ADVERTISEMENT

USMNT Tonight

Lionel Scaloni is about to go on the market. No idea what he's like outside the Argentina set up. Also he doesn't live in Argentina, he lives in Spain and I assume he wants that to continue.

Lionel Scaloni is about to go on the market. No idea what he's like outside the Argentina set up. Also he doesn't live in Argentina, he lives in Spain and I assume he wants that to continue.
sadly this incompetent federation won't be moving on from derp a derp. I so wish Hope Solo or Wynalda would have won the presidency. They were definitely rabble rousers looking to shake things up.

They pay Derp 1.3 mil just like Emma Hayes. I suppose that’s good money on the womens side but they aren’t paying what it will take to get an Ancelotti or Mourinho.

They pay Derp 1.3 mil just like Emma Hayes. I suppose that’s good money on the womens side but they aren’t paying what it will take to get an Ancelotti or Mourinho.
this moron deserves to be on the welfare line collecting a government check. $1.5 milly is highway robbery.

Yesterdays show? I’ll pull it up on the app
Not limited to you, but if I were to choose just 1 soccer broadcast, podcast, whatever, what would yinz recommend? For a newbie who knows little but not really looking for technical knowledge. I also have Sirius. Something high level not nitty gritty that’s entertaining.

@Allan McMurray

Not limited to you, but if I were to choose just 1 soccer broadcast, podcast, whatever, what would yinz recommend? For a newbie who knows little but not really looking for technical knowledge. I also have Sirius. Something high level not nitty gritty that’s entertaining.

@Allan McMurray
My suggestion, since you have Sirius, is to download the app and then listen at your leisure. Via the app, you can click on the shows which has every segment divided up by time and subject. So if there’s something that doesn’t interest you, you can click to the exact segment that might interest you.

The main shows are :
7-10am the football show-it’s English soccer heavy but they touch all of the subjects and you’ll learn to love the hosts. Except Tom Rennie the English guy can be annoying. My Chelsea guy just left the show two weeks ago and I’ve been depressed about it. He was really good.

10am some days- counter attack- hosted by 2 former American players. Will be the best listen before and after international windows and tourneys. But they also talk
euro soccer.

10am other days- Grumpy Pundits- entertaining soccer talk…premier league heavy but touch on everything.

4pm-WTF (Wynalda talks soccer) - it’s a new show but probably would be the most American soccer heavy show. As Allan said, wynalda isn’t afraid to say the things that will get him in trouble. Another thing he said on his show last week…Dest is in love with himself and thinks he’s gods gift to football. Ask Dest and he will tell ya.

So if you’re driving in your car, that’s what you’ll get. But again, if you download the app, you can tag those shows as favorites, and then click on the shows and listen to the segment that might interest you.

My suggestion, since you have Sirius, is to download the app and then listen at your leisure. Via the app, you can click on the shows which has every segment divided up by time and subject. So if there’s something that doesn’t interest you, you can click to the exact segment that might interest you.

The main shows are :
7-10am the football show-it’s English soccer heavy but they touch all of the subjects and you’ll learn to love the hosts. Except Tom Rennie the English guy can be annoying. My Chelsea guy just left the show two weeks ago and I’ve been depressed about it. He was really good.

10am some days- counter attack- hosted by 2 former American players. Will be the best listen before and after international windows and tourneys. But they also talk
euro soccer.

10am other days- Grumpy Pundits- entertaining soccer talk…premier league heavy but touch on everything.

4pm-WTF (Wynalda talks soccer) - it’s a new show but probably would be the most American soccer heavy show. As Allan said, wynalda isn’t afraid to say the things that will get him in trouble. Another thing he said on his show last week…Dest is in love with himself and thinks he’s gods gift to football. Ask Dest and he will tell ya.

So if you’re driving in your car, that’s what you’ll get. But again, if you download the app, you can tag those shows as favorites, and then click on the shows and listen to the segment that might interest you.
Thanks. I have the app. I’m VERY familiar with it so I guess I should have said that so I didn’t waste your time with that part. I’ve been listening to the app since it rolled out day 1 (was an absolute nightmare for months).

I’m most interested in American soccer then a mix of cups (Euro, World) and Champ league. I’ll watch the EPL but don’t need bogged down there so your post helps. Thanks again.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
United States of Soccer was the main U.S. soccer show but that recently went away. Now the WTF show I think can be a hit because Wynalda doesn't give a crap.

I personally love Grumpy Pundits but only when Rodney and Tommy are on. When that bellend Tom Rennie is on, he ruins it. Tommy and Rodney are literally like Walter Matthau and Jack Lemmon in Grumpy Old Men. It's rare that those 2 aren't on their game.

I think with WTF and the Grumps you get the best of both. American soccer and English football. Cheers and enjoy mate!

United States of Soccer was the main U.S. soccer show but that recently went away.

I was wondering about that. I have only really listened to it when their was an international window because Jason Davis had a lot of interviews with US players and journalists talking about the games. But I noticed in the car the other day that he was on with Wynalda, and it used to be Tony Meola on with him most of the time.

United States of Soccer was the main U.S. soccer show but that recently went away. Now the WTF show I think can be a hit because Wynalda doesn't give a crap.

I personally love Grumpy Pundits but only when Rodney and Tommy are on. When that bellend Tom Rennie is on, he ruins it. Tommy and Rodney are literally like Walter Matthau and Jack Lemmon in Grumpy Old Men. It's rare that those 2 aren't on their game.

I think with WTF and the Grumps you get the best of both. American soccer and English football. Cheers and enjoy mate!
Thank you

Reactions: Allan McMurray
I was wondering about that. I have only really listened to it when their was an international window because Jason Davis had a lot of interviews with US players and journalists talking about the games. But I noticed in the car the other day that he was on with Wynalda, and it used to be Tony Meola on with him most of the time.
United States of soccer was great during cup competitions that the US played in or on days that a US squad was announced. But other than that it was my least favorite show. Jason Davis is a bit of a bore and most of the time the shows focus is MLS and USL…which is even more of a bore.

I like when Jason Davies did his shows about the men's and women's national team, even when he'd do stuff with USL. I totally tuned out when he talked about mls and the women's league.

United States of soccer was great during cup competitions that the US played in or on days that a US squad was announced. But other than that it was my least favorite show. Jason Davis is a bit of a bore and most of the time the shows focus is MLS and USL…which is even more of a bore.

Well that's why I never listened during those times!

Yeah I’m with you. The grumps are perfect now that Rennie left to join The Football Show. The problem is, now the Football Show suffers. I love Charlie, Ray and Neil. But now that Neil has left after two decades and replaced by Rennie, the show suffers. I don’t hate Rennie, but I’m not a fan. I don’t find him that funny and he tries really hard.

Funny thing about the whole days lineup…it’s old guy radio. Everyone knows the key demographic but for some reason XM doesn’t care and it skews a bit older…which is fine with me.

Thanks. I have the app. I’m VERY familiar with it so I guess I should have said that so I didn’t waste your time with that part. I’ve been listening to the app since it rolled out day 1 (was an absolute nightmare for months).

I’m most interested in American soccer then a mix of cups (Euro, World) and Champ league. I’ll watch the EPL but don’t need bogged down there so your post helps. Thanks again.
If you like champions league, then the entire daily lineup is good. So middle of the week shows during champions league weeks there will be good segments for you to listen to as they recap and breakdown the matches from the day before. And you’ll start picking up on plenty of world football nuances, and might even find yourself hooked. As an example, Tuesday is a huge game between Dortmund and Milan. Hopefully Pulisic, Musah and Gio all play a role. I doubt Gio will though. But listening to the shows will be good on Wednesday.

Monday’s are usually talk that revolve around recaps from the weekend domestic leagues. Fridays are often filled with talk previewing the domestic league weekend.

And then summers are filled with all the international cup competitions and player transfer window. Soccer really is a year round sport, which is great, because after football season ends, local radio is a bore and XMFC carried me through the next several months.

Hopefully Pulisic, Musah and Gio all play a role. I doubt Gio will though.

He came on at the half in a 3-2 game on Saturday. I don't know if that was due to injury or something planned ahead of time, but the guy he came on for scored their first goal, so it probably wasn't performance related.

He came on at the half in a 3-2 game on Saturday. I don't know if that was due to injury or something planned ahead of time, but the guy he came on for scored their first goal, so it probably wasn't performance related.
Yeah he’s been getting some minutes but not many. With how important Tuesdays game is, it’s huge, I can’t imagine him playing. But hope he does.

Thank you
  • So Gio was an unused sub today ga Milan.
  • Musah didn’t make the squad and he’s been starting for Milan so he must have picked up a knock?
  • Pulisic played the entire match and looked good from what I could tell. He almost scored a worldie.
Rocky Ray Hudson from XMFC’s morning The Football Show did the color commentary. Of all the guys on XM, I’ve always thought Rocky was the most critical of Pulisic during his time at Chelsea. And today I think I might have heard him say that Pulisic was the man of the match for Milan. So if Ray is on tomorrow morning instead of that simpleton Tom Rennie, it will be interesting to hear Ray and Charlie break down the Milan match. Charlie is a lifelong Milan supporter.

That was a killer loss for Milan and all but knocks them out. They now have a must win at New Castle and then would need help in that other match between PSG and Dortmund. But with Dortmund already through, they won’t be playing for much. That 9p+8 goal from Mbappe gave Milan a tiny bit of life in this group of death. It’s a shame because some of those other groups look like Europa League level. The 3rd and 4th place teams in this group would have advanced in every other group.

@King Of All Message Boards

• So Gio was an unused sub today ga Milan.
  • Musah didn’t make the squad and he’s been starting for Milan so he must have picked up a knock?
  • Pulisic played the entire match and looked good from what I could tell. He almost scored a worldie.
Rocky Ray Hudson from XMFC’s morning The Football Show did the color commentary. Of all the guys on XM, I’ve always thought Rocky was the most critical of Pulisic during his time at Chelsea. And today I think I might have heard him say that Pulisic was the man of the match for Milan. So if Ray is on tomorrow morning instead of that simpleton Tom Rennie, it will be interesting to hear Ray and Charlie break down the Milan match. Charlie is a lifelong Milan supporter.

That was a killer loss for Milan and all but knocks them out. They now have a must win at New Castle and then would need help in that other match between PSG and Dortmund. But with Dortmund already through, they won’t be playing for much. That 9p+8 goal from Mbappe gave Milan a tiny bit of life in this group of death. It’s a shame because some of those other groups look like Europa League level. The 3rd and 4th place teams in this group would have advanced in every other group.

@King Of All Message Boards
Thanks. That penalty against New Castle was brutal.

Sneaking of worldies, did you see Garnacho’s goal?

I'm rooting for a Wil Zaha show in Istanbul today so assure that tinpot ManU go home with 0. Then last match get hammered by Harry Kane and Munich assuring they get no Euro football the rest of the season. What a shit club with overrated players and a massive ego and sense of "big" when they're no better than Crystal Palace.

Everyone is spouting how dominant they've been over the past like 6/7 matches, they haven't played anyone except City and they got handled easily by them 3-1. Tinpot

• Haha
I just watched the highlights, that pen was absurd! You never call that when the players are that tight and close. Now if they're 10 yards apart and has his arms out, sure that's a pen.

Holy cow. Ray Hudson was furious this AM in the first hour of The Football Show. I have never heard him like that before. Man that handball hit him hard.

And then after they tied the game at two, they brought on Rico Pepi late in the game, and:

Wow that’s awesome. Good for Pepi. A day earlier I was starting to get depressed because England had a 17 or 18 year old kid I never heard of scoring goals in the champions league. Good to see our #9 position getting sorted out.

Holy cow. Man U fans must be irate. What is Onana doing ?

Nice ball in but I’m firmly on the train, some kind of banning. I’m talking 2 years to include the WC
It’s ok. Someone had to send Sevilla packing to Europa League. It’s what they wanted all along anyway. Sevilla’s season doesn’t really start until they reach their NIT tourney and Pepi simply gave them their final nudge. Lol.

• Haha
Holy cow. Everyone needs to dig up Arsenals 2nd goal that they scored right now by Odegaard. Unbelievable football.

1 touch at its finest. The finish was superb as well
He made the finish look easy. I’ve seen that countless times piked 20 feet over the bar. Probably more times than not. But the build up was what was most impressive.

The man with the most exquisite hairline in the world has his team playing just as beautifully.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT