ADVERTISEMENT

Washington State wins 2 in a row

Maybe true in prior years, but certainly not this year.

This is the best SEC in quite a while, even if they don’t have a really great team at the top.

In a couple years, its going to be ACC and SEC 1 and 2. Their coaching lineup is ridiculous and their recruiting is right there with the ACC. The league is finally investing in basketball

I stand by what i said. We'll revisit this when the season is over.

RPI SOS (overall, non-conference):
Vanderbilt: 11, 29
Pitt: 43, 128

Pomeroy SOS (overall, non-conference):
Vanderbilt: 7, 70
Pitt: 65, 263

Sagarin SOS (overall):
Vanderbilt: 7
Pitt: 76

Team Rankings SOS (overall, non-conference):
Vanderbilt: 34, 39
Pitt: 112, 192

Revisiting it when the season is over will not change the fact that to this point they have clearly played a much tougher schedule than us by any reasonable metric.

In a couple years, its going to be ACC and SEC 1 and 2. Their coaching lineup is ridiculous and their recruiting is right there with the ACC. The league is finally investing in basketball

Where does the Big 12 fit in there? That is the best conference this year.

Where does the Big 12 fit in there? That is the best conference this year.

Good point. The Big 12 is right there.

The Big 10 and Pac 12 just dont have the coaching lineups like the Big 12, ACC, and SEC. I see it as a Big 3 in the future with the B10, P12, and Big East a level down

I stand by what i said. We'll revisit this when the season is over.
You stand by being completely wrong? I gave you statistics to support one side. You have nothing to counter. What are you going to revisit? You tried to be sarcastic about it, but it isn't even remotely up for debate.

BTW we lost by 27 on Saturday and Vandy won against a team with a NCAAT chance.

Reactions: Joe the Panther Fan
You stand by being completely wrong? I gave you statistics to support one side. You have nothing to counter. What are you going to revisit? You tried to be sarcastic about it, but it isn't even remotely up for debate.

BTW we lost by 27 on Saturday and Vandy won against a team with a NCAAT chance.

FWIW to you and Joe the record book fan, my opinion was based on overall SOS, not schedule to date. The gap should narrow at seasons end because the ACC is a much better conference. If I am wrong I will admit it. I am also somewhat wary of SOS rankings because if you schedule the right kind of roadkill, it can make a big impact on your rank. Jamie was a master at gaming the OOC.

Your last sentence is meaningless. Vandy is clearly better than us, so what, we are at or near the bottom. What is similar between the two is that both are staying home post season.

Feel free to have the last word. I generally ignore you posts and don't want to get into a pissing match. Again, I'll own to an error in judgement. Ciao.

FWIW to you and Joe the record book fan, my opinion was based on overall SOS, not schedule to date. The gap should narrow at seasons end because the ACC is a much better conference. If I am wrong I will admit it. I am also somewhat wary of SOS rankings because if you schedule the right kind of roadkill, it can make a big impact on your rank. Jamie was a master at gaming the OOC.

Your last sentence is meaningless. Vandy is clearly better than us, so what, we are at or near the bottom. What is similar between the two is that both are staying home post season.

Feel free to have the last word. I generally ignore you posts and don't want to get into a pissing match. Again, I'll own to an error in judgement. Ciao.
You literally quoted my post where I specifically said they "have played" and "OOC". Plus the discussion is current, not a projection down the line.

Great bullsh!t excuse about possibly gaming the schedule. They have played at least 5 teams as good as our 2nd best opponent. This was pointed out. You ignored it. You tried to be sarcastic about it. You likely just spoke before you looked at anything or knew what you were talking about because if you had the knowledge you wouldn't have said what you did.

So, sure, act like you are giving up "the last word" because you got caught with your pants down.

Last edited:
Reactions: Joe the Panther Fan
FWIW, Team Rankings has a future SOS ranking for each team too, as well as a projected overall, season ending SOS.

Our Future SOS is 63 and our projected overall SOS is 81. Vanderbilt's Future SOS is 35 and their projected overall SOS is also 35.

You can tell which is the strongest conference in their future SOS rankings. The top 11 are:

Oklahoma State
Iowa State
Baylor
North Carolina
Oklahoma
Hoopies
Virginia Tech
Kansas
TCU
Kansas State
Texas Tech

Nine Big 12 teams (Texas is 17) and 2 ACC teams.

Reactions: Jpripper88
Was the final count 7-3 SEC? My favorite was Vandy and Bama knocking off TCU and OU.

It was 6-4 SEC and two ranked B12 teams were upset (#7 WVU and #12 Oklahoma). Overall, it looks like a pretty poor pairing of teams, as there were zero ranked-vs-ranked games. Kansas vs A&M, WVU vs UK, and Oklahoma vs Alabama were probably intended to be the top games. Due to the size of the leagues, 4 SEC teams are held out, including Auburn, who is probably the best team in the SEC.

It can't happen with the ACC/B1G event since it is early December, but it would be cool if this B12/SEC event just announced home/road assignments at the start of the year and revealed the actual matchups mid-season based on early results.

-No where near as bad as you are painting the picture. And lol at Pomeroy

-ASU is undefeated with wins over Kansas, Xavier, St. Johns, Kansas State, and San Diego State. Hands down best resume in the country. San Diego State just beat Gonzaga

-Arizona is undefeated with Alkins back on the team, with wins over UNLV, Texas A&M, Uconn, and Bama

-UCLA has wins over Kentucky and Georgia Tech

-Washington has a win over Kansas

-No where near as bad as some are making it sound.

https://sports.yahoo.com/pac-12s-hu...t-ever-season-power-conference-052231487.html

"From the putrid on-court performance alone, you could make a compelling argument the Pac-12 just produced the worst basketball season ever from a power conference. Throw in the scandals that ensnared three of the conference’s most high-profile programs, and it becomes even more difficult to argue otherwise."

Reactions: Jpripper88
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT