ADVERTISEMENT

Virginia might go Back to Back

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001
They have only given up 68 points this season through 2 games. I think everyone forgot with the longer 3 point line, they'd be pretty much impossible to score on. To beat them, you have to get transition baskets or go crazy from 3 and that will be tougher to do now. Yea. They are always going to have trouble scoring in March but with this longer 3 point line, I dont see teams breaking 50 very often. They might set the defensive scoring average record in the shot clock era.

They have only given up 68 points this season through 2 games. I think everyone forgot with the longer 3 point line, they'd be pretty much impossible to score on. To beat them, you have to get transition baskets or go crazy from 3 and that will be tougher to do now. Yea. They are always going to have trouble scoring in March but with this longer 3 point line, I dont see teams breaking 50 very often. They might set the defensive scoring average record in the shot clock era.
I’ll give u 10 to 1 odds on a thousand and take the field.

lol. I remember when you told us all UVA couldn’t win it all this way.

clown.

Reactions: CapelsCranberryz
UVA needed 2 insane finishes to win a title. This included, separately: 1) a 2/3 court pass and an elbow 2 at the buzzer; and 2) a fall away 3 with 8 seconds left to go down 1, and then getting an incredibly stupid foul to put Mr. Indiana on the line for 3 foul shots. Then they lost their 3 best players to the NBA.

You want to bet on a repeat right now with like 40 games left in the season after what they needed to get the first one?

The 3 point line was moved back to make defense HARDER as they have to cover more space/increase offensive spacing.

So I don’t really get your theory.

Reactions: H2P 2003
No. UVA won last year because they played good D, but they had 3 shooters. This year, they still have the great D, but once again not enough shooters.

If you haven't noticed, no one gets many transition baskets verses VA. There's a reason for this if you watch what they do on their shots.

Last edited:
I don't know about UVA. All I know is that if Pitt would learn to play half as well on defense as UVA does, we'd win 3 or 4 more ACC games this year, maybe more. So far, I don't see it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT