ADVERTISEMENT

Underwhelmed by our commits

You do realize that Narduzzi won the ACC and Wanny couldn't beat Uconn.

I love the hypothetical era talk between teams.

Of some of the hypothetical matchups, it's my opinion that:

Romeus and Sheard were better then any Duzz DE's. If Romeus doesn't hurt his back, he would've had a similar NFL career as Sheard did.

Wanny landed Donald, and had a lot of really good DT's, but I think Duzz's DT's as a whole have been better but it might be a push.
My point is Wanny D-line vs Pat's O-line favors Wanny way way more than Pat's D-line vs Wanny's O-line.

Even if we give Pat the nod for having a better d-line, Wanny's o-line would have a solid performance against Pat's d-line because he had good o-lineman. Pat had a good o-lineman here and there, but most were soild at best. Wanny's d-line would go through Pat's o-line with way less resistance than vice a versa.

Reactions: steelcurtain55.
Wanny was the better recruiter, because recruiting involves winning battles against big-time school who want said player. It's not that Narduzzi doesn't try to land those players; he just doesn't succeed.

Now, if you want to say that Narduzzi is the better developer of talent, the better coach, etc., then sure - I can get behind that.

Both also had a few advantages and disadvantages, so it's not apples to apples. Narduzzi is recruiting to a better conference and has a bigger budget. He's also had a lot more recruiting classes. Wannstedt didn't have to deal with Notre Dame, Penn State, Michigan, etc. all being "up." Hudl, NIL... just a lot of differences.

Believe what you want to believe. I personally believe Wanny brought in way more talent in his 6 years than Duzz did in his 9 going on 10 years.
Without a doubt. I mean, it's not even close. Wanny had multiple top-25 classes. Some of them I think were close to top 10. And his bad classes were top-50.

Narduzzi's best classes are about top-40 and his worst classes are top-70. It's totally different from a floor and ceiling perspective.

In Narduzzi's defense, WPA was a way better place to recruit in 2005 versus 2025. And it's not like Wanny ever did anything with all of that talent (and let's be real, relative to the Big East, he had a significant talent advantage over most teams that he played against).

Narduzzi is a better coach, though. He actually won the conference, he's been one of the best teams in the conference most years, had more big game wins - both ranked and unranked but when it mattered for conference play, and I just think his teams are schematically more difficult to beat. I fully admit that he's not perfect but realistically he's probably the best that Pitt can do (for now). IMO we should be patient with him.

Without a doubt. I mean, it's not even close. Wanny had multiple top-25 classes. Some of them I think were close to top 10. And his bad classes were top-50.

Narduzzi's best classes are about top-40 and his worst classes are top-70. It's totally different from a floor and ceiling perspective.

In Narduzzi's defense, WPA was a way better place to recruit in 2005 versus 2025. And it's not like Wanny ever did anything with all of that talent (and let's be real, relative to the Big East, he had a significant talent advantage over most teams that he played against).

Narduzzi is a better coach, though. He actually won the conference, he's been one of the best teams in the conference most years, had more big game wins - both ranked and unranked but when it mattered for conference play, and I just think his teams are schematically more difficult to beat. I fully admit that he's not perfect but realistically he's probably the best that Pitt can do (for now). IMO we should be patient with him.
Rather than rely on the subjectivity of rating services that everyone acknowledges were overstating Pitt's recruiting in the Wannstadt years, can we agree that the NFL is a better judge of talent?

Narduzzi has had 30 recruits in the NFL. Wannstadt had 21 recruits in the NFL. Seems clear who recruited better talent. If you want argue that Narduzzi has more years, that would be a argument. Both numbers are for 6 years of recruiting.

Rather than rely on the subjectivity of rating services that everyone acknowledges were overstating Pitt's recruiting in the Wannstadt years, can we agree that the NFL is a better judge of talent?

Narduzzi has had 30 recruits in the NFL. Wannstadt had 21 recruits in the NFL. Seems clear who recruited better talent. If you want argue that Narduzzi has more years, that would be a argument. Both numbers are for 6 years of recruiting.
No you cannot use the NFL. I can list tons of star college players who didn't sniff the NFL. Charlie Ward was a Hiesman winner and didn't get drafted. Boz and Teabow are 2 legendary college players who were pedestrian in the NFL.

To make it more relatable to us Pitt fans. Flacco clearly was a better NFL prospect, but Palko was a better college QB. Despite both college and pro being football, the styles and skill set are different.

Reactions: Las Panteras
No you cannot use the NFL. I can list tons of star college players who didn't sniff the NFL. Charlie Ward was a Hiesman winner and didn't get drafted. Boz and Teabow are 2 legendary college players who were pedestrian in the NFL.

To make it more relatable to us Pitt fans. Flacco clearly was a better NFL prospect, but Palko was a better college QB. Despite both college and pro being football, the styles and skill set are different.
So the NFL can't judge talent?

Got it.

So the NFL can't judge talent?

Got it.
I did not say that. But Blake Bortells being pick 3 and Jamarcus Russell being the top pick suggest they struggle judging talent also.

I really hope you are just being difficult because my argument is clear. Some people are better suited for college and others are better suited for the pro's.

I did not say that. But Blake Bortells being pick 3 and Jamarcus Russell being the top pick suggest they struggle judging talent also.

I really hope you are just being difficult because my argument is clear. Some people are better suited for college and others are better suited for the pro's.
Ah, there's the rub. You're disappointed with Pitt's recruiting this year but you seem not recognize that they are recruiting for a new offensive system that may not require 4-5 star talent. It may require speed and getting open in space. These recruits have that in spades.

You want to have it both ways and it is nonsense.

• Haha
Reactions: WCC946
. It may require speed and getting open in space. These recruits have that in spades.

they want to get the receivers open in space? What are you going to tell me next.? That Pitt also wants to score more points than there opponents?

Reactions: cashisking884
they want to get the receivers open in space? What are you going to tell me next.? That Pitt also wants to score more points than there opponents?
Somebody doesn't understand the new offense ... and it isn't me.

That's obviously why you don't like the recruiting.

This Wanny vs Duzz convo is amusing. Everyone shat all over Wanny when he was here. Same for Duzz.

What the debate shows is that Pitt never should have gotten rid of Wanny and they’d be idiots if they got rid of Duzz. Neither one is a great coach but then again they were/are coaching at Pitt where the deck is a bit stacked against any coach. Both are about as good as Pitt could ever be expect to get. Yet some have this fantasy that the next Nick Saban or urban Myer is going to show up.

I don’t know how the new OC is going to work out but at a minimum it’s a sign that Duzz recognizes that he had to change which I think is a positive

The early years of DW, the BE was a good conference. WVU, Rutgers, Louisville, USF, UCONN were all top 25 teams.

One of those schools has had basically two good seasons at the highest levels of football in the history of the program, and just coincidentally they happened to be two years in that "good" conference.

Pure coincidence though, I am sure.

The fact that UConn won a Big East championship isn't proof that the conference was good, it's evidence of how bad it sucked.

Ah, there's the rub. You're disappointed with Pitt's recruiting this year but you seem not recognize that they are recruiting for a new offensive system that may not require 4-5 star talent. It may require speed and getting open in space. These recruits have that in spades.

This class sucks hands down. It is nothing but MAC level recruits and you need four and five stars to win. Saying you don’t is just foolish and flat out wrong.

• Haha
Reactions: FireballZ
The year that UConn won the Big East Championship, here is what they did against non-conference opponents:

They lost to Michigan by 20. That was a Michigan team that went 7-6 overall and tied for 6th in the Big Ten.
They beat FCS Texas Southern.
They lost to a Temple team that finished third in their division of the AAC by 14.
They beat a Buffalo team that went 1-7 in the MAC that season.
They beat a Vanderbilt team that went 1-7 in the SEC that season.
And then in their bowl game they played a ranked team for the first time all season in Oklahoma, and they lost by 28.

And the reason that UConn finished in a tie for the championship instead of winning it outright is because they lost to Rutgers, in what was Rutgers one and only conference win all season.

They were a below average football team, and yet still good enough to win the powerful Big East.

Not one to be truly excited about.

Competing offers for the most part a bunch of nobody schools.

Only reinforces my prediction this will be Narduzzis last year.

No excitement whatsoever. The new world of CFB sucks
Las Panteras: You need to be deported.....😳

More times than not 4 star players succeed, no doubt. But for some reason Pitt has not been able to get 4 star recruits that play up to their star value.

Here is a wise quote that also can be applied to recruiting:

"...most of these Harvard MBA types don't add up to dogshit. Give me guys that are poor, smart, hungry, and no feelings." Gordon Gekko

Yes, 4 star recruits (Harvard grads) are great. But a lot of them don't do the extra things that make them great on the field. Pitt must find talented players willing to do what it takes to win. Some years you will hit it big, other years you won't.

If you are wanting a top 20 recruiting class every year, you got a long wait.

This class sucks hands down. It is nothing but MAC level recruits and you need four and five stars to win. Saying you don’t is just foolish and flat out wrong.
Here are the 4 Star players (from Rivals and other services) Narduzzi has brought in since he became HC 2016-2023 and their is also a list of non 4 Star players. Which team are you taking, Jack?! You suck....

George Hill - Medical casualty
Damar Hamiln - NFL
Keyshon Camp - part time starter
Amir Watts - Starter - All ACC Honorable Mention
Kaezon Pugh - Transferred
Chase Pine - part time starter
Ruben Flowers - Transferred
Paris Ford - All ACC First Team - Quit
A.J. Davis - Part time starter - Transferred
Todd Sibley - Back up - Transferred
Charles Reeves - Never played
Carter Warren - Starter - All ACC 2nd Team
Jerry Drake - Never played
Jaylen Twyman - Star - All ACC First Team
Mychale Salahuddin - Transferred
Brandon Hill - NFL
Davis Beville - Transferred
A.J. Woods - Starter
Brandon George - Starter
Matt Goncalves - NFL
Jahvante Royal - Transferred
Jordan Addison - NFL - All-American
Dayon Hayes - Starter- Transferred
Rashad Battle - Back up so far
Elliot Donald - Back up
Naquan Brown- Transferred
Nahki Johnson - Back up
Phillip O'Brien - Back up
Rodney Hammond - Star
Ryan Baer - Part time starter, star potential
Samuel Okunlola - starter, good player- Transferred
Ryland Gandy - Star potential
Jimmy Scott - Starter potential
Che Nwabuko - Never plays
Isaiah Neal - Back up
Jordan Bass - Part time starter, star potential

Non-4 star Recruits:

Rashad Weaver – NFL – All American
Patrick Jones – NFL – All American

Maurice Ffrench All ACC 3rd Team
Deslin Alexandre – All ACC Honorable Mention (2)
Bryce Hargrove – Starter - All ACC 3rd Team
Phil Campbell – All ACC Honorable Mention
Cameron Bright – Starter - Transferred
Kenny Pickett – NFL – All American
Owen Drexel – All ACC Honorable Mention
Jason Pinnock - NFL

Jake Kradel – All ACC 3rd Team
Marquis Williams - All ACC Honorable Mention
Habakkuk Baldonado – Starter
Erick Hallett– All ACC 2nd Team
David Green – Starter
Devin Danielson – Starter
Tyler Bentley – Starter
Wendell Davis – Starter
Blake Zubovic – Starter
Vincent Davis- Starter
Damarri Mathis – All ACC Honorable Mention
Calijah Kancey
– NFL – All American
Jason Collier – Back up
Bam Brima - Starter
Sirvocea Dennis – Starter – All ACC 1st Team
Jared Wayne – All ACC 2nd Team
Daniel Carter – Back up
Israel Abanikanda – NFLAll ACC 1st Team
Solomon DeShields - Starter
Bangally Kamara – Starter - Transferred
Branson Taylor - Starter
Ben Saul - Starter
Lucas Krull – All ACC 2nd Team
Nate Yarnell - Starter
Gavin Bartholomew – All ACC Honorable Mention
Javon McIntyre - Starter
Sean Fitzsimmons - Starter
Kyle Louis – Starter potential
Kenny Johnson – All ACC Honorable Mention
Shadarian Harrison – Starter potential
Zion Fowler – Starter potential
Cruce Brookins – Starter potential
B.J. Williams – Starter potential
Rasheem Biles – Starter potential
Braylan Lovelace – Starter potential

Here are the 4 Star players (from Rivals and other services) Narduzzi has brought in since he became HC 2016-2023 and their is also a list of non 4 Star players. Which team are you taking, Jack?! You suck....

Damar Hamiln - NFL
Brandon Hill - NFL
A.J. Woods - Starter
Brandon George - Starter
Matt Goncalves - NFL
Elliot Donald - Back up
Nahki Johnson - Back up
Rodney Hammond - Star
Isaiah Neal - Back up

Non-4 star Recruits:

Jason Pinnock - NFL

David Green – Starter
Tyler Bentley – Starter
Wendell Davis – Starter
Blake Zubovic – Starter
Vincent Davis- Starter
Calijah Kancey
– NFL – All American
Jason Collier – Back up
Bam Brima - Starter
Daniel Carter – Back up
Branson Taylor - Starter
Ben Saul - Starter
Nate Yarnell - Starter
Javon McIntyre - Starter
Yes that loaded 3-9 three star teams. Yes those 6-6, 7-5 teams. Recruit MAC level talent three stars and that's what you get. I'm sorry I don't suck Narduzzi's dong like some of you.

Yes that loaded 3-9 three star teams. Yes those 6-6, 7-5 teams. Recruit MAC level talent three stars and that's what you get. I'm sorry I don't suck Narduzzi's dong like some of you.
Translation: Obviously I would take the non 4 Star players on the list. But I can't admit it because I would look dumb. So I'll double down on my assessment by not answering the question.

Well done!

Reactions: NCPitt and Ski11585
Translation: Obviously I would take the non 4 Star players on the list. But I can't admit it because I would look dumb. So I'll double down on my assessment by not answering the question.

Well done!
Actually I wouldn't take those three stars. Those guys have proven to mediocre at best as shown over the past two seasons. 3-9 says a lot about those vaunted three stars you have listed. Go gobble Narduzzi's nob some more. You have your opinion and I have mine. Won't spend the weekend arguing or discussing 3-9 college kids. Go and cheer for the MAC level kids. Good for you. You deserve a "I am a Panther" badge

Actually I wouldn't take those three stars. Those guys have proven to mediocre at best as shown over the past two seasons. 3-9 says a lot about those vaunted three stars you have listed. Go gobble Narduzzi's nob some more. You have your opinion and I have mine. Won't spend the weekend arguing or discussing 3-9 college kids. Go and cheer for the MAC level kids. Good for you. You deserve a "I am a Panther" badge
If you’re that f&cjing unhappy, go root for another team and spare us your drivel…

So just to be clear… while we all agree the last season sucked, you said past two seasons.

So you felt a season that ended with 9 wins and a top 25 finish was disappointing and not good enough?

So just to be clear… while we all agree the last season sucked, you said past two seasons.

So you felt a season that ended with 9 wins and a top 25 finish was disappointing and not good enough?
Yes, I was hoping to build on the success of the ACC Championship. The uptick in recruiting and results did not match what should have been future success. You guys are right. These recruits are great and hopefully Alabama or Penn St. or the Georgia's of the world don't steal them. Go Narduzzi he's our man, if can't do it no one can!! Yeah Pat

Yes, I was hoping to build on the success of the ACC Championship. The uptick in recruiting and results did not match what should have been future success. You guys are right. These recruits are great and hopefully Alabama or Penn St. or the Georgia's of the world don't steal them. Go Narduzzi he's our man, if can't do it no one can!! Yeah Pat
Beat it douchebag troll

Pedo St has NEVER made the CFP so why not take your efforts there

Damar Hamiln - NFL
Brandon Hill - NFL
A.J. Woods - Starter
Brandon George - Starter
Matt Goncalves - NFL
Elliot Donald - Back up
Nahki Johnson - Back up
Rodney Hammond - Star
Isaiah Neal - Back up

Non-4 star Recruits:

Jason Pinnock - NFL

David Green – Starter
Tyler Bentley – Starter
Wendell Davis – Starter
Blake Zubovic – Starter
Vincent Davis- Starter
Calijah Kancey
– NFL – All American
Jason Collier – Back up
Bam Brima - Starter
Daniel Carter – Back up
Branson Taylor - Starter
Ben Saul - Starter
Nate Yarnell - Starter
Javon McIntyre - Starter
I understand your point and you made a fine presentation. The issue is I'm sure let's say : Wisconsin fan, Iowa Fan, Arizona fan, Miss St fan, etc, basically any school that gets way more 3* players for every than 4 or 5* players, the field of 3* will out produce on volume alone.

At schools like Pitt, that recruits tons of over (20) 3* players a class with less than (5) 4 & 5* players, I would always expect more 3* out performing their rank, than I would expect the 4 & 5* living up to the hype.

Now if we are talking about the top 15/20 blue blood that recruit 15-20 4&5* players and only 5-10 3* players, it is reverse. I would expect more 4&5* to live up to to their billing and very few 3* to out perform their ranking. Itis just a numbers again really.

Reactions: Jeffburgh
Would you take the 3 and 2 stars that won the ACC Championship game. Here were the starters for that game and their Rivals stars:

Kenny Pickett 3
Vincent Davis 3
Matt Goncalves 3
Gabe Houy 3
Owen Drexel 2
Marcus Minor 4
Carter Warren 3
Jared Wayne 3
Tre Tipton 3
Jordan Addison 3
Shocky Jacques-Louis 3

Tyler Bentley 3
Habakkuk Baldonado 3
John Morgan 3
Calijah Kancey 3
Phil Campbell 3
John Petrishen 3
SirVocea Dennis 2
Damarri Mathis 3
Brandon Hill 3
Marquis Williams 3
Erick Hallett 3

Would you take the 3 and 2 stars that won the ACC Championship game. Here were the starters for that game and their Rivals stars:

Kenny Pickett 3
Vincent Davis 3
Matt Goncalves 3
Gabe Houy 3
Owen Drexel 2
Marcus Minor 4
Carter Warren 3
Jared Wayne 3
Tre Tipton 3
Jordan Addison 3
Shocky Jacques-Louis 3

Tyler Bentley 3
Habakkuk Baldonado 3
John Morgan 3
Calijah Kancey 3
Phil Campbell 3
John Petrishen 3
SirVocea Dennis 2
Damarri Mathis 3
Brandon Hill 3
Marquis Williams 3
Erick Hallett 3
No.... One flash in the pan does not make them "next level" of football. You want my money to NIL and Panther Club, I EXPECT 4 stars. Not MAC level recruits. Paying this coach 5.8 million is a joke and he recruits MAC level kids in year nine... I do not like this type of recruiting and I have clearly stated time and time again I am not a fan of Narduzzi

No.... One flash in the pan does not make them "next level" of football. You want my money to NIL and Panther Club, I EXPECT 4 stars. Not MAC level recruits. Paying this coach 5.8 million is a joke and he recruits MAC level kids in year nine... I do not like this type of recruiting and I have clearly stated time and time again I am not a fan of Narduzzi
Let me remind you of something you said.

you need four and five stars to win. Saying you don’t is just foolish and flat out wrong.
Narduzzi, whom you dislike, won a league title 2 and 3 star players.

So who is the foolish and flat out wrong?

So these transfers don't qualify as special players to you - Bo Nix, Dillon Gabriel, Michael Penix, Caleb Williams, Quinn Ewers. And that's just QBs.
You forgot Addison, Fields, etc. These posters are acting real ignorant. They critize Pitt for not getting 4 and 5 star players, then talk crap about all the ones they do get, and say they were rated too high.

These people on here are a bunch of clowns.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT