be Odukale, and he's going to
control the ball and the offense.
Hopefully he won't have X's
inconsistencies.

I did watch Gueye's film, and
his strength seems to be on
the open floor, but my sense is
he's here to backup Hugley at C.
The 5 gets the ball alot isolated at the top of the key in offenses we ran.
Id imagine the more talented the 5 the more they'd be allowed to do there but we haven't seen much of that.

Good post. Wouldn't say Jeffress is clearly the most talented though, I think Femi and Hugley make it a 3 way bout.
Listen age etc everything else aside. You can say Jeffress had the most upside, but he had the worst statistical freshmen year in the history of the ACC for a rotation wing player. I know what everyone is gonna say age all of that BS. He is NOT the most talented. Not right now. Most upside? Perhaps.

Reactions: BTisinDC
Asking him to do too much is asking for trouble. Its not that he cant necessarily do it against limited slower players. But he is pushing a 24% turnover rate against mostly bad teams. Putting him against good teams is likely to cause that to spike higher. He is best in a limited role to maximize his efficiency on offense. Letting a 3 fly if he is wide open is ok at times. Letting him try to become a shooter as a backup center is not. His job is to fix the defense and rebounding as a backup center which was a major problem with Brown last year.

he was a focal point of their offense last year. They ran a ton of sets for him in the high post, which forced him to move with the rock. I don't think the TO% will increase because of competition. It will increase if he has the same usage against better teams.

Reactions: Drew1208
Listen age etc everything else aside. You can say Jeffress had the most upside, but he had the worst statistical freshmen year in the history of the ACC for a rotation wing player. I know what everyone is gonna say age all of that BS. He is NOT the most talented. Not right now. Most upside? Perhaps.
I gotta disagree. I see
the talent, if you want
to call it "upside", I could
go with that. Maybe I should
have said the most "innate"
talent. Bottom line IMO, the
talent is there, and it's more
there than in any other Pitt
player.

Just my two cents.

Anyone’s body of work in any sport or line of work tells more about them than a subset of 4 or 5 examples. There’s no taking away what he did in those games but there’s no way to dismiss all the others. Maybe he was extra motivated. Maybe he caught a heater. I don’t know. But his overall stats tell you a lot more about what he is. I’m certain he’ll get ample opportunity. Someone has to. Let’s hope we see more of those types of games. But I think we all agree the talent at the big positions still needs a fairly substantial upgrade.

The reasons those games are important is because they are against Power 6 teams. Usually when the competition gets stiffer, the stats get significantly worse unless you are a pure shooter, see Horton last year who averaged over 37% from 3 for the entire season.

Ill dive a bit deeper into this. There are some fine line differences between Gueye and Oladapo and how their stats potentially carry over to the P6.

There are a few red flags here with Oladopo's rebound numbers.

1) His team was regularly blown out badly, so he was going up against second string and bench players more often than a normal player. This is a huge red flag as his team wasn't competitive.

2) Its magnified even worse with his actual rebound percentages on offense and defense. They were 12OR and 17DR. Gueye was at 22.8DR on defense and was the conference defensive player of the year. 22.8DR for the entire season is a strong number, a number that will help his rebounding carry over into the ACC. That number is also supported to carry over by what he did against Power 6 teams. His rebounding and blocks didn't fully collapse against better teams. He also has the athleticism needed to compete in the ACC. Oladapo doesn't have that luxury. It is much more likely that efficiency wise, Gueye's numbers in the ACC are going to look better than Oladapo when it comes to rebounding. And for that reason, I want Gueye near the basket.

But like I also said above, shooting almost always transfers if you are proven, so Oladapo's midrange touch will carry over and help boost his ORTG even with less athletic ability in the ACC.

Like I also said above, Chris Payton was the most dominant rebounder in Juco last year in efficiency. We are literally talking about a player that averaged 10 rebounds per game and 2.5 blocks per game in under 20 minutes time. He also has the athletic ability to back it up and help it transfer into the ACC as he jumps over people and is quick on his feet. He also had legit Power 6 offers from Texas A&M and Maryland.

Is is early but...

I think Nate Santos is going to play a lot more than people think if he is healthy, both at the 3 and at the 4. His shot is beautiful to watch and he classed up because of his acl injury, not down. He'll be 20 going into the season, not a 17 year old Jeffress. The Nepsac is also a power league, not a normal high school league. Those teams Santos faced, like Femi before him, are loaded with college players. Those teams would beat a wpial team by 50+.

I posted this before, This link below is a complete game of his, not a highlight video. Santos will compete for being the top shooter on the entire roster if he remains healthy. And he is a legit 6'7 which makes that shooting ability all the more dangerous.

The reasons those games are important is because they are against Power 6 teams. Usually when the competition gets stiffer, the stats get significantly worse unless you are a pure shooter, see Horton last year who averaged over 37% from 3 for the entire season.

Ill dive a bit deeper into this. There are some fine line differences between Gueye and Oladapo and how their stats potentially carry over to the P6.

There are a few red flags here with Oladopo's rebound numbers.

1) His team was regularly blown out badly, so he was going up against second string and bench players more often than a normal player. This is a huge red flag as his team wasn't competitive.

2) Its magnified even worse with his actual rebound percentages on offense and defense. They were 12OR and 17DR. Gueye was at 22.8DR on defense and was the conference defensive player of the year. 22.8DR for the entire season is a strong number, a number that will help his rebounding carry over into the ACC. That number is also supported to carry over by what he did against Power 6 teams. His rebounding and blocks didn't fully collapse against better teams. He also has the athleticism needed to compete in the ACC. Oladapo doesn't have that luxury. It is much more likely that efficiency wise, Gueye's numbers in the ACC are going to look better than Oladapo when it comes to rebounding. And for that reason, I want Gueye near the basket.

But like I also said above, shooting almost always transfers if you are proven, so Oladapo's midrange touch will carry over and help boost his ORTG even with less athletic ability in the ACC.

Like I also said above, Chris Payton was the most dominant rebounder in Juco last year in efficiency. We are literally talking about a player that averaged 10 rebounds per game and 2.5 blocks per game in under 20 minutes time. He also has the athletic ability to back it up and help it transfer into the ACC as he jumps over people and is quick on his feet. He also had legit Power 6 offers from Texas A&M and Maryland.

Is is early but...

I think Nate Santos is going to play a lot more than people think if he is healthy, both at the 3 and at the 4. His shot is beautiful to watch and he classed up because of his acl injury, not down. He'll be 20 going into the season, not a 17 year old Jeffress. The Nepsac is also a power league, not a normal high school league. Those teams Santos faced, like Femi before him, are loaded with college players. Those teams would beat a wpial team by 50+.

I posted this before, This link below is a complete game of his, not a highlight video. Santos will compete for being the top shooter on the entire roster if he remains healthy. And he is a legit 6'7 which makes that shooting ability all the more dangerous.

I'm the biggest Nate Santos stan on this board.
I hope he stays healthy.
Shot is perfect, he's tall enough, athletic enough, the only thing i don't know about him is how he is defensively. But i think he has more skill than most of the team and got destroyed by covid and injuries.

Reactions: cabe23
Thanks, Dokish.

Pitt could have added anyone and Doke/Vader/Steel Curtain would have been predicted Sweet 16s. Nobody reposts stuff he reads on other pay sites like this guy
My favorite Dokish fanboy tweet, besides the one where he predicted Pitt competes for the national title in 2022, is the where where he says “capel hasn’t recruited a miss yet” while citing McGowens, Johnson, Toney, Murphy, Drumgoole, Coulaliby, Horton and of course Champ.

I don’t know why he has so many followers. There are thousands of fans more knowledgeable than him about Pitt hoops. I wish @DT_PITT had an active Pitt hoops Twitter and @Drew1208 wasnt a psycho.

My favorite Dokish fanboy tweet, besides the one where he predicted Pitt competes for the national title in 2022, is the where where he says “capel hasn’t recruited a miss yet” while citing McGowens, Johnson, Toney, Murphy, Drumgoole, Coulaliby, Horton and of course Champ.

I don’t know why he has so many followers. There are thousands of fans more knowledgeable than him about Pitt hoops. I wish @DT_PITT had an active Pitt hoops Twitter and @Drew1208 wasnt a psycho.
smoke weed everyday "nate dawg voice".

The one fun thing about this board is almost everyone rips on Dokish and i know he reads this board in stealth.

He has a hell of a lot of
critics too . Personally
I feel he usually goes too
far in singing the praises
of some of these recruits.
Coulibaly comes to mind,
and a lot of people here
believed him. In my case,
I like to wait to see what
they're like once they hit
the floor and actually
play in real games.

Today he gave a somewhat
objective summary of Pitt's
newcomers, both recruits
and transfers. THAT, he does
pretty well. I've never gotten
the impression that he knows
basketball.

Last edited:
The 5 gets the ball alot isolated at the top of the key in offenses we ran.
Id imagine the more talented the 5 the more they'd be allowed to do there but we haven't seen much of that.
When Pitt did do what
you're saying it was due
to the C coming out AFTER
what they were running
didn't work. I didn't see it
as a planned set. What it
did do was give them
another option, again after
what they were running
didn't work.

I would agree with you about
"a more talented 5" being
able to successfully do it. I
don't see Capel going with it
because everything he's
shown us is PG oriented. Also
the one thing we NEED is an
inside presence.

With all that said, I do like the
5 Out as a different look, and
see what the D does to offset
it. If you can make it work, then
go with it.

Reactions: Drew1208
When Pitt did do what
you're saying it was due
to the C coming out AFTER
what they were running
didn't work. I didn't see it
as a planned set. What it
did do was give them
another option, again after
what they were running
didn't work.

I would agree with you about
"a more talented 5" being
able to successfully do it. I
don't see Capel going with it
because everything he's
shown us is PG oriented. Also
the one thing we NEED is an
inside presence.

With all that said, I do like the
5 Out as a different look, and
see what the D does to offset
it. If you can make it work, then
go with it.
I mean yeah it was never a primary action, as it shouldn't have been because we haven't had the right players there.

Reactions: Chescat
Thanks, Dokish.

Pitt could have added anyone and Doke/Vader/Steel Curtain would have been predicted Sweet 16s. Nobody reposts stuff he reads on other pay sites like this guy
Just stop. You read it. And you will read subsequent posts from Vader.

The info is so slanted, its useless. Its like getting news from CNN or Fox News and believing what you are seeing is unbiased journalism. I can't take anything he says seriously because he believes every recruit is the next LeBron. He should have received a lifetime ban for Justice Kithcart, who turned out to be literally just a role player on a D2 team.
Then ignore it like many on here do your posts !

LOL -- you don't want me on Twitter. Brevity is not MY virtue.

He has many followers because he posts information that many of us have interest in. He tells us about recruits Pitt is interested in along with a summary of the recruit’s play. No one else does that.

ADVERTISEMENT