ADVERTISEMENT

UNC & Columbia Duals

_DBHoops

Scholarship
Feb 17, 2021
We wrestle in Chapel Hill tonight (Friday, 7pm) and then at Peterson against Columbia on Sunday (2pm). Both matches are on ACC Network Extra.

Carolina
I feel like everything sets up for the Heels to start this one at 149: they would be clearly favored at four of the first five weights possibly jumping to a big lead, and we'd conclude with four competitive matches and the main event at 141.

I see four matches favoring the Heels (49/57/74/84), three favoring the Panthers (33/65/97) with three tossups. I've got Pitt in all three tossups for a 19-15 win.

Columbia
Big matches at 125, 141, 165. Curry really needs this one after faltering in his first matchup with Latona. Would add a second quality win to his resume (although the Noto win keeps looking better, he is 23-1).

As I’m looking at matchups, it will be hard for us to win. I think we are better but we just don’t matchup with them well in a dual meet

Anyone know what they called there to end the match at 125?

Phillipi smh. Just doesn't seem to be getting any better. He seems to have hit his ceiling and can't break through unfortunately.

Phillipi is either getting burnt out from wrestling 7 collegiate years or weight cut is getting to him, hasn’t looked his usual self really all year.

Phillipi smh. Just doesn't seem to be getting any better. He seems to have hit his ceiling and can't break through unfortunately.
Probably lost the match with his loss. I thought we needed him and Matthews to win for us to win.

• Sad
Reactions: Chaos
How is that not locked hands or a takedown. Man can’t get a single call this year it feels like
No idea. And he lost a match when his opponent didn’t take a real shot the entire bout which is unacceptable at 133

Kind of looked like they threw that brick to get a stoppage. Matthews was in a good spot and had another 15 seconds at least on the ride.

Wouldn’t have mattered but O’Connor should have been called for staling when he forced Cleary out of bounds

these 2 refs are bad.

Reactions: Chaos and Gregpitt
Harvey should have stayed at the lower weight

The refs really ruined a great dual. Not sure if would have changed the team score completely but so many bad calls even that takedown review on Ninos shot. He was out of bounds by at least a foot for what felt like 2 seconds before he got awarded two. Cole looked great, Cleary was right there and Kernan looked much better. PSU’s Gardner still not in the lineup why again is he not at Pitt to be the 149 the team desperately needs!?! Either way great match overall just stinks that terrible calls overshadowed a great night of matches. Calling it now Harvey wins that match at ACCs

Reactions: bwh05
It is not that he is not getting better. He seems to be regressing compared to his first 2 years at Pitt. He was ranked in top 5 nationally 2-3 years ago.

Harvey always use to keep every match close no matter who he wrestled, this year he’s been majored 3-4 times at least.

Turning to next year, 184 is going to be a big whole(Lledo isn’t going to cut it) and 157(hopefully badgett is getting better). Wondering what the plan is for 184

PSU’s Gardner still not in the lineup why again is he not at Pitt to be the 149 the team desperately needs!?!
Whoever we trot out at 149 is finishing last in the conference this year, so who cares if it's Mancini or Gardner? I don't see the situation at 149 as anything close to "desperate" seeing as how we know who we expect to be the starter there for the next four seasons...

Turning to next year, 184 is going to be a big whole(Lledo isn’t going to cut it) and 157(hopefully badgett is getting better). Wondering what the plan is for 184

There is a whole lot of wrestling that will happen between this season and next. The guy who "isn't going to cut it" has as many top 20 wins this year as Phillippi and Wentzel combined

Last night it seemed as though we lost some matches, were "majored" in one in the final seconds or won some without going for more points.

Is this due to poor conditioning or lack of match awareness. It was very frustrating to see us lose on basically 15-20 of total match time (so it seemed).

I just saw dom dramas from Oklahoma just hot the transfer portal, wonder if he’d want to come to Pitt for 149? Any thoughts

Reactions: persp
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT