ADVERTISEMENT

We cant play 2 on 5 anymore

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001
Young and Artis are very good players but you cant expect them to win ACC games themselves. That's just unrealistic. Forget the 5, we're not going to get scoring from that spot though Luther kept is from getting beaten by about 25 at half. Pitt absolutely has to get SOMETHING from its backcourt. Robinson, Wilson, Smith, and Jones were 3-17. Guys, that's just bad.

Our D is bad and there is no real hope for improvement. We are also not a great rebounding team. Our only chance to win ACC games is if we get backcourt scoring. We need to outscore teams which means we need 30 or so points from our backcourt every night. We have one of the best pure shooters in the nation but run no sets to get him open and when he does get open, he doesn't shoot.

This team will only go as far as their backcourt takes them. We know what Young and Artis are going to do.

Artis has been up and down lately .. Really bad last night , his D is also terrible and sometimes it looks like his effort is really not there on D. I really thought he would be that Lamar type player this year and he's not quite at that level offensively yet . As for the guard play it really is bad , Jrob is Jrob we pretty much know what to expect from him after 3 and a half years , frustrating to watch at times . At this point I would honestly rather have ( dare I say ) Cam Wright playing the 2 then Jones or Smith .. Neither of them score much anyway and Atleast Cam could play some D and make some great hustle plays ..

As Dickie V says...you go how your guards go...dribble,dish,drive....and we aint got it

Artis has been up and down lately .. Really bad last night , his D is also terrible and sometimes it looks like his effort is really not there on D. I really thought he would be that Lamar type player this year and he's not quite at that level offensively yet . As for the guard play it really is bad , Jrob is Jrob we pretty much know what to expect from him after 3 and a half years , frustrating to watch at times . At this point I would honestly rather have ( dare I say ) Cam Wright playing the 2 then Jones or Smith .. Neither of them score much anyway and Atleast Cam could play some D and make some great hustle plays ..

I really want the Lamar- Artis comparisons to stop. Lamar hustled way more than Artis, had much better handle and at least tried on defense.

Artis certainly has the potential to be as good or better than Lamar. But it looks like he doesn't have the heart.

And that's a shame, because he has the tools.

Reactions: iMissTheOldDays
More of a general comment as I've seen several posters compare the two throughout the year. Didn't mean to rag on you at all.
Its all good man , I agree with what you said though , Lamar was a warrior and wanted to win at all costs .. Not saying Artis doesn't wanna win but it sure seems like he is the type that if he is not getting his shots and points .. The body language gets bad and the effort starts to fade ..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT