ADVERTISEMENT

Ugh

Not at all. I don’t recall Capel using any of those things as an excuse for anything. Been here all season.

If you think that answering a reporter’s question about his experience with covid with “yeah, it sucked. I was really sick, wouldn’t wish it on anyone,” then I think you have a pretty liberal definition of what an excuse actually is.
How about double standard by refs and I tried everything just can’t get through to him For X?

Be honest.

Well 21/22 is cards on the table time. For the record I supported this hire , I was wrong
Me too. I said re-establishing the ability to recruit at Pitt was the biggest problem.

Capel solved that, only to re-create it as a problem Three years later.

How about double standard by refs and I tried everything just can’t get through to him For X?

Be honest.
You ever have a leadership position of any kind? Sometimes you can’t get through. Sometimes it’s you, sometimes it’s them. And a lot of times it’s a combo of the 2. That’s not an excuse, that’s life. Some people don’t mesh. And when it comes to that point the employee, or in this case the player, is shown the door.

XJ may respond to his next coach. But that’s not necessarily and indictment on Capel. Relationships of all kinds sometimes just can’t and don’t work out.

You ever have a leadership position of any kind? Sometimes you can’t get through. Sometimes it’s you, sometimes it’s them. And a lot of times it’s a combo of the 2. That’s not an excuse, that’s life. Some people don’t mesh. And when it comes to that point the employee, or in this case the player, is shown the door.

XJ may respond to his next coach. But that’s not necessarily and indictment on Capel. Relationships of all kinds sometimes just can’t and don’t work out.
Don’t disagree.

I was only answering someone saying no excuse were made. They were:

Covid - Refs - Players (at least)

Do you disagree?

Don’t disagree.

Do you disagree?

Some excuses were used several times this year as well in different settings

Reactions: gary2
Don’t disagree.

Do you disagree?
Addressed this but I’ll say it again. I don’t know. I used to consume as much Pitt bball as I could get, game and non game. Now I watch the games when it’s convenient. At one time I made sure I did what I could to not miss a minute. And I mean that literally.

Most everything else I see on this board. Some of you say he uses excuses, others say no.

I never said anything negative about this particular transfer.

I call him a lazy burnout because of my impression he is not working hard enough in relation to zoom calls and virtual visits (based on published accounts from recruits) I also criticize his failure to participate and express real interest (true or not) in initial contacts.
Your newest insurrection ?!?!?

Reactions: pelfrey
As soon as this guy gets his ass in gear, I will get off his back. Not until then.

He got his honeymoon. It is over.
The issue is that you are making a baseless assumption that his ass isn’t in gear and/or he is being lazy. Based on the fact that he hasn’t been involved in some initial zoom calls? You are reaching to justify the conclusion you made without sufficient evidence.

Assess him once the class is complete. Until then you are grasping for straws.

Reactions: Gunga_Galunga
The issue is that you are making a baseless assumption that his ass isn’t in gear and/or he is being lazy. Based on the fact that he hasn’t been involved in some initial zoom calls? You are reaching to justify the conclusion you made without sufficient evidence.

This is what GaryQJan6 does
He’s a paranoid weirdo

Reactions: Ski11585
I can testify to the fact I know nothing about how hard Capel is working or not working. I can testify to his results which have been less than impressive. He says a lot of the right kind of things, though I wish he would leave his ideology out of the program. It's super annoying to me personally, but obviously the University has no problem with it.

That being said let's see what the next year brings. The water will get hot if he keeps the status quo.

Any talk of staff changes besides the folks here?

I think he’s a very solid coach whose teams have improved each year here. I think he’s going to put together a solid roster for 2021, and we’re going to see a couple of guys improve next year just like we’ve seen over the past three. I would very strongly disagree that we’re anywhere close to square one. I’m pretty comfortable with where I sit with it; you can disagree. Just don’t expect not to get pushback when you post bizarre, totally irrelevant cheap shots for our coach answering a reporter’s question?

I agree. When femi and will are juniors and seniors, they could potentially be one of best 1-2 combos in the conference. I think collier can be a really good role player as an upper classman. Hugley back into the equation it’s a whole new ball game.

we have to remember, the 2020 class was close to a top 25 class - with a very underrated femi. The pieces are there.

I agree with this wholeheartedly.

We have zero recruits, we all know this. We don't know what kind of effort is going into it. Maybe they are/were shooting too high. Maybe it's a hard sell, maybe the assistants blow... maybe a combo of everything.

I've said this in BB and FB, fans don't need to know details of anything, even though they want to know.

Me too. I said re-establishing the ability to recruit at Pitt was the biggest problem.

Capel solved that, only to re-create it as a problem Three years later.
For those not believing me:

We need to get back to being a"talented,veteran " team.

Capel's recruiting has been at least adequate enough to allow that. Another year (at most two) and we are there.

For a number of years, I felt Pitt lost the ability to recruit. That feeling has passed.
I have hardly been all over the guy until now.

Reactions: WannyandWalt
I agree with this wholeheartedly.

We have zero recruits, we all know this. We don't know what kind of effort is going into it. Maybe they are/were shooting too high. Maybe it's a hard sell, maybe the assistants blow... maybe a combo of everything.

I've said this in BB and FB, fans don't need to know details of anything, even though they want to know.
I get the frustration. I, too, am disappointed with where the program is right now. But this staff clearly keeps recruiting info close to the vest and had a specific approach. I’m not gong to get worked up over every tweet that does or does not mention Capel. Either he signs a good class or he doesn’t. Then I’ll pass judgment.

But he’s a young guy who has a long career ahead of him to coach. I can’t imagine he’s just being lazy when he knows this may be his last shot at a HC gig.

Reactions: pittjas
Did you just do a double reply to your own posts? Or something else happen...
I believe I inserted quotes from a post of mine from Jan 2020 that documents the logical progression of my feelings concerning Coach Capel.

Reactions: WannyandWalt
Gotta stay optimistic, if Grand Canyon can land Igiehon, I know Capel will get us someone!!!

i think you are confusing this. he doesnt like the quality of player in the info.

get a grip
Based on what ?
Internet rumors
Be concerned if the team we have stinks next year
Worrying about a player saying we talked to them
Is idiotic

I’m not the one despondent over internet rumors
I’m not the one needing a grip

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT