ADVERTISEMENT

Well, Duquesne is going to knock out Dayton

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001
Dayton is really really bad. They are only better than Louisville in the ACC. I cant believe they are like a 6 seed. Bad bubble night for Pitt

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
doesn't matter, Pitt is DEEPLY in !
I hope you are right but I don’t think you are. At best, we would be the last team in and now a stolen A-10 win pushes us to first team out.

I refuse to believe a team with Nate Santos starting is better than us
This is what happens when you have Nate santos starting in it. I’m glad he had a good season. I’d also be happy for a 7-10 Pitt Dayton matchup.

I hope you are right but I don’t think you are. At best, we would be the last team in and now a stolen A-10 win pushes us to first team out.
It’s not an extra team in. All the brackets had 2 A-10 teams in. They still will.

Reactions: BFo8
I didnt. I had Dayton winning the A10. So this knocks SHU out for me.

Last 4 In
Prov
Pitt
SJU
UVa
Not me. Dayton blows. I think they were like 4th best A-10 by end of year.

FAU is different. They are actually pretty good. Need them to win the America

Ok - that’s what my kid told me - I’ll let them know they were wrong! Lol
I mean - maybe some didn’t? But the real ones…Lunardi, Palm etc.

Going into the conference tournaments, these mocks have the 1 seed as the league rep for sure, and then at larges. So Richmond, USF —in. But they have no at large hopes

They were. A10 just stole a bid which they have done 4 times since 2018. UC beating Baylor at half also
we could really really use a BC win now. Dayton was seen as a lock although they were only 7-6 Q1/Q2 NET 36 which will go down,

Not me. Dayton blows. I think they were like 4th best A-10 by end of year.

FAU is different. They are actually pretty good. Need them to win the America

I need to take a longer look at Dayton. Everyone has them as a 6 seed but their resume is trash. 93 SOS. Here's their wins

SJU neutral
Cincy neutral
@ Rich
@ VCU

How does that get you in?

Reactions: H-Burg Panther
Before the game, they said Dayton might not be in with a loss (on the broadcast). But I don't believe them. Even the Dayton name holds a bit more clout than some of these other A10 brands. I think they're in... and will get dusted in the play-in.

Reactions: Elsalvador
They were. A10 just stole a bid which they have done 4 times since 2018. UC beating Baylor at half also
we could really really use a BC win now. Dayton was seen as a lock.
(but they didn’t really steal a bid, because Dayton was the 3 seed in the A-10. So, most brackets anticipated them losing. I mean, I guess the “stole” a bid - but it was an extremely expected steal)

I need to take a longer look at Dayton. Everyone has them as a 6 seed but their resume is trash. 93 SOS. Here's their wins

SJU neutral
Cincy neutral
@ Rich
@ VCU

How does that get you in?
Really good net, no bad losses? But they are going to be a 8/9 seed you REALLY want to play

Before the game, they said Dayton might not be in with a loss (on the broadcast). But I don't believe them. Even the Dayton name holds a bit more clout than some of these other A10 brands. I think they're in... and will get dusted in the play-in.

If you just did a bracket right now, I think you'd be hard-pressed to put them in. They have 1 win vs an NCAAT team and thats SJU who is barely in. I know people say conference tournaments dont matter. I couldn't disagree more. If you want to go to the NCAA Tournament, just beat Duquesne. That's it.

Dayton is 7-7 Q1/q2. NET of 21. Their NC SOS is 36 but overall SOS worse than Pitt. and it’s not because they beat or or played anybody great other than a tourney with Houston and St John’s. Rather they scheduled a bunch of east coast mid majors with Nets in the 100s. They gamed the NET to a T

Last edited:
Dayton is 7-7 Q1/q2. NET of 21. Their NC SOS is 7 and it’s not because they beat or or played anybody great other than a 3 games tourney with Houston and St John’s. Rather they scheduled a bunch of east coast mid majors with Nets in the 100s. They gamed the NET to a T

Their overall SOS is in the 90s which isnt good. They finished 3rd in the A10 and got beat Game 1. They're going to get in because they played Houston and beat SJU? What are we doing?

Duquesne now in the final 4 of the A10 with 3 other lower seeds. So they have roughly a 25% chance of making the NCAA tournament via the auto-bid.

Pitt has a chance for the auto-bid, and a chance for an at-large.

How many teams from Pittsburgh make the dance?

I, for one, hope the Dukes win their next two games and make the tournament. This is their year to do it… all of the top four seeds in the A10 are knocked out :oops:
It’s funny. I’ve said for the longest time that I really would like to see Duquesne make the tournament for once in my life, seeing as they haven’t done so since what, the 70’s? But not if it’s going to come at the expense of Pitt. Them being in and not Pitt will be infuriating, and you know a certain group of a-holes out there (particular ones who normally wouldn’t give a **** at all about Duquesne on their own) would be insufferable about it.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
Man, if only there was some way to play a tough 23 win team on a neutral court a mile from our arena and obviously win to be firmly in the field
Totally preparing myself for a matchup against them in the NIT, and all the vitriol that’ll come from media types that normally wouldn’t care about Duquesne, but yeahhh chance to bash Pitt more! Jeff Capple (really how a certain bloviator has pronounced his name) is a coward!

That said, I agree even before this situation we’re in that they should have played Duquesne instead of one of those 300 something NET teams. Should play every year.

Totally preparing myself for a matchup against them in the NIT, and all the vitriol that’ll come from media types that normally wouldn’t care about Duquesne, but yeahhh chance to bash Pitt more! Jeff Capple (really how a certain bloviator has pronounced his name) is a coward!

That said, I agree even before this situation we’re in that they should have played Duquesne instead of one of those 300 something NET teams. Should play every year.
Mark Madden has been shockingly supportive, although it is par for the course for him to play his role. He has to overcompensate since everyone thinks he’s anti-Pitt, just like when everyone was calling him racist so now all he does is bash TJ.

I think most of Pittsburgh sports media agrees with everyone on this board that they should be in this year.

Mark Madden has been shockingly supportive, although it is par for the course for him to play his role. He has to overcompensate since everyone thinks he’s anti-Pitt, just like when everyone was calling him racist so now all he does is bash TJ.

I think most of Pittsburgh sports media agrees with everyone on this board that they should be in this year.
I’ll shamefully admit I follow him on Twitter and still sometimes listen, I know he is who he is, but I started doing so when I was around the age I was in my profile pic thanks to my dad… old habits. But I can’t do it with him now. The Pens suck, his mostly anti-Steelers talk is tiresome, and how many times he wants to flex about his random EPL team with the best coach ever, best atmosphere ever, etc. doing well amidst all the local pro teams’ struggles, yeah no thanks.

Anyway - yeah, even the PSU/WVU contingent (where are their teams this year??) seems to be on our side, unless they’re just the dumb trolls.

would be nice to see Pitt and Duquesne in. Dambrot is a good coach and the Dukes team this year is probably their best in decades. they can win the A-10 tourney.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT