ADVERTISEMENT

Ugh

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001
Already shooting lower it seems:

12 PPG guy from Monmouth. Translates to 3 in the ACC. Have to fight off RMU though

Already shooting lower it seems:

12 PPG guy from Monmouth. Translates to 3 in the ACC. Have to fight off RMU though

Capel won't be here much longer , so there is a silver lining to this recruiting etc

Thanks for the input
You don’t think it’s odd that you’re out here whining that Capel isn’t tweeting more about his visits and posting a bunch of D2 guys to target only to turn around and say he’s a burnout because of this?

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
You don’t think it’s odd that you’re out here whining that Capel isn’t tweeting more about his visits and posting a bunch of D2 guys to target only to turn around and say he’s a burnout because of this?
Life seems too hard for him

If this kid defends well and plays hard who cares. He’s not being recruited to play a ton of min.

Reactions: Ski11585

Any interest in actually responding to my post?

Seems like you’ve made up your mind about Capel. Which is fine. But at least try to be consistent.
Where did I ever complain about "Capel not tweeting"? I complained about the lack of recruits reporting zoom calls and virtual visits with Pitt. I complained that Capel "could not be bothered" to participate in initial recruiting contacts,

I characterized that as consistent with a "lazy burnout". I stand by that.

• Haha
Reactions: pelfrey
Jeff makes excuses non stop , disagree with that?
I don’t pay close enough attention but there are enough who say it so he probably does.

Bottom line is the results so far suck. That’s all I am interested in.

I used to try to catch all the pre and post game stuff at one time. I enjoyed that run under Dixon (and Howland) as much as anyone. I don’t have ACC network but know how to find games. Sometimes I don’t even make an effort to do that. Just been disappointing.

Reactions: gary2
Where did I ever complain about "Capel not tweeting"? I complained about the lack of recruits reporting zoom calls and virtual visits with Pitt. I complained that Capel "could not be bothered" to participate in initial recruiting contacts,

I characterized that as consistent with a "lazy burnout". I stand by that.
So reaching out to another transfer is being a lazy burnout? Or is it just this particular transfer?

Reactions: MuncyPanther
Didn't someone say in another thread that most recruiting information comes from the players themselves?

Maybe this kid was happy to mention Pitt and WVU, even if all he got from them was a postcard in the mail.

Reactions: MuncyPanther
So reaching out to another transfer is being a lazy burnout? Or is it just this particular transfer?
He’s bound and determined to see to it that Capel is treated as poorly as Stallings was. Don’t know if he thinks his posts are gonna sway anyone but that’s his agenda.

I never said anything negative about this particular transfer.

I call him a lazy burnout because of my impression he is not working hard enough in relation to zoom calls and virtual visits (based on published accounts from recruits) I also criticize his failure to participate and express real interest (true or not) in initial contacts.

I don’t pay close enough attention but there are enough who say it so he probably does.

Bottom line is the results so far suck. That’s all I am interested in.

I used to try to catch all the pre and post game stuff at one time. I enjoyed that run under Dixon (and Howland) as much as anyone. I don’t have ACC network but know how to find games. Sometimes I don’t even make an effort to do that. Just been disappointing.
The same 2-3 posters saying the same nonsense over and over again at every opportunity doesn’t give the underlying point any legitimacy.

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
The same 2-3 posters saying the same nonsense over and over again at every opportunity doesn’t give the underlying point any legitimacy.
Ok - You think he is fine - I think he is an abject failure

One step forward, then two steps back. Create only to destroy.

We sit at square one after three years.

Thank God this unique year provides him a "shot" at redemption. In my opinion, he is not exactly embracing it.

He seems ready to collect his money and move on. This is too hard.

He did not want to play. Coach K did not want to play. Coach K is 105 years old and in a down year. What is Capel's excuse?

Last edited:
I call him a lazy burnout because of my impression he is not working hard enough in relation to zoom calls and virtual visits (based on published accounts from recruits) I also criticize his failure to participate and express real interest (true or not) in initial contacts.
Capel really needs to get in contact with gary2 and fully explain his recruiting strategy. There's absolutely no reason why gary2 should be kept in the dark.

Capel really needs to get in contact with gary2 and fully explain his recruiting strategy. There's absolutely no reason why gary2 should be kept in the dark.
He does not need to explain anything to me. Results are self explanatory.

Ok - You think he is fine - I think he is an abject failure

One step forward, then two steps back. Create only to destroy.

We sit at square one after three years.

Thank God this unique year provides him a "shot" at redemption. In my opinion, he is not exactly embracing it.

He seems ready to collect his money and move on. This is too hard.
I think he’s a very solid coach whose teams have improved each year here. I think he’s going to put together a solid roster for 2021, and we’re going to see a couple of guys improve next year just like we’ve seen over the past three. I would very strongly disagree that we’re anywhere close to square one. I’m pretty comfortable with where I sit with it; you can disagree. Just don’t expect not to get pushback when you post bizarre, totally irrelevant cheap shots for our coach answering a reporter’s question?

Reactions: Ski11585
He does not need to explain anything to me. Results are self explanatory.
So why not save your consternation for when the recruiting class is finished rather than making illogical leaps based on nonsense you read on Twitter?

Reactions: USAF Phantom
It’s a results oriented business and he needs to land some big fish instead of continuing to be in the last 2-3 and miss out.

But to say he’s a “lazy burnout” is just straight up idiotic. By all accounts he’s been working his ass off the last couple years to land some big fish.

criticize the plan, the strategy all you want... but to call him lazy is stupid

Your kidding right? First it was Covid, then the refs, then his own players.

You missed that?
Not at all. I don’t recall Capel using any of those things as an excuse for anything. Been here all season.

If you think that answering a reporter’s question about his experience with covid with “yeah, it sucked. I was really sick, wouldn’t wish it on anyone,” then I think you have a pretty liberal definition of what an excuse actually is.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT