ADVERTISEMENT

Weird OT question

Phillypanther2

Freshman
Oct 19, 2013
Before people jump all over me, I did title this thread - weird OT question.
The Steelers WR trade rumors are starting up again, this time with Cooper Kupp.
It makes sense that the 2-4 Rams may wait to see if they win tonight, before they start trading away players.
What if they had a trade in place with the Steelers and they did lose tonight and traded Kupp to the Steelers right after the game tonight. The Steelers don’t play until Monday night.
Hypothetically, if that happened could he play tonight and again for the Steelers Monday night? Are there rules in place that prevent a player from playing in two games the same week?
Or maybe it’s already happened and I don’t remember hearing about it.
The question just popped into my head as I was reading that he may be on the trade block, and the Steelers make sense as a destination. If something like that was going to happen it would make sense that it would be a WR. It’s probably easier for a WR to play in a game with limited practice with a new team than most positions.

Reactions: pittdan77
call me crazy but are there really that many opportunities for the Steelers WR#2 in this offense? im no fan of our WR unit, at all but in reality, Muth will get a few balls, Mt Washington getting some targets off of the play actions, Pickens isnt crying or pouting (For now) and actually not quitting on routes so you'll know he will get some targets. how many actual opportunities does that leave for our WR2?

throw in Patterson and Warren being healthy and Naj looking good. So what? Maybe 3 or 4 targets to him, TOPS? do you give a 2nd rd draft pick for a guy you are going to throw it to 3 or 4 times a game?

Reactions: 303vND
Not sure what the rule is, though Thursday - Monday wouldn't be any different than playing Sunday and having a game Thursday. So if there is any type of X amount of days in between games rule baked into the CBA, I assume this would still satisfy that.

And I found an article saying that last season Leonard Williams was the first player since 1930 to suit up for 18 regular season games (was traded between teams that had byes on different weeks), which - barring missing any games - would be the case in the scenario you're describing.

As stupid as it sounds, I could see there being a rule against it under the guise of player protection that is really just to appease fantasy football leagues, haha. Things are that stupid nowadays.

call me crazy but are there really that many opportunities for the Steelers WR#2 in this offense? im no fan of our WR unit, at all but in reality, Muth will get a few balls, Mt Washington getting some targets off of the play actions, Pickens isnt crying or pouting (For now) and actually not quitting on routes so you'll know he will get some targets. how many actual opportunities does that leave for our WR2?

throw in Patterson and Warren being healthy and Naj looking good. So what? Maybe 3 or 4 targets to him, TOPS? do you give a 2nd rd draft pick for a guy you are going to throw it to 3 or 4 times a game?
LOL. You think one of the top receivers in the league is only getting 3-4 targets a game with the Steelers?

I'll call you crazy...

And I'm fairly certain that a player can't play twice in the same league week.

LOL. You think one of the top receivers in the league is only getting 3-4 targets a game with the Steelers?

I'll call you crazy...

so you think if Cooper Kupp comes here then he'll get more targets than Pickens?

I'll call you crazy...

Who’s that ?
Because it hasn’t been the perpetually injured Kupp in 3 years .

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT