ADVERTISEMENT

UNC Game In Chapel Hill & Other Dribbles ...

The funny thing about the twins is they can barely stand up through contact. They’re like a stack of jenga blocks falling over if they get breathed on. It’s hilarious.
Several times I thought that spend more time on the floor than any other player I have ever seen. Which is kind of funny for guys that tall.

I think they aren't afraid of physical play, they just don't have the goods to back it up.

Coming away victorious in two totally different games within eight days of each other is a mark of the well prepared team and a well coached team.
Don’t you just love it that the guy who was 10-43 from three in his previous 9 games was 5-6 today? Those are the kind of results teams get when they have a coach who believes in them through their tough times and their mistakes so much so that they never lose a belief in themselves.
So happy to see Coach Capel getting the credit he deserves.

Great thoughts as always

I do have a question for the board - the 4th foul on Nelly , the offensive one -
I can’t say I have seen an offensive foul called on a player pulling up in the lane and getting hit from behind before .
Any explanation ?
PittPharm - I made a New Year's resolution to not question calls made by NCAA basketball referees, but that call almost made me break my resolution ... the call must've been ligit ... in fact, I think it's in the rule book under Section Z, Article 4, Paragraph 6: "When, in the course of a close game, you see that Pitt has an advantage in the score or possible outcome of game, feel free to call a foul on them"

• Love
Reactions: PittPharm2002
Huh? Fede is much better than them and the one almost cost them the game last night. Theyre simply not ready to play at this level. If they play any extended time we’re in trouble.

None of that is untrue or a shot. My god this is a message board to discuss the team, good bad or indifferent. Stop being so soft and thinking everything is a shot if you don’t think someone is Kareem yet
They are contributing a whole lot more than I expected. They aren't Terrell Brown or some of those Stallings bigs. Or the last few bigs Jamie brought in. These kids can play, they just need a year diet and weight training along with playing guys at this level. This actually applioes to Fede also. They are going to be a force and honestly, I now don't care if Hugley comes back.

They are contributing a whole lot more than I expected. They aren't Terrell Brown or some of those Stallings bigs. Or the last few bigs Jamie brought in. These kids can play, they just need a year diet and weight training along with playing guys at this level. This actually applioes to Fede also. They are going to be a force and honestly, I now don't care if Hugley comes back.
Let’s be honest - they aren’t going to turn into Stephen Adams physically -
But yeah but improving their strength over the off season will help them substantially

I won’t say to many bad things about the twins other than we need Fede on the court more than them. The twins aren’t physically ready yet but they more than put in the effort when they’re on the court. In years to come, hopefully they’ll mature physically and become key contributors.

The thing that cracks me up about the twins though is their reaction when getting called for a foul. All the Pitt players as well as most on other teams give it the ole arms extended ‘what, me, I didn’t touch him’ reaction. But the twins put both hands up to cover their mouth, then the bewildered OMG. And then you see the reply and wonder how they can react like they did nothing wrong.

Again, most players do the same thing, I just find the twins reaction a little more hilarious.
Did you not watch Nelly on each of his fouls? Same reaction.

Reactions: PittPharm2002
I remarked before this 3 game stretch about how unique this team was because they just find ways to win basketball games. They muck it up, they finesse their way, they defend their way, they make 18 3’s their way, grind an offense in the post with a guard to a win.

Because of the multitude of ways this team can adapt to a game, I’m prefacing this again barring injury or a bad whistle because knock on wood, they have the ability to go deeper in the tournament than every team we’ve had since 2011. Of course that could mean they miss half of those 18 made 3’s and lose the game, but the multiple ways to win gives them a unique ability we haven’t seen from a Panthers team while I’ve been alive to advance. We’ll see how that plays out in a single elimination largely luck tomorrow, thank god.
Yeah it’s really been amazing that they pulled out some of these games where it really seemed somewhat hopeless at times.

I keep thinking that even in these wins we’ve had one or two of our big six play pretty bad to awful. It would be awesome to see what this team could do if everybody was firing on all cylinders.

Let’s be honest - they aren’t going to turn into Stephen Adams physically -
But yeah but improving their strength over the off season will help them substantially
Yes, I think they need to grow bigger butts. Some core work would improve their foundation and keep them for getting toppled over so easily.

Did you not watch Nelly on each of his fouls? Same reaction.
I guess you didn’t bother to really read my post. Nellie did exactly what I said most Pitt and other team’s players do, he extended his arms out and gave the ‘what, no way I fouled him’ look and expression to the refs. I was commenting on the twins different reaction whic they almost always do, covering their mouth with both hands and then mouthing the OMG unbelievable expression.

As of 8 minutes ago, Lunardi still has Pitt as an 11 seed and last four in. This convinces me he's not even watching the games to do his bracketology. Based on performance to this point in the season, and especially in the past 5 or 6 games, Pitt should be at 6 or 7 seed, not 11. He lumps us with the nitters, which is an insult.

So who cares what Lunardi says? He's usually wrong.

Reactions: CaptainMurphy
I guess you didn’t bother to really read my post. Nellie did exactly what I said most Pitt and other team’s players do, he extended his arms out and gave the ‘what, no way I fouled him’ look and expression to the refs. I was commenting on the twins different reaction whic they almost always do, covering their mouth with both hands and then mouthing the OMG unbelievable expression.
That is what Nelly did the last foul or next to last foul. He covered his mouth like oh my god…me?

As of 8 minutes ago, Lunardi still has Pitt as an 11 seed and last four in. This convinces me he's not even watching the games to do his bracketology. Based on performance to this point in the season, and especially in the past 5 or 6 games, Pitt should be at 6 or 7 seed, not 11. He lumps us with the nitters, which is an insult.

So who cares what Lunardi says? He's usually wrong.

What a dope.

Is it really that hard to notice the date of that bracket, right there at the top? You know, the one that says "Updated: 1/31/2023 at 09:00 a.m. ET"?

He updates the bracket on the web site twice a week, on Tuesday morning and on Friday morning. Since it is not yet Friday morning, you are looking at his bracket from Tuesday. If you want his daily updates you need to pay attention to his twitter.

Is it really that hard to notice the date of that bracket, right there at the top? You know, the one that says "Updated: 1/31/2023 at 09:00 a.m. ET"?

He updates the bracket on the web site twice a week, on Tuesday morning and on Friday morning. Since it is not yet Friday morning, you are looking at his bracket from Tuesday. If you want his daily updates you need to pay attention to his twitter.
Attention detail wanes in the twilight years for some

ADVERTISEMENT