ADVERTISEMENT

upset alert

benchwarmer04

Sophomore
Oct 30, 2004
miami hurricanes visit toledo rockets on 9/14. ya think the 'canes will have other things on their mind ?

I couldn’t be more down on their qb situation. For someone that roots for acc and coastal especially, I hope they have some really good QB who redshirted, ready to be the next qb for The U.

I couldn’t be more down on their qb situation. For someone that roots for acc and coastal especially, I hope they have some really good QB who redshirted, ready to be the next qb for The U.
Just curious, why in the world do you root for other ACC teams? Screw them all.

Reactions: 4Mark_Marty

They have enough talent around him to carry him to a bunch of wins. But I don't think they can carry him to the next level. At some point he has to meet them in the middle.

meh, not passionately of course, just like to see ACC teams do well cause Pitt's in ACC, that type of thing. Honestly, I've tried for years to feel a stronger affinity towards the ACC and im finally warming up to it.

I loved big east hoops dating back to mid 80's, rooted hard core for all big east hoops teams. Def not there yet with ACC football and honestly, I still kind of hate ACC hoops, it's going to be a long time when I watch a Duke or UNC hoops game and root for them, or Wake freakin forest hoops..

back to acc football, I don't think i'll ever really like Hokies but there is something cool about seeing an ACC team like Clemson win the national championship. Diving in deeper, it's good to see the coastal get a team in the rankings, we've been widely recognized as the weakest division in P5 for a few years now, it would be good to shed that label.

That's something the losers who suck in the SEC do to makes themselves feel better. Feel like that would make other ACC schools look stupid. I think the ACC is a top 3 power 5 conference but hope all of their asses lose if it makes Pitt get an advantage.

That's something the losers who suck in the SEC do to makes themselves feel better. Feel like that would make other ACC schools look stupid. I think the ACC is a top 3 power 5 conference but hope all of their asses lose if it makes Pitt get an advantage.
so you want every team in the ACC to lose all of their games? You think that would help pitt, if the ACC becomes a laughing stock?

honestly, i feel no sense of accomplishment if clemson or fsu win, just prefer them over the Bamas, Ohio states of the world. well you are allowed to root for and against who you want but im going to disagree with you on this, a strong conference helps pitt athletics out in the long run..

Reactions: caleco's
If an ACC team plays another school from another conference, why would you root for that other team? Screw them all...

My only exception is VA tech as I have never forgiven them for the treasonous crap they pulled in the old big east...but, hey at least that is a reason.

In the case of a Toledo or another school from a non power 5 I will usually root for the underdog because of the excitement of it. But why the hell would I root for another power 5 team over an ACC team even if it is just for silly bragging rights..?

If an ACC team plays another school from another conference, why would you root for that other team? Screw them all...

My only exception is VA tech as I have never forgiven them for the treasonous crap they pulled in the old big east...but, hey at least that is a reason.

In the case of a Toledo or another school from a non power 5 I will usually root for the underdog because of the excitement of it. But why the hell would I root for another power 5 team over an ACC team even if it is just for silly bragging rights..?
not sure we want to analyze his statement to in depth to be honest. I mean, I kind of get his point, people taking pride or bragging rights about their conference are kind of ridiculous but with that said, to flat out root for your whole conference to stink is beyond idiotic..

on the flip side, to kind of contradict myself, I truly do despise ACC hoops though. I know a strong ACC hoops conference helps pitt, I know that and I still actively, passionately root against most acc teams in mens basketball. I've gotten into so many heated debates on Big East hoops vs ACC hoops that I find it impossible to just flip sides, despite the big east hoops conference not even being close to what it once was..

not sure we want to analyze his statement to in depth to be honest. I mean, I kind of get his point, people taking pride or bragging rights about their conference are kind of ridiculous but with that said, to flat out root for your whole conference to stink is beyond idiotic..

on the flip side, to kind of contradict myself, I truly do despise ACC hoops though. I know a strong ACC hoops conference helps pitt, I know that and I still actively, passionately root against most acc teams in mens basketball. I've gotten into so many heated debates on Big East hoops vs ACC hoops that I find it impossible to just flip sides, despite the big east hoops conference not even being close to what it once was..
.but you did not answer the question.... If an ACC team plays another school from another conference, why would you root for that other team? Personally (and I did mention my VA tech hatred), I really could not see me rooting for a single big ten team against any acc team...sec?, nope. etc...

I agree with you on hoops though...Never gonna get over no Big East hoops. I also think a lot of times the personality of the coaches across the country sways my rooting interest...I mean how hard is it to root against Roy Williams?

.but you did not answer the question.... If an ACC team plays another school from another conference, why would you root for that other team? Personally (and I did mention my VA tech hatred), I really could not see me rooting for a single big ten team against any acc team...sec?, nope. etc...

I agree with you on hoops though...Never gonna get over no Big East hoops.
if an ACC bball team is playing a team from another conference, im not watching. sorry to deflect the question but I am switching it to the Threes Company marathon or watching a mash episode.

In football, im with you, im always rooting for an ACC team over another P5 team, every single time, even the Hokies. I like the ACC being a strong football conference. Maybe this guy thinks if they all suck, it's an easier win for pitt? I don't know, I cant try and figure out what he's talking about.

so you want every team in the ACC to lose all of their games? You think that would help pitt, if the ACC becomes a laughing stock?

honestly, i feel no sense of accomplishment if clemson or fsu win, just prefer them over the Bamas, Ohio states of the world. well you are allowed to root for and against who you want but im going to disagree with you on this, a strong conference helps pitt athletics out in the long run..

He's a troll.

Reactions: FireballZ
It isn't like Pitt has a deep seeded rivalry with other ACC schools, so it is fairly easy to root for the other conference members. If WVU or PSU was in the ACC you probably wouldn't be rooting for them OOC. Cuse is the closest rivalry but when was the last time that game had any meaning on a national level?

Pitt plays Miami so I do root for them to do well. It makes the game more interesting and a win more enjoyable.

Toledo has beaten Michigan, Penn St, and Pitt in the past 10-15 years....not like they are a cupcake.....

Its personal preference so sorry if it seemed like i was jumping on you there. Just my opinion, I think it was said earlier, i always want the underdog to win, no matter who the team is playing.

Its personal preference so sorry if it seemed like i was jumping on you there. Just my opinion, I think it was said earlier, i always want the underdog to win, no matter who the team is playing.
no man, no apologies, we all can root for whoever. I think there is a point there, that when our team fails we still hold some fake pride in our conference being better than yours and that's silly. like me telling an iowa fan or an ok state fan that the ACC is better than the big 10 or big 12 cause Clemson won despite the fact that their team beat ours. it's silly from that standpoint.

it probably comes down to me as the better the ACC is, more people will respect it, watch it on TV and that will trickle down (in theory) to pitt getting some TV slots and maybe a few more dollars on the tv deal.

Reactions: PittFanDan17
if an ACC bball team is playing a team from another conference, im not watching. sorry to deflect the question but I am switching it to the Threes Company marathon or watching a mash episode.

In football, im with you, im always rooting for an ACC team over another P5 team, every single time, even the Hokies. I like the ACC being a strong football conference. Maybe this guy thinks if they all suck, it's an easier win for pitt? I don't know, I cant try and figure out what he's talking about.

Three's Company rocks!

Give me a break, I saw you sticking up for your big 10 teams too. You guys don’t to. Pitt first, the ACC second, then all else.

Reactions: cashisking884
Depends on the season. When the Ropers left and they were on their third blonde, the show kind of sucked.
Cindy Snow was terrible, definitely jumped the shark with her. I always thought they never had enough Larry, dude was a great character.

All these 70's/80's sitcoms all held on a season or two too long. Like Laverne and Shirley going to California, or any of the sitcoms from that era that introduced a new kid character, a sure sign of a failing show.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT