ADVERTISEMENT

Vols at Panthers Predictions

May 21, 2010
Okay we are within 72 hours of game so time to stick it out there. I do not feel good about this matchup and I hope I am woefully wrong!

Vols - 34
Panthers - 30

Reactions: HailToPitt725
Pitt - 35
Vols - 44

I’m nervous about this one as well. I can easily envision a similar situation to last year’s game where we fall behind early and are forced to play catch-up. Pickett and Addison were able to will us back in that game. Can Slovis also do this? I guess we’ll find out.

Pitt - 35
Vols - 44

I’m nervous about this one as well. I can easily envision a similar situation to last year’s game where we fall behind early and are forced to play catch-up. Pickett and Addison were able to will us back in that game. Can Slovis also do this? I guess we’ll find out.
I feel good if we can score 35!

Reactions: HailToPitt725
After watching the ball state game, there is nothing to slow Pitt from scoring. Hooker can run, but nothing Pitt hasn’t seen before. I think Tenn will have its share of chunk plays between the 20s, but Pitt can hold.

Pitt 45
Tenn 27

I am not confident at all in this one. I don't see any way our D holds Tennessee under 30 and I cant see our offense winning a 42-38 type game. We lost 2 1st Round Draft Picks at QB and WR and are learning a very different offensive system. The offense did not look good against WVU. Its going to be a work in progress.

We haven't been 4-0 since 2000 and haven't been 5-0 since the 80s. Unfortunately, that streak continues.

Vols 34
Pitt 24

Wvu has a good an experienced dl
But your point is valid
People like to think we should have blown out WVU. Reality is they held Oklahoma to 16 last year, Texas to 23, and most teams under 30. Pitt also put up 21 offensive points in the second half, something that did not happen last year even with Pickett, let alone against a P5 (Duke, Virginia, Wake). Pitt did not get 28 in the second half last year against a P5. A lot of stats were padded against Umass, UNH, and GT. For example, Pickett had 15 tds against UNH, WMU, and GT, but only 2 against Tenn and under 300 yards. Whereas I was discouraged with the first half, the fact that FCJ made second half adjustments that are successful was very promising IMO. Also, Tenn left Ball State open in the first half and ball state made some awful calls. A reverse flea flicker to open game that was picked off, etc. All point to Pitt scoring points.

Last edited:
People like to think we should have blown out WVU. Reality is they held Oklahoma to 16 last year, Texas to 23, and most teams under 30. Pitt also put up 21 offensive points in the second half, something that did not happen last year even with Pickett, let alone against a P5. Also, Tenn left Ball State open in the first half. All point to Pitt scoring points.
WVU lost a lot of players on their defense to the transfer portal. Replaced them with a junior college player, a transfer from Syracuse, Colorado st, William and Mary.

Their defense is OK. Tennessee is bigger, faster and Stronger than WVU. According to Narduzzi ( who said Tennessee looks good coming off the bus and is your typical SEC type team ). Our offensive lineman Minor said the same. Tennessee is the prettiest team we will see all year. Not surprising when you look at their recruiting classes.

It’s extremely hard to fix our issues on defense and on the offensive line in a weeks time. Just not enough time during the week compared to the NFL that has a 50 hour work week. Those problems should of been fixed in the off season and in camp.

42-24 Tennessee. If Slovis can get time and a clean pocket. The game will be much closer. I am worried Pickett’s ability to make the first rusher miss made our line look better when giving up sacks. Compared to Slovis who will dissect the defense only if he has time and a clean pocket

Last edited:
WVU lost a lot of players on their defense to the transfer portal. Replaced them with a junior college player, a transfer from Syracuse, Colorado st, William and Mary.

Their defense is OK. Tennessee is bigger, faster and Stronger than WVU. According to Narduzzi ( who said Tennessee looks good coming off the bus and is your typical SEC type team ). Our offensive lineman Minor said the same. Tennessee is the prettiest team we will see all year. Not surprising when you look at their recruiting classes.

It’s extremely hard to fix our issues on defense and on the offensive line in a weeks time. Just not enough time during the week compared to the NFL that has a 50 hour work week. Those problems should of been fixed in the off season and in camp.

42-24 Tennessee. If Slovis can get time and a clean pocket. The game will be much closer. I am worried Pickett’s ability to make the first rusher miss made our line look better when giving up sacks. Compared to Slovis who will dissect the defense only if he has time and a clean pocket
It is hard to fix the issues, but one benefit of opening against a real team was knowing what some of them are at least. I agree tenn is better than WVU, but not 18 better than Pitt on the road, which is 11 higher than Vegas is giving them.

Reactions: sherepower
My heart says a Pitt win, but Tennessee might be the best team we face this year…

Vols 3
Pitt 2

I am sharing in the fear of several above. I think our offense will come together but will struggle more this week. I was a little disappointed in the OL play last week given their experience, and I expect TN to stuff the run and then tee off on the less mobile Slovis. On the other side, we have to stuff their run, far better than we did last week for sure, and then hope we can get heavy pressure on the passer, otherwise long completions will be a risk (the same ones similar to those that by Grace of God were overthrown in the game last year). And of course we have to tighten up the punt game.

We can definitely compete with these guys but there’s a good chance for it to get away from us.

TN 34-17

Last edited:
Okay we are within 72 hours of game so time to stick it out there. I do not feel good about this matchup and I hope I am woefully wrong!

Vols - 34
Panthers - 30
I wish I had a better feeling about this one then I do. That said, I'll go with:

Tenn 45
Pitt 35

Like most above I’m nervous and think this may be a let down after last week’s rally.

TN 34 PITT 24

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT