ADVERTISEMENT

What if??? Just for fun

gourdt

Walk-on
Nov 9, 2009
Let's go into the way back machine to last year's Pitt Tenn game. Pitt had the lead and the ball before halftime. With no timeouts we roll the dice. Slovis drops back. Gets hit, injured, and fumbles. Tenn scores, and we later get our backup QB hurt.
So what if we just ran out the clock?
Do we win that game. Does the offense continue to grow and get better? I don't think Slovis was ever right the rest of the season.
Does Narduzzi get his first undefeated OOC season? GT, LV. Maybe a return to the ACC championship game.
Amazing to think how 1 play may have changed a whole season. Now, that play was called. Not sure if it was Cignetti or Narduzzi who wanted to be aggressive. I just always questioned that play ever since.

Reactions: jctrack
Let's go into the way back machine to last year's Pitt Tenn game. Pitt had the lead and the ball before halftime. With no timeouts we roll the dice. Slovis drops back. Gets hit, injured, and fumbles. Tenn scores, and we later get our backup QB hurt.
So what if we just ran out the clock?
Do we win that game. Does the offense continue to grow and get better? I don't think Slovis was ever right the rest of the season.
Does Narduzzi get his first undefeated OOC season? GT, LV. Maybe a return to the ACC championship game.
Amazing to think how 1 play may have changed a whole season. Now, that play was called. Not sure if it was Cignetti or Narduzzi who wanted to be aggressive. I just always questioned that play ever since.
Hindsight is always 50-50, but I liked the aggressiveness. I thought Cignetti called a really good half of football in the 1st half of that game.

Bub Means has improved but I still don't trust him to this day after dropping what should have been a TD against Tennessee. That drop resulting in interception was such a game changing play.

Bub Means has improved but I still don't trust him to this day after dropping what should have been a TD against Tennessee. That drop resulting in interception was such a game changing plplay.
Indeed it was.

Means makes that catch, its 17-0 and Pitt wins this game.

They go on to 10 and maybe 11 wins.

Slovis is still here and PY ends up somewhere else.

Pitt recruiting trends upward and perhaps a few misses end up here.

I do believe all of the above happen...if Bub makes a catch that he should have.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT