ADVERTISEMENT

Well, Duquesne is IN

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001
Blowing VCU out of the building. Man does the A10 suck though. Cant believe Dayton finished 3rd and VCU 5th. I cant say I am happy for the Dukes. Im jealous. And maybe that's good if we can develop a rivalry with them

It would be something if Duquense somehow got scheduled here in Pittsburgh for their first round game. Hopefully there are 2 teams still from Pittsburgh.

I could be wrong, but I don’t think it’s possible because they are the site host.

That's interesting, because you are not allowed to play on your home court, but PPG isn't Duquesne's home court. And they have not played more than three games there this season.

That's interesting, because you are not allowed to play on your home court, but PPG isn't Duquesne's home court. And they have not played more than three games there this season.
I think that rule doesn't apply if you're the site host.

I don't think the site host can play in their site, no matter how many games they've played there.

What is the lowest seed to ever be allowed to play on the same court or even the same city in the opening round?

Well you aren't allowed to play on your home court any more. At one point, a long time ago, you could and schools did play on their home courts all the time. For a Pitt example, our loss to NC State in 1974 in the Elite Eight was at Reynolds Coliseum, NC State's home court.

But off the top of my head, I don't know the answer to your question. We played in Pittsburgh as a three seed. The NCAA used to say that a top five seed could be seeded in their home city. I don't know if any fives ever got that advantage.

Dambrot may retire and he is a really good coach. They will fall off bigly if he leaves.
“Fall off”? They haven’t finished better than tied for 5th in 7 years of being there, haven’t made the NCAA Tourney, and are trying to throw away this game.

Hell, Everhart had a better overall winning percentage and conference winning percentage when the league was better.

Last edited:
Glad for them. They have been an awful of a program for decades. Won 20 last year and 24 this year making the tournament for first time in almost 50 years. I never saw them when they were good, but I knew a couple of their past head coaches and it’s damn near impossible to win there, so credit to their coach and players.

Good for the Dukes! They have been largely irrelevant for the last 47 years. Great moment for them and their alumni and students!

Reactions: SteelBowl70
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT