ADVERTISEMENT

Volleyball vs Louisville part 2.

What a comeback! I saw it. I’m still not sure I believe it.

This won’t get us a top 4 seed, but hopefully it eliminates the possibility of us being a 3rd seed.
I know sports is a game of inches and wins and losses come down to the thinnest of margins, but are you or anyone able to refresh my memory on the FSU match? Was that the one that came down to one officials decision at the end that was the difference between winning and losing?

Reactions: Chaos
I disagree, I think if Pitt wins out now we will get in as the fourth or even third overall seed depending on what Wisconsin does tomorrow at Lincoln

We certainly were never ending up with a three seed, that’s for sure. Home & away W’s over the current #9 & #11 teams in the country locks us in for a 2 seed, minimum

Last edited:
That might've been the most electric sporting atmosphere I've experienced. The turnaround happened when Monk and Babcock started playing like they normally do. That libero for Louisville was incredible, could've been the best performance I've seen.

Pitt is already top 4 in RPI and KPI before the win today, those are two of the main factors the committee uses
I get the stats and I agree with your premise. But the committee often uses other factors that honestly seem arbitrary to me. Wouldn't be surprised to see Texas and Louisville ahead of us come NCAA selection.

Reactions: bellvision1
That might've been the most electric sporting atmosphere I've experienced. The turnaround happened when Monk and Babcock started playing like they normally do. That libero for Louisville was incredible, could've been the best performance I've seen.

How about Monks? Louisville girl has some bragging rights to take back with her when it's all said & done.

I know sports is a game of inches and wins and losses come down to the thinnest of margins, but are you or anyone able to refresh my memory on the FSU match? Was that the one that came down to one officials decision at the end that was the difference between winning and losing?
Yes.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
I disagree, I think if Pitt wins out now we will get in as the fourth or even third overall seed depending on what Wisconsin does tomorrow at Lincoln
I like our odds.
National ranks as of this morning:
RPI 3
SOS 2
Top-25 wins T2
Top-50 wins 1

We also have a few OOC opponents still playing in their championships which is an RPI boost.

I like our odds.
National ranks as of this morning:
RPI 3
SOS 2
Top-25 wins T2
Top-50 wins 1

We also have a few OOC opponents still playing in their championships which is an RPI boost.
I believe only Nebraska and Stanford are 'for certain' top 4 seeds. The remaining 2 teams will be some combination of Pitt, Louisville, Wisconsin, and Texas. If Wisconsin somehow upsets Nebraska I think they're in. If not they are probably out. Texas is my biggest worry. They only have 1 game remaining which they should win. If both Pitt and Louisville win their remaining games I believe both deserve top 4 seeds based on all the metrics the selection committee will use. If Texas gets in....it's almost a coin flip between Pitt or Louisville for the remaining top 4 seed.

And on another matter which has me fuming....today's Post Gazette devoted 16 full pages of sports in their newspaper to various sports. How much was devoted to yesterday's game? Don't bother looking....the answer is zero.....not even the final score.

• Wow
Reactions: Chaos and phijo
Monks had a rough day but she did make some big plays. I thought Stafford kept the energy up when the team needed it. She was fun to watch. Gritty win. I thought Fisher coached a good game.

Overall, the atmosphere was electric. Crowd was full of young girls who were loud and engaged. Really think the crowd carried them in that fifth set. When the tide started to turn, the place started going wild. Was a great time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT