ADVERTISEMENT

Underwhelmed by our commits

Yet he regarded by many as a top coach

"Many" being who, a minority percentage of Pitt fans that post on this board?

If you were to say he was regarded by many as a top defensive coordinator, you'd be accurate. But he's on nobody's list of top college football head coaches.
I guess you missed my follow-up post. Maybe you should read it before you prove yourself to be so idiotic.

The same as the ACC for the most part. Lets face it this is how the 2 conferences looked like over the past 10 years

ACC Big Ten
The class of the conference

Clemson Ohio St
Michigan

Better than the rest not as good as the top dogs

Florida St Penn St
ND but we know their agreement

Average

Pitt Wisky
North Carolinia Iowa
Miami Mich St

Suck Feast

Everyone else

I know fans are going to say FSU is better than PSU. The highs were certainly higher, but their lows were very bad. PSU while never reaching the playoffs, never fell off to trash either.
Funny that have a conference champ as average and a team that has never won their conference ranked above them.

Silly? You can't be serious.
Dead serious.

In 2006:
The B12 had 12 schools and had only 2 ranked.
The B10 had 11 schools and had 4 ranked.
The Pac10 had 11 schools and had 3 ranked.
The SEC had 12 schools and had 6 ranked.

Since you're a math wiz, tell me the correlation between conference size and numbers of ranked teams.

I guess you missed my follow-up post. Maybe you should read it before you prove yourself to be so idiotic.
The one where you identified the "many" that "regard" Narduzzi as a "top coach"?

I guess I did miss that.

Dead serious.

In 2006:
The B12 had 12 schools and had only 2 ranked.
The B10 had 11 schools and had 4 ranked.
The Pac10 had 11 schools and had 3 ranked.
The SEC had 12 schools and had 6 ranked.

Since you're a math wiz, tell me the correlation between conference size and numbers of ranked teams.
It doesn't take a math wiz to conclude an eight-team conference performing the same or better than the bigger conference rankings doesn't make it widely inferior.

Last edited:
Reactions: steelcurtain55.
LOL.

In 2006, the conference played 5 games OOC against ranked teams. They went 2-3 with Louisville getting the only wins. Louisville was certainly good but conference as whole was not, despite these silly rankings.
These aren't "rankings." These are computer generated standings based upon SOS. Do you understand how SOS is generated?
My math was perfect.
Okay Terrance Howard..

Pitt's ACC schedule is far and away harder than their Big East schedule.
PITT's SOS since being in the ACC

2023 - #54
2022 - #62
2021 - #57
2020 - #28
2019 - #61
2018 - #2
2017 - #21
2016 - #30
2015 - #28
2014 - #62
2013 - #35

Avg - 40 SOS

Big East
2012 - #61
2011 - #55
2010 - #36
2009 - #57
2008 - #25
2007 - #44
2006 - #58
2005 - #62

Average - 49.75 SOS

Far and away?

Pitt's schedules are starting to look more and more like Big East schedules since 2018.

In terms of ACC rankings - this is where the ACC ranked -

2023 - 5th
2022 - 4th
2021 - 4th
2020 - 6th
2019 - 7th
2018 - 4th
2017 - 3rd
2016 - 1st
2015 - 5th
2014 - 5th
2013 - 4th

Big East
2012 - 5th
2011 - 4th
2010 - 8th
2009 - 2nd
2008 - 4th
2007 - 5th
2006 - 1st
2005 - 6th

Seems to be about the same...

Source - https://www.colleyrankings.com/prev.html

Reactions: cashisking884
The one where you identified the "many" that "regard" Narduzzi as a "top coach"?

I guess I did miss that.
I chose 1 and said I could find more.

Why don't you show me some credible rankings where he is shows poorly rather than disparage proof of my claim.

Your bias is showing ... again.

It doesn't take a math wiz to conclude an eight-team conference performing the same or better than the bigger conference rankings doesn't make it widely inferior.
I guess you couldn't find the correlation. No surprise there.

Yeah I do. I don't like them any more than I like the computer generated results for the basketball tournament.

If my math was wrong, it should be easy to prove. Yet you didn't. Hmmm.
I really don't think you understand how data scientists like Saragin, Massey, Billingsley, etc. work..

You're basically saying "my subjective eye is superior to what the data says."

The fact that you can't decipher the difference between an 8 team conference vs a 12 team one tells me you shouldn't be deep diving into mathematics.

I really don't think you understand how data scientists like Saragin, Massey, Billingsley, etc. work..

You're basically saying "my subjective eye is superior to what the data says."

The fact that you can't decipher the difference between an 8 team conference vs a 12 team one tells me you shouldn't be deep diving into mathematics.
You still haven't been able to show anything except your opinion.

Did you agree with the computer system rankings in BB?

You still haven't been able to show anything except your opinion.

Did you agree with the computer system rankings in BB?
I don't follow basketball.

I do agree with SOS in virtually every other sport though.

There was no opinion. I literally showed multiple data points that completely refute your subjective pov.

Why don't you show me some credible rankings where he is shows poorly rather than disparage proof of my claim.

Your bias is showing ... again.

Repost it then please. I don't see that anywhere in the thread.

What's your definition of a "top coach"? Top 5? 10? 20? 30? 50?

I don't follow basketball.

I do agree with SOS in virtually every other sport though.

There was no opinion. I literally showed multiple data points that completely refute your subjective pov.
How convenient.

You showed one source that supports your opinion. I showed several other metrics that prove you wrong.

I don't agree with much of SOS algorithms. They include biases.

Repost it then please. I don't see that anywhere in the thread.

What's your definition of a "top coach"? Top 5? 10? 20? 30? 50?
You're right. The post is gone. The post to which I replied must have been deleted.

It showed a Sporting News ranking of all D1 coaches that had Narduzzi at #17 after being #28 the prior year.

Football coaches ranked

I consider anyone in the top 30 a top coach. Certainly, anyone at #17 in the top 20 is a top coach.

• Haha
Reactions: WCC946
You're right. The post is gone. The post to which I replied must have been deleted.

It showed a Sporting News ranking of all D1 coaches that had Narduzzi at #17 after being #28 the prior year.

Football coaches ranked

I consider anyone in the top 30 a top coach. Certainly, anyone at #17 in the top 20 is a top coach.

Okay, and that's from 2023. Using that same site, he's now at #28:

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nca...es-1-134-2024-season/6788d882a514f630285538c3

And that's even after guys like Harbaugh, Saban, etc. are no longer coaching.

But let's be realistic: it's impossible to rank 134 coaches in a way that is anything close to accurate. I just talked to a former player the other day who sounded like he would have had Narduzzi closer to 100 and said he was more of a defensive coordinator than a head coach. In both cases, it's simply an opinion. In my opinion, they should be evaluated by where they have the program vs what its baseline is. To me, Narduzzi inherited a 7-5 program and maintained that standard. He's been okay... decent... pretty good... acceptable... whatever terms you want to use to indicate the fact that he hasn't been bad or been all that great. Have you seen any big fish come sniffing for him in the last 9.5 years? I have not. There were some MSU rumors, but they were basically at rock bottom at the time.

Football coaches ranked

Anyone capable of hiring Cignetti and overseeing that fiasco last year is somewhere around 50…….the total lack of judgment and abdication of responsibility for a personnel decision of the utmost importance is beyond mind boggling…..his lack of knowledge of offensive FB is incredible. A guy around as long as him should have picked up more about offense by osmosis.

Anyone capable of hiring Cignetti and overseeing that fiasco last year is somewhere around 50…….the total lack of judgment and abdication of responsibility for a personnel decision of the utmost importance is beyond mind boggling…..his lack of knowledge of offensive FB is incredible. A guy around as long as him should have picked up more about offense by osmosis.
LOL

Okay, and that's from 2023. Using that same site, he's now at #28:

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nca...es-1-134-2024-season/6788d882a514f630285538c3

And that's even after guys like Harbaugh, Saban, etc. are no longer coaching.

But let's be realistic: it's impossible to rank 134 coaches in a way that is anything close to accurate. I just talked to a former player the other day who sounded like he would have had Narduzzi closer to 100 and said he was more of a defensive coordinator than a head coach. In both cases, it's simply an opinion. In my opinion, they should be evaluated by where they have the program vs what its baseline is. To me, Narduzzi inherited a 7-5 program and maintained that standard. He's been okay... decent... pretty good... acceptable... whatever terms you want to use to indicate the fact that he hasn't been bad or been all that great. Have you seen any big fish come sniffing for him in the last 9.5 years? I have not. There were some MSU rumors, but they were basically at rock bottom at the time.
There is no question that rankings like this are subjective. My point was that others with an outsider perspective rank Narduzzi higher than many of Pitt's fans who love to wallow in negativity.

We have no idea if anyone pursued Narduzzi. Those rumors are generally floated by an agent. Narduzzi has no agent and seems to have little interest in leaving anyhow.

LOL. You're a funny guy who I just can't help laughing at.

When a Poster can’t refute facts, he resorts to personal attacks…that’s you in this instance. You couldn’t endure the heat in the kitchen and cracked like an egg.

When a Poster can’t refute facts, he resorts to personal attacks…that’s you in this instance. You couldn’t endure the heat in the kitchen and cracked like an egg.
There were no facts in your post. It was all opinion.

LOL

There were no facts in your post. It was all opinion.

LOL
3-9 season last year owing to a head coach who hired an incompetent OC, gave him complete free rein to make all personnel decisions on offense, permitted the OC both to recruit and allow and incompetent player to start at QB for 5 games thereby cratering an entire season….those are Facts. 2 losing seasons out of 9, , one .500 season, 7 out of nine seasons with a minimum of 5 losses….more facts. Your opinion on Narduzzi holds no water! None…just accept the fact you’re wrong.

3-9 season last year owing to a head coach who hired an incompetent OC, gave him complete free rein to make all personnel decisions on offense, permitted the OC both to recruit and allow and incompetent player to start at QB for 5 games thereby cratering an entire season….those are Facts. 2 losing seasons out of 9, , one .500 season, 7 out of nine seasons with a minimum of 5 losses….more facts. Your opinion on Narduzzi holds no water! None…just accept the fact you’re wrong.
The only fact in your points about last is the record. Otherwise, it is all opinion.

The overall record you cite is factual. Your conclusion is opinion.

LOL.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT