Do the experts expect the twins to make a leap this year? I think both can be valuable players in certain roles!

Do the experts expect the twins to make a leap this year? I think both can be valuable players in certain roles!
They really need to hit the weight room hard!! Neither looked like they added any muscles last year and they paid for it on the block. Gotta see more of a commitment to the off season program. It's great they can shoot 3's but we need 7 feet dudes to take advantage of the paint.

Reactions: WillyDavis33
They really need to hit the weight room hard!! Neither looked like they added any muscles last year and they paid for it on the block. Gotta see more of a commitment to the off season program. It's great they can shoot 3's but we need 7 feet dudes to take advantage of the paint.
Yep, after hearing they both gained weight leading up to the season it looked like they were the same as their freshman year.

At this point their role seems to be fill in minutes and the occasional 3 pt

Reactions: rockypanther
Although it doesn't translate fully to college ball, Pitt's need, but the NBA liked what they saw from G D-G last season. The NBA loves 7-footers who can shoot the 3-ball. They don't expect or need that type of player to contribute on the low blocks either offensively or defensively.

Reactions: Jeffburgh
In one of our last couple of games last season, I could have sworn I saw Guillermo take a pass in the paint, do a spin move to his right and finish with his left hand. I could have dreamed this, but I remember wondering where that kind of move from him has been…

And Guillermo shot 40% from three last season. (BTW, Guillermo only shot around 32% from three in HS, while Jorge was around 40%, if I remember correctly…)

Go Pitt.

Yep, after hearing they both gained weight leading up to the season it looked like they were the same as their freshman year.

At this point their role seems to be fill in minutes and the occasional 3 pt

I'm not sure what you were watching. GDG was definitely stronger and heavier. All you need to do is count the number of times he was on the ground in his first 2 seasons.

JDG didn't play enough to make any determination of his strength but definitely added weight last year.

Reactions: PatMac59
I'm not sure what you were watching. GDG was definitely stronger and heavier. All you need to do is count the number of times he was on the ground in his first 2 seasons.

JDG didn't play enough to make any determination of his strength but definitely added weight last year.
I'm not a big NBA guy but when I saw how bulked up Kristaps Porzingis is now compared to his Knicks days, I was stunned. No reason the twins couldn't do the same type of thing.

Reactions: joeydavid
I'm not a big NBA guy but when I saw how bulked up Kristaps Porzingis is now compared to his Knicks days, I was stunned. No reason the twins couldn't do the same type of thing.

10 to 15 pounds per year is all you can reasonably expect but after 4-5 years that's still 40 pounds.

10 to 15 pounds per year is all you can reasonably expect but after 4-5 years that's still 40 pounds.
Yes, agree.

There are natural limits based on an individual's inherent build. Base on what I have seen, my suspicion is that the twins ceiling from strength training is probably around 230 lbs. They don't have the body type to get to 240-260.

In any event, their skills set is as forwards with being able to shoot the 3-ball and so playing the low post will never be their thing except in backup roles.

Reactions: rockypanther
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT