ADVERTISEMENT

US NEWS College and University Ratings 2021

Sure, it’s a peer survey and all polls have flaws. But it is the methodology every PT dean in the country pays attention to.

There are other, less popularly known methodologies such as:
https://www.healthgrad.com/physical-health/top-picks-for-the-best-dpt-programs-by-region/
https://www.niche.com/colleges/search/best-colleges-for-physical-therapy/
https://www.bestmedicaldegrees.com/cheapest-physical-therapy-doctorate-degrees/

Or just by straight NIH funding of research:

Too bad your opinion isn’t a ranking anywhere but in your own head. LOL, a degree in insecurity indeed.
The methodologies are flawed. For instance, TT is ranked behind WVU in initial rankings you cited and is ranked in cheapest rankings link you provided.

Also, WVU education is wayyyyyy more cost conscious than Pitt or Duke. It’s not even close. Pitt and Duke (and others) ARE to the level of WVU students in terms of clinical preparedness pertaining to manual therapy skills, clinical reasoning, etc. This is from 20 years of hiring experience. However, the former graduates routinely have burdensome education debt that isn’t typically problematic for a WVU grad.

Again, prudent financial decisions shouldn’t be excluded when considering a college/university. It’s quite important to begin one’s professional career without being unnecessarily positioned below peers...especially when entry-level salary differences are absent.

PITT developed a vaccine and cure for COVID. Maybe WVU could create a self burning couch. That would be really cool. Start up costs would be low as you will only need a few to start with over the next few years.
Lmaorof 🤣😂🤣🤣😫

Why you would come on a Pitt message board is strange. I guess you feel you have to
set us Pitt no nothings straight on college rankings. I'm familiar with both Pitt and WVU,
having had various personal and professional dealings with these institutions.

We all are more than aware that the selection process has it's flaws. I wrote the original
post in this thread. It was just an FYI to Pitt fans who post on here. I also gave the
PSU rankings because that's the institution we are most closely aligned....both Pitt
and PSU are in PA, we're both "state related" universities, and obviously there's a
competition among students, teams, and alumni.

I'm glad you're a success in life. Unfortunately the bottom line here is
the ranking. WVU is what it is, as is Pitt and every other university covered in
this ranking. If you want agreement with your analysis, I'd suggest you take
your argument to the WVU message board. You'll obviously get many posters
who think as you do about these rankings. Crazy Paco described you pretty well IMO.
Only offering a rebuttal to the numerous posts regarding the rankings of WVU. By no means, do I blame Pitt fan for doing this. WVU overachieves in sports. Pitt underachieves. You SHOULD ALWAYS be more competitive in the 2 big sports because of recruiting advantage. In fact, it’s typically the opposite. Therefore, you pursue the academic angle. However, I also think it’s very fair to point out that cost of education is routinely ignored AND the difference in entry-level salary is absent. It would be foolish not to allow financial considerations to enter into the picture when determining institutional supremacy. Therefore, my aim is to “throw water“ on the academic argument.

I would never INITIATE my thoughts on this matter. Simply offering a different perspective to an established post on the forum.

Last edited:
Only offering a rebuttal to the numerous posts regarding the rankings of WVU. By no means, do I blame Pitt fan for doing this. WVU overachieves in sports. Pitt underachieves. You SHOULD ALWAYS be more competitive in the 2 big sports because of recruiting advantage. In fact, it’s typically the opposite. Therefore, you pursue the academic angle. However, I also think it’s very fair to point out that cost of education is routinely ignored AND the difference in entry-level salary is absent. It would be foolish not to allow financial considerations to enter into the picture when determining institutional supremacy.

I would never INITIATE my thoughts on this matter. Simply offering a different perspective to an established post on the forum.
The quality of student athlete wvcc can recruit is by far different than Pitt's. Sure recruits can be accepted at both institutions but to keep eligibility is a different story. Pitt does not offer athletic coaching education which many wvcc athletes major in. Your a fool to think wvcc athletes are more challenged in the classroom than Pitt's. Wvcc has remedial studies too, get lost gomer. If anything wvcc has a recruiting advantage over Pitt in offering weak academics in order to party more and study less. Wvcc's academic ranking is a complete JOKE.

Last edited:

But you did initiate your thoughts on this matter. You came to a Pitt board, opened up a thread about Pitt's rankings, and then initiated rather lengthy diatribes not only on WVU's universally poor overall academic rankings, but particularly in your own personal field of endeavor which no one had even brought up. Then you continually return to justify your statements with nothing but your own singular opinion that, frankly, is shared by no independent, third party evaluator of any of these programs, and I Iinked 5 of them. But shoot the messengers.

And yes, everyone gets that none of these ranking mean that someone with a degree from Kutztown isn't going to be more successful in life or career (by whatever measure one uses for success) than a person with a degree from Penn. That wasn't the point of discussing Pitt's (the subject of this message board) place in those rankings compared to peers. And frankly, no matter how true it may be that the institution printed on a diploma doesn't predict individual success, it also doesn't make these ranking or their associated perceptions go away, nor the fact that they are important marketing tools for the business aspects of these universities.

Last edited:
But you did initiate your thoughts on this matter. You came to a Pitt board, opened up a thread about Pitt's rankings, and then initiated rather lengthy diatribes not only on WVU's universally poor overall academic rankings, but particularly in your own personal field of endeavor which no one had even brought up. Then you continually return to justify your statements with nothing but your own singular opinion that, frankly, is shared by no independent, third party evaluator of any of these programs, and I Iinked 5 of them. But shoot the messengers.

And yes, everyone gets that none of these ranking mean that someone with a degree from Kutztown isn't going to be more successful in life or career (by whatever measure one uses for success) than a person with a degree from Penn. That wasn't the point of discussing Pitt's (the subject of this message board) place in those rankings compared to peers. And frankly, no matter how true it may be that the institution printed on a diploma doesn't predict individual success, it also doesn't make these ranking or their associated perceptions go away, nor the fact that they are important marketing tools for the business aspects of these institutions.
Paco, if you remember, this is the same nut who is convinced that UVA's pep band (before they were forced to stop) only did skits to make fun of the opposing school when they were playing WVU in a bowl game, and not EVERY school they played - every week.

Reactions: pierre93
Paco, if you remember, this is the same nut who is convinced that UVA's pep band (before they were forced to stop) only did skits to make fun of the opposing school when they were playing WVU in a bowl game, and not EVERY school they played - every week.

Didn't remember. Try not to keep track of these types.

And yes, everyone gets that none of these ranking mean that someone with a degree from Kutztown isn't going to be more successful in life or career (by whatever measure one uses for success) than a person with a degree from Penn. That wasn't the point of discussing Pitt's (the subject of this message board) place in those rankings compared to peers. And frankly, no matter how true it may be that the institution printed on a diploma doesn't predict individual success, it also doesn't make these ranking or their associated perceptions go away, nor the fact that they are important marketing tools for the business aspects of these universities.
I didn’t initiate the post. A profile, “Chescat”, did so and others jumped on to highlight the ranking of WVU (whose mission essentially flies in the face of being ranked highly in any report). I felt compelled to provide a different perspective of the advantages of a WVU Master of PT (now it is a DPT program) and highlight the lack of differences in clinical preparedness/outcomes between WVU and other institutions that burden its graduates with unreasonable financial debt.

Next, I’m from northern WV and essentially consider Pittsburgh as my home....just as someone from Uniontown, Avella or Beaver Falls would. Pitt is a rival to me! (Maybe it’s not to those in southern part (VPI), Eastern panhandle (Maryland)). Backyard Brawl is a rivalry to those who live in northern WV. We love all Pittsburgh pro sports and laugh at Pitt...It shouldn’t come as a surprise that you’ll eventually have a WVU fan visit your board.

Higher education, in many many respects, is an outright farce. In absolute terms, it’s absolutely fine and valuable. Relative to the cost, however, it is not a great investment. As a resident of WV, who attended WVU, it was a great investment. There’s a reason Kiplinger’s Personal Finance has an article in at least 4-5 editions, annually, about the financial benefits of community college for satisfying the prerequisite courses. I won’t do that with my boys because there’s GREAT value in living in an uncomfortable dorm with people you don’t know. It can be the genesis of lifelong friendships and it’s the essence of the college experience. However, these articles truly highlight the financial disparity between university and community college for prereqs.

I could’ve attended CMU or Johns Hopkins but came from nothing. Wasn’t intelligent enough for max scholarships at either university. I need to grind to succeed. Therefore, I decided to stay home. I am glad I did, mostly from a financial standpoint.

Our program is considered a top program nationally (ironically, along with Pitt, Duke, and others) and I paid a fraction of the cost. I knew that I would shine in the interview room. Once I was able to get to that point, I breathed a sigh of relief. Many of you understand how it works but the interview, for most professions, simply means more than the degree.

I am honestly NOT the “get off my lawn” kinda guy but I will say that I have some genuine fear about these upcoming generations. When conducting interviews, I feel like I’m sometimes talking to a wall. Such poor interpersonal and communication skills. The first class I ever took in college was a Speech class (public speaking). To this day, it has been the best class I ever took.....along with my 9th grade typing class. I think this country would do a great service if universities mandated a Speech class FR year, semester 1. It wouldn’t solve the interpersonal skills issues but it would help.

I honestly enjoy the banter on here. Pitt is a great university and I would stick the nose of WVU fan in the rankings too. Just remember (some of you may not know) that the mission at WVU doesn’t come close to offering a top score in a rankings list. Large land-grant school wanting to provide for constituents of a VERY POOR state, etc.

And also remember that WVU has a very capable athletics department (and always has) that is more than willing to beat Pitt. Good luck.
Good post. And I have to say once you enter the workforce, in many instances unless you are an Ivy (get unfair breaks) it is just like the NFL. It doesn't matter if you come from Alabama or Austin Peay, if you can do the job, think, have some common sense, follow through and listen and learn, you make your path.

Because.....................kids.....................college degree or the college you went to doesn't necessarily equal intelligence.

The quality of student athlete wvcc can recruit is by far different than Pitt's. Sure recruits can be accepted at both institutions but to keep eligibility is a different story. Pitt does not offer athletic coaching education which many wvcc athletes major in. Your a fool to think wvcc athletes are more challenged in the classroom than Pitt's. Wvcc has remedial studies too, get lost gomer. If anything wvcc has a recruiting advantage over Pitt in offering weak academics in order to party more and study less. Wvcc's academic ranking is a complete JOKE.
Hmmm. That’s the first time that I’ve heard anyone, let alone a Pitt fan, state that WVU “out-recruits” Pitt. I didn’t realize our recruiting was cumulatively higher than Pittsburgh. I’ll need to review 247 and Rivals to confirm that you are correct.

However, I believe that you were the same individual that I caught in a lie regarding the UVA pep band and Gov Wise in 2002 demanding an apology. You had mentioned that the game was in the 80s and that you were there. You responded by “calling me a weirdo” or something along those lines. I easily dismissed your argument. Therefore, I’m not convinced that WVU out-recruits Pitt.

Last edited:
Hmmm. That’s the first time that I’ve heard anyone, let alone a Pitt fan, state that WVU “out-recruits” Pitt. I didn’t realize our recruiting was cumulatively higher than Pittsburgh. I’ll need to review 247 and Rivals to confirm that you are correct.

However, I believe that you were the same individual that I caught in a lie regarding the UVA pep band and Gov Wise in 2002 demanding an apology. You had mentioned that the game was in the 80s and that you were there. You responded by “calling me a weirdo” or something along those lines. I easily dismissed your argument. Therefore, I’m not convinced that WVU out-recruits Pitt.
Not saying wvcc out recruits Pitt but gets alot of transfers, juco players that alot of other colleges wouldn't accept. And for the pep band comment I never even mentioned that. Wvcc is still ranked very very low among all colleges. Way more people laugh at wvcc than Pitt. Nationally wvcc is known as a party school. Pitt doesn't offer majors like hotel management, athletic coaching education, etc. A few Pitt fans have bleeding hearts on here for you but otherwise most of us feel your program is a renegade, barbaric program. Chow Huckleberry

Last edited:
I didn’t initiate the post. A profile, “Chescat”, did so and others jumped on to highlight the ranking of WVU (whose mission essentially flies in the face of being ranked highly in any report). I felt compelled to provide a different perspective of the advantages of a WVU Master of PT (now it is a DPT program) and highlight the lack of differences in clinical preparedness/outcomes between WVU and other institutions that burden its graduates with unreasonable financial debt.

Next, I’m from northern WV and essentially consider Pittsburgh as my home....just as someone from Uniontown, Avella or Beaver Falls would. Pitt is a rival to me! (Maybe it’s not to those in southern part (VPI), Eastern panhandle (Maryland)). Backyard Brawl is a rivalry to those who live in northern WV. We love all Pittsburgh pro sports and laugh at Pitt...It shouldn’t come as a surprise that you’ll eventually have a WVU fan visit your board.

You initiated the topic of your profession and "felt compelled" to provide your opinion on it, repeatedly, which isn't supported by either surveys or data from a singular independent source, no matter the methodology; just one homer with a WVU degree and a self-inflated sense of accomplishment.

You would think Pitt was responsible for WVU's rankings. I would gladly pay extra tuition to avoid turning into an insecure board stalker rattled by every reference to a ranking that I felt unjustly slighted my diploma, because from what I can tell, it is nearly every ranking.

Last edited:
Not saying wvcc out recruits Pitt but gets alot of transfers, juco players that alot of other colleges wouldn't accept. And for the pep band comment I never even mentioned that. Wvcc is still ranked very very low among all colleges. Way more people laugh at wvcc than Pitt. Nationally wvcc is known as a party school. Pitt doesn't offer majors like hotel management, athletic coaching education, etc. A few Pitt fans have bleeding hearts on here for you but otherwise most of us feel your program is a renegade, barbaric program. Chow Huckleberry

It's not just nationally, even locally their own students lament their poor academics and boorish fan behavior.

It's not just nationally, even locally their own students lament their poor academics and boorish fan behavior.

Paco

That was a very interesting article that you posted.

I encourage our friend from WVU to read it.

Only 55% of students attending WVU graduate from the school.

Only 25% of students attending WVU graduate in a 4 year time frame.

Thanks for posting.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

You’re correct. It was the Raleigh fan who I caught in a lie and he subsequently got frustrated with me.

Also, thank you for confirming that Pitt typically out-recruits WVU. I thought that was the case too. Your athletics department seems to be improving with solid coaches in the 2 big sports and a capable Director of Athletics. Good for Pitt!

You’re correct. It was the Raleigh fan who I caught in a lie and he subsequently got frustrated with me.

Also, thank you for confirming that Pitt typically out-recruits WVU. I thought that was the case too. Your athletics department seems to be improving with solid coaches in the 2 big sports and a capable Director of Athletics. Good for Pitt!
You confuse someone laughing at you with him being confused. That's okay, we don't expect someone like you to be a critical thinker.

UVA's pep band made fun of every school it played for years. Just because you didn't know that, and though the first time they did it was against WVU during a bowl game, you called me a liar.

Think, and ask questions in life. You might learn something. Just do it on another school's board. We're tired of your insecurities on this board.

Ha! That was like 10 years ago but you’re preaching to the choir. WVU had issues with fan behavior when it was in Big East. Fantastic environment since we’ve been in XII and Luck disposed of the “pass out” policy at halftime, although students just aren’t into football anymore...like most campuses. Even you’d admit that your citation is certainly a “reach” as it pertains to this post. Hell, I don’t even think WVU was in XII until 2012. I remember that time because local cable subscriptions/population was the sole determinant for expansion.

You confuse someone laughing at you with him being confused. That's okay, we don't expect someYou confuse someone laughing at you with him being confused. That's okay, we don't expect someone like you to be a critical thinker.

UVA's pep band made fun of every school it played for years. Just because you didn't know that, and though the first time they did it was against WVU during a bowl game, you called me a liar.

Think, and ask questions in life. You might learn something. Just do it on another school's board. We're tired of your insecurities on this board.
You presented a number of falsehoods in that post.

You initiated the topic of your profession and "felt compelled" to provide your opinion on it, repeatedly, which isn't supported by either surveys or data from a singular independent source, no matter the methodology; just one homer with a WVU degree and a self-inflated sense of accomplishment.

You would think Pitt was responsible for WVU's rankings. I would gladly pay extra tuition to avoid turning into an insecure board stalker rattled by every reference to a ranking that I felt unjustly slighted my diploma, because from what I can tell, it is nearly every ranking.
Ah hell, I’m TOTALLY insecure and fear-driven for sure! Probably in my DNA since I’m from WV. Goal in life not to work in the mines, etc. I’m also incredibly self-aware.

I’m also quite confident in my understanding that school based rankings, just like small city rankings, etc, are based on inherently flawed methodologies that are based on overall reputation, donations, etc. Higher education at its finest. Again, not arguing that Pitt isn’t ranked higher than WVU. Only stating (as it relates to my field) that Pitt students seem to be at the level of WVU students in terms of PT outcomes such as number of visits to reach initial goals of care, manual therapy skills, etc. In other words, real-life clinical experiences.....not academic experience.

I’ll be more concerned about the former eight days a week.

You presented a number of falsehoods in that post.
No, I didn't. You were just ignorant of the truth, and not intelligent enough to ask questions to learn something.

No falsehoods, just things that you were unaware of. But, because you were unaware, instead of asking questions like an intelligent person would, you assumed that you were right.

Frankly, I don't care if you believe I was at a football game in the 80s or not. You believe whatever it takes for you to sleep at night.

Good day.

Ha! That was like 10 years ago but you’re preaching to the choir. WVU had issues with fan behavior when it was in Big East. Fantastic environment since we’ve been in XII and Luck disposed of the “pass out” policy at halftime, although students just aren’t into football anymore...like most campuses. Even you’d admit that your citation is certainly a “reach” as it pertains to this post. Hell, I don’t even think WVU was in XII until 2012. I remember that time because local cable subscriptions/population was the sole determinant for expansion.

9 years ago, but what is a year?

2 years ago better?

You instigated a lengthy discussion on WVU academics, which are poorly perceived nationally, and even recognized as such in WVU's own student newspaper, which proposed actually that having academic standards could help with fan behavior issues. Regardless of whether fan behavior issues are at the same level as 9 years ago, which were appalling and set the floor nationally, they are still bad.

I understand the mission of WVU is to serve a poor state, but so are the missions of Mississippi and Arkansas. I would be wondering why no apparent progress has being made, because it doesn't appear that it has, and the bigger question is if the state is being served well by a flagship that has a 56% 6-year graduation rate?

I own 4 PT clinics, paid off my college debt in literally less than 3 years and haven’t had a mortgage on a 550k home in 6 years. Free and clear. You continue to flex on your education. I’ll do well at WVU, kill the interview and retire by 43.
If it's Lifetime Pet Wellness I want my money back...not because your WVU, just other reasons.

9 years ago, but what is a year?

2 years ago better?

You instigated a lengthy discussion on WVU academics, which are poorly perceived nationally, and even recognized as such in WVU's own student newspaper, which proposed actually that having academic standards could help with fan behavior issues. Regardless of whether fan behavior issues are at the same level as 9 years ago, which were appalling and set the floor nationally, they are still bad.

I understand the mission of WVU is to serve a poor state, but so are the missions of Mississippi and Arkansas. I would be wondering why no apparent progress has being made, because it doesn't appear that it has, and the bigger question is if the state is being served well by a flagship that has a 56% 6-year graduation rate?
Yawn

You confuse someone laughing at you with him being confused. That's okay, we don't expect someone like you to be a critical thinker.

1. I'll refer you to the post, "Best non-Pitt game ever" dated 8-29-20. You stated, "I went to a WVU at UVA game in the late 80s, I have no idea how good the game was, but during halftime, the UVA Pep Band did a skit where there was a shotgun wedding with two relatives as bride and groom. The Gov of VA got a phone call from his counterpart in WV later that week. The UVA band got in trouble. Fun times.
Me: You didn't go to that game because they didn't play in the late 80s. They DID play earlier in the decade but Arch A. Moore (WV governor) didn't demand an apology from VA governor.

2. Raleigh: You are full of shit. I don't lie about anything. I have no need to make up any story on this site. It happened as I said it did. I was also at the bowl game in Charlotte between UVA and WVU, and nothing happened at the halftime at that game. Stop with your bullshit with me.
--The UVA band provided halftime entertainment with "The Bachelor" spoof of Beverly Hillbillies poking fun at WV. It was dumb that Governor Wise (a very piss-poor governor) demanded an apology. (Link below).
Raleigh: That idiot (WVUColumbus) should be banned for calling me a liar.
--You can't make this stuff up. HA!
When I further confronted you with the provided link, you stated "I was at the game. I don't remember the halftime show." HA! When you attempted to stray away from the conversation, I perseverated on the fact that you were caught in a lie. You became frustrated and called me a "weirdo" and other funny things.

3. As you will be able to gather from the post, I did not dispute at any time that the Tire Bowl was the first time that UV pep band poked fun at opponents. They have a reputation going back many decades. I know this.

4. Your final paragraph reminds me of the "hot mess" girl with "BEAUTIFUL DISASTER" tatted up on her chest, just above the breasts, complaining about all of the "drama" in her life.....

1. I'll refer you to the post, "Best non-Pitt game ever" dated 8-29-20. You stated, "I went to a WVU at UVA game in the late 80s, I have no idea how good the game was, but during halftime, the UVA Pep Band did a skit where there was a shotgun wedding with two relatives as bride and groom. The Gov of VA got a phone call from his counterpart in WV later that week. The UVA band got in trouble. Fun times.
Me: You didn't go to that game because they didn't play in the late 80s. They DID play earlier in the decade but Arch A. Moore (WV governor) didn't demand an apology from VA governor.

2. Raleigh: You are full of shit. I don't lie about anything. I have no need to make up any story on this site. It happened as I said it did. I was also at the bowl game in Charlotte between UVA and WVU, and nothing happened at the halftime at that game. Stop with your bullshit with me.
--The UVA band provided halftime entertainment with "The Bachelor" spoof of Beverly Hillbillies poking fun at WV. It was dumb that Governor Wise (a very piss-poor governor) demanded an apology. (Link below).
Raleigh: That idiot (WVUColumbus) should be banned for calling me a liar.
--You can't make this stuff up. HA!
When I further confronted you with the provided link, you stated "I was at the game. I don't remember the halftime show." HA! When you attempted to stray away from the conversation, I perseverated on the fact that you were caught in a lie. You became frustrated and called me a "weirdo" and other funny things.

3. As you will be able to gather from the post, I did not dispute at any time that the Tire Bowl was the first time that UV pep band poked fun at opponents. They have a reputation going back many decades. I know this.

4. Your final paragraph reminds me of the "hot mess" girl with "BEAUTIFUL DISASTER" tatted up on her chest, just above the breasts, complaining about all of the "drama" in her life.....

Weirdo is the nicest thing I can call you.

I described a game I attended in the 80s with my sister, and you called me a liar and said I was not at that game.

You then brought up the Tire Bowl incident as somehow in your mind to prove I didn't go to a game in Charlottesville in the 80s.

I happened to go to the Tire Bowl also, but that's besides the point. I was talking about a game in the 80s that I went to with my sister, and you said I was lying.

You are one strange person.

Weirdo is the nicest thing I can call you.

I described a game I attended in the 80s with my sister, and you called me a liar and said I was not at that game.

You then brought up the Tire Bowl incident as somehow in your mind to prove I didn't go to a game in Charlottesville in the 80s.

I happened to go to the Tire Bowl also, but that's besides the point. I was talking about a game in the 80s that I went to with my sister, and you said I was lying.

You are one strange person.
Instead of replying with your rant followed by “you are one strange person”, you really should’ve simply replied with one very simple and succinct word: “Touché”

Instead of replying with your rant followed by “you are one strange person”, you really should’ve simply replied with one very simple and succinct word: “Touché”
I hope you never let this thread go. It's as fun a watching a human train wreck.

Between other posters pointing out your insecurities, and you proving your delusions, this is pure entertainment.

Well done!

You want to trade articles do you? I think you pretty much just ran out. I can keep going, articles both old and new, for a very long time.

And yes, I can keep going, and I know that you know it to be absolutely true.

I'm really just bored of you now, and spent way too much time contemplating the failures of the 251st ranked university.

Last edited:
You want to trade articles do you? I think you pretty much just ran out. I can keep going, articles both old and new, for a very long time.

And yes, I can keep going, and I know that you know it to be absolutely true.

I'm really just bored of you now, and spent way too much time contemplating the failures of the 251st ranked university.
If you were truly “bored” as you claim, you would simply not respond. You’ve responded repeatedly. Pitt fan behavior was awful from what I saw in early December at your hoops arena. My brother, friend and I (3 40-something professionals) were engaged in lengthy conversation while walking to/from arena and we heard 3 instances (just around us) of Pitt fan berating WVU fan with “Go home ****in in-breds”, “Go bang your sister”, etc. In one instance, the individual got into the face of an older WVU fan who simply continued to walk and not engage.

There’s no doubt that WVU fan behavior was abhorrent prior to 2012. There will still be instances of such behavior but it’s not nearly to the same level. Reputation also has a way of continuing to promote coverage even if improvement has been achieved....which is undeniable. Pitt also has its fair share of yinzer etiquette that doesn’t deviate much from the hoopie element.

Finally, I would surmise that most of written articles are trolls who act as if they are WVU fans in an attempt to give their claims more credence. It’s the oldest trick in the book and you all know this trick very well with many negative claims by your posters claiming to be Pitt fans (when actually they are Child Rapist University fans). Chuck Landon is a notable Herd troll who has an axe to grind. He despises WVU. Par for the course for him to write that.

Good luck. I bet Pitt vs Louisville. Louisville can’t stop anything.

The methodologies are flawed. For instance, TT is ranked behind WVU in initial rankings you cited and is ranked in cheapest rankings link you provided.

Also, WVU education is wayyyyyy more cost conscious than Pitt or Duke. It’s not even close. Pitt and Duke (and others) ARE to the level of WVU students in terms of clinical preparedness pertaining to manual therapy skills, clinical reasoning, etc. This is from 20 years of hiring experience. However, the former graduates routinely have burdensome education debt that isn’t typically problematic for a WVU grad.

Again, prudent financial decisions shouldn’t be excluded when considering a college/university. It’s quite important to begin one’s professional career without being unnecessarily positioned below peers...especially when entry-level salary differences are absent.
You also get a WVU diploma if you have the right connections. You don’t even have to attend class.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT