ADVERTISEMENT

Urban Knew

his wife declined to file charges. ...guy hired.

Smith’s wife filed a domestic violence protection order..guy fired.

not sure where you are going here..

Same pattern of behavior (with same victim, no less).

Actually, the standard PantherLair response would be something like "Mike Haywood not pleased".

BTW, weren't there DV allegations about Larry Johnson as well from his time at State Penn?

Same pattern of behavior (with same victim, no less).

Actually, the standard PantherLair response would be something like "Mike Haywood not pleased".

BTW, weren't there DV allegations about Larry Johnson as well from his time at State Penn?
once again...
Smith’s wife filed a domestic violence protection order..guy fired.

gotta have of at least two occurrences for a pattern...we start firing (not hiring a different story) guys for initial allegations sans charges or protection orders we open a big can of worms..

I have no idea about Larry Johnson...

In the vein of "saying something nice, or nothing at all", I'll say at least Meyer is honest in this quote.

"The key phrase from the above exchange comes in the middle. When asked about Smith’s 2009 felony arrest at Florida (the charges were later dropped), Meyer said, “It was a young couple, and I saw a very talented coach, and we moved forward.”

https://collegefootballtalk.nbcspor...with-revelation-of-domestic-violence-arrests/

Reactions: Jpripper88
Making Urban out to be some kind of bad guy for this particular situation.

Or maybe that wasn't the intent, in which case the post was pointless.

Oh. My apologies. He's a hero. Build the monument in Columbus. I might even make a contribution to the construction fund.

Reactions: Shendojoe
Oh. My apologies. He's a hero. Build the monument in Columbus. I might even make a contribution to the construction fund.
His wide receivers coach is an accused domestic abuser. Urban apparently knew this and kept him on until last week when a new allegation surfaced. What a scumbag. Fire Urban and give OSU football the death penalty.

His wide receivers coach is an accused domestic abuser. Urban apparently knew this and kept him on until last week when a new allegation surfaced. What a scumbag. Fire Urban and give OSU football the death penalty.
What he did was immoral but not against the rules by any means, calling for the death penalty is beyond stupid. It's never going to be given again let alone to a program that profits millions.

I know this was an attempt at sarcasm, but, yes Urban Meyer should be fired and yes there should be Title IX violations brought against him, his wife, and several other OSU employees. Those should lead to NCAA penalties for Ohio State.

I know this was an attempt at sarcasm, but, yes Urban Meyer should be fired and yes there should be Title IX violations brought against him, his wife, and several other OSU employees. Those should lead to NCAA penalties for Ohio State.

He is obviously a great coach but this guy is one of the biggest scum bags in college sports. He will do absolutely anything to win. Absolutely anything.

ba8novvccaaoov0.jpg

Reactions: Jpripper88
This opens the door for the peds. I think O$U plays at the peds this year. Do they use the narrative "Urban knew"?

This opens the door for the peds. I think O$U plays at the peds this year. Do they use the narrative "Urban knew"?
Of course! I decided I’d skim some of the threads over at that cesspool that is BWI... said I wouldn’t spend more than 2 minutes. That’s all I needed to see the crazies.

Yeah, as much as I want to see Urban get got, this really helps open the door for Penn State, which is much worse for Pitt.

Reactions: pbrad
May Urban go the way of JoePa
Probably, but he will be a scapegoat.
The real villian is the Athletic Department leaders. If Meyer fired the guy 3 years ago would that have helped? I think it would have allowed OSU to push the problem elsewhere.
OSU knew and should have immediately put the guy in counseling. Leaving his wife and kids without healthcare would probably resulted in him beating her more.
But OSU will look for a scapegoat and write a big check and emerge as big a male slut for the dollar as they were before....they will be able to afford a different well paid pimp.

I actually don't think "The Haymaker" should have been canned. Wasn't "The Haymaker" exonerated??

These things happen as long as it wasn't some agregious situation.

What's wrong with some of these people getting into this stuff in the first place.

It would never happen in our house because I was raised to respect women, but I would pity the guy who tried any of that with Mrs Buffett.

Alot of the old school women know how to handle things better than some of the younger ladies.

Plus Mrs Buffett has two Army Ranger brothers who still shoot at the 600 yard range at Picatinny Arsenal and they take her on occassion. Dropped at 600 yards???

Don't these women know " a guy." Everyone knows " a guy " who will "straighten things out" "fix stuff", etc.

You know like all of a sudden this abusive husband gets a flat tire on a dark road??

"it's five o'clock somewhere"
Signed: Mr Buffett
Go PITT & CSU Rams!

Meyer's denial of knowing about the 2015 incident is his undoing. When you cover up having had knowledge of something in the past, and it becomes clear that you knew, the assumption is that you know you were guilty of something.
If Meyer had said last month when asked that he knew about 2015 and now wishes he'd fired him them, he might have taken some criticism, but it would've been light, and he wouldn't be suspended.
These guys never learn. Don't cover up.

Urban Knew!
How about Urban DId work his players to hard! Players blew out various body parts in the weight room and in other training activities. Sounds crazy?
This is a new allegation in additon to Urban Knew??
I haven't checked this out but Mrs Buffett and I were riding our bicycles with a few guys and one mentioned this new allegation??
He's a Nitter and hates OSU but said it was the new news!

"it's five o'clock somewhere"
Signed: Mr Buffett
Go PITT & CSU Rams!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT