ADVERTISEMENT

USMNT Tonight

Allan McMurray

Junior
Gold Member
Oct 10, 2022
Catching the 2nd half of the Nations League semi in Austin against T&T. What a complete sham. Been up a man since the 37th minute. It's still 0-0 in the 81st minute with zero creativity, lots of possession.

I think Aaronson is done. He is a shell of what he once was. So young too.

The women have a better gaffer right now.

Gio makes it 3-0, nice assist from Balogun.

I make that initial post and they immediately score 3
Had it on at the game and watched as I walked back to my car. Feel a lot better going into the away leg up 3.

Don't know if he was good all game but Jedi seemed to make a difference late

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
Catching the 2nd half of the Nations League semi in Austin against T&T. What a complete sham. Been up a man since the 37th minute. It's still 0-0 in the 81st minute with zero creativity, lots of possession.

I think Aaronson is done. He is a shell of what he once was. So young too.

The women have a better gaffer right now.

Against a team who started 5 USL players and 2 players from the Canadien league. Inotherwords, semi-pros. Great, we got the win and qualified for Copa America (unless 🇹🇹 beats us by 4 Monday)

Against a team who started 5 USL players and 2 players from the Canadien league. Inotherwords, semi-pros. Great, we got the win and qualified for Copa America (unless 🇹🇹 beats us by 4 Monday)
T&T had a chubby dude out there that looked like your typical over 40 rec league player.

Such a strange game…US looked good in the second half and you saw VERY confident attacking maneuvers and runs but I think part of that was because of the quality of the opponent.

But it is fun to see the skill of a bunch of guys that can just ball like our current squad.

T&T had a chubby dude out there that looked like your typical over 40 rec league player.

Such a strange game…US looked good in the second half and you saw VERY confident attacking maneuvers and runs but I think part of that was because of the quality of the opponent.

But it is fun to see the skill of a bunch of guys that can just ball like our current squad.
It was a fun game to watch. That’s soccer…30 shots to 0 and it wasn’t far away from a draw. I don’t think we lacked creativity…it just appeared T&T were hunkered down and in front of every scoring chance. No one in the World Cup knockouts or in VmCooa America will bunker down against the USA. This game was just a fun side circus. I enjoyed it…but I did start to get frustrated around the 65th-80th minute.

They were every bit close to heading down to T&T 0-0. They did what they wanted in passing the ball around the 18 but once they did anything with any entry balls into the 18, it became a gobbly goo mess.

We know exactly what Geggy is gonna do now. Sit, Sit, Sit and play for the draw because he's a coward and he stinks as a coach.

Atleast they're onto the Copa's now, well 99% there.

They were every bit close to heading down to T&T 0-0. They did what they wanted in passing the ball around the 18 but once they did anything with any entry balls into the 18, it became a gobbly goo mess.

We know exactly what Geggy is gonna do now. Sit, Sit, Sit and play for the draw because he's a coward and he stinks as a coach.

Atleast they're onto the Copa's now, well 99% there.
Are you saying Gregg will live in his fears like Mike T?

Are you saying Gregg will live in his fears like Mike T?
Yes siree. I sure hope this Derp-a-Derp proves me wrong. I'd love a 2 or 3-0 roadie, he just doesn't have that in him. Really, no USMNT ever did. Win your home matches and play for the draw on the road.

I think, please don't quote me, it was Bruce Arena that made a comment about having Euro powers come down to play concacaf teams on some of those pitches for qualies.

Hogwash, England, Spain, Portugal, France, Germany would qualify easily out of concacaf. Losing, maybe, only @ La Azteca

I was really unimpressed with Tillman last night, Paredes too but it was his first start and he's so young. I think most fans underrate how much the teams relies on Weah and Pulisic to generate goals and chances.

I was really unimpressed with Tillman last night, Paredes too but it was his first start and he's so young. I think most fans underrate how much the teams relies on Weah and Pulisic to generate goals and chances.
Paredes...geez, he looks like he is 16!

Yeah I’m with you.

Other scores from the Nations League:

Last night Panama went to Costa Rica and pummeled them, 3-0.

And originally I thought they said that Mexico was going to play the first leg against Honduras at home, but they played tonight in Honduras. Apparently a bad decision by Mexico, because Honduras beat them 2-0.

Originally the Jamaica - Canada game was supposed to be played today, but a really bad storm blew through Jamaica and the game was postponed until tomorrow morning.

And originally I thought they said that Mexico was going to play the first leg against Honduras at home, but they played tonight in Honduras. Apparently a bad decision by Mexico, because Honduras beat them 2-0.

Originally the Jamaica - Canada game was supposed to be played today, but a really bad storm blew through Jamaica and the game was postponed until tomorrow morning.
Mexico is a shell of it's former self.

Still likely they'll make it but Mexico not making the Copa would be disasterous for them , and would be a pretty big hit for ticket sales

Still likely they'll make it but Mexico not making the Copa would be disasterous for them , and would be a pretty big hit for ticket sales
Need to beat Honduras 3-0 at Azteca, or any 2 goal win other than 2-0 (which would go to PKs). Assuming they are using the away goal rule. Even if they lose, they would just have to win a 2 leg series vs CR, Jamaica, or TT

Omg. I might have to turn this game off. That drum is annoying as hell.

Good to see T&T made some field improvements since that infamous night 5 years ago.

Funny as hell. Aaronson is getting the crap beat out of him and he just got kicked in the nuts and then looked down his shorts, assumingly to check to make sure his twigs and berries were ok. That’s going to be a meme.

What on earth is Sergino Dest thinking? That was 100% petulant behaviour and now T&T equalize. I wouldn't mind not seeing Dest for a long time now.

What on earth is Sergino Dest thinking? That was 100% petulant behaviour and now T&T equalize. I wouldn't mind not seeing Dest for a long time now.
What the hell was that? I’ve never seen anything like it. He has to be on drugs. Who acts that way?

What the hell was that? I’ve never seen anything like it. He has to be on drugs. Who acts that way?
It's utterly bizarre. The kicking of the ball was unreal. Some players just boot it, but he picked it up and punted it? Then has the nerve to basically tell every single teammate that came up to calm him down to eff off.

Derp needs to send a strong message and not include him for quite sometime. Actually have him file for a one time back to the Dutch National Team.

It's utterly bizarre. The kicking of the ball was unreal. Some players just boot it, but he picked it up and punted it? Then has the nerve to basically tell every single teammate that came up to calm him down to eff off.

Derp needs to send a strong message and not include him for quite sometime. Actually have him file for a one time back to the Dutch National Team.
Crazy stuff happens down there.

Any chance T&T comes back from 4-1 down?

At least this got interesting.

If I’m on that team and the coach/manager doesn’t handle it I would.

I can’t imagine the rest of the team doesn’t wanna kick his ass.
The halftime gang said it perfectly. If this was 10 years ago, Dest would probably get his butt kicked in the locker room.

If Weston was there, I could see him definitely confronting Dest and if Dest stepped, putting him on his butt. I don't think Ream would get physical but he is definitely going to lose his mind...and I think Matty Turner might as well too.

holy hell. send him packing. leave him in T and T.
Here’s the thing…he does stuff that makes you really appreciate how freaking talented he is. I mean, he can make your jaw drop. But against Holland in the World Cup he was pretty bad. And now this…

The halftime gang said it perfectly. If this was 10 years ago, Dest would probably get his butt kicked in the locker room.

If Weston was there, I could see him definitely confronting Dest and if Dest stepped, putting him on his butt. I don't think Ream would get physical but he is definitely going to lose his mind...and I think Matty Turner might as well too.
I wonder what he said to Turner leaving the field. It wasn’t pleasant that’s for sure.

why is there a hideous disaster every time we play there?
Remember the game I told you about earlier today when I was last at a Pitt mens game? It was that infamous night!!!!

Reactions: noelr

Good call on Weston. Good thing he’s in Italy. Lol.

Reactions: Allan McMurray
I wonder what he said to Turner leaving the field. It wasn’t pleasant that’s for sure.
Probably "mind your own ****ing business" He was not responding to anything, anyone was saying to him. He needs to be waiting for each teammater on that field tonight inside the lockerroom, apologize and ask for their forgiveness.

I mean he does this against T&T...imagine how this impacts the US if this is against even a mid level Euro team or mid level South American squad let alone a top dog.

it looks like they're playing at old pitt stadium fan turnout included.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT