ADVERTISEMENT

What if we don't get any of the better..

I hate to break it to you all, but Capel will be here at least 2 more years. Pitt and Heather not eating the buy out!!!!!! Heather needs to go!!!!!! Let’s get a real AD !!!!!!!!
I agree about Heather. I don't think Capel will get two more years. And no one should be surprised about recruiting. Capel's program stinks of mismanagement and failure.

You said the exact same thing a year ago - even down to the “high school recruits signed in November” thing!
I said that before the season started. When it became clear that Hugley was an elite Big, I changed it to "if Hugley comes back" because the thought was with Hugley in 22-23, the team has a chance so they'd save a year of buyout money.

They didn't sell in excess of 8,000 tickets per game.

And the level of delusion that someone has to be under to think that that number is even remotely close to accurate is astounding.
Well, we agree on something. I dont know what type of person believes last year's attendance was ANYTHING but a 100% made up number that had no basis in anything. It wasnt turnstile count, it wasnt tickets sold, it wasnt tickets distributed, it was just made up.

And we all know there were nowhere near 8200 bodies at every Pitt home game last year, nor were there 9000 at every home game those last couple years under JD. I think the Howland and Dixon era proved that if you’re gonna fill the arena at Pitt, you’d better have a league championship contending team every year.
Pitt isn’t an Indiana, OSU or Louisville that’s going to sell out regardless of the mediocrity of the on-court product. Dixon’s last couple years showed that not too many people in Pittsburgh are going to pay much attention to a bubble/low seed line kind of team especially with a tomato can OOC and no compelling rivalry in the conference outside of the fast-fading Cuse program.
OSU basketball attendance is very bad in relation to how good they are in a city where there is a massive fanbase. Their tickets are cheaper than Pitt's and they still cant sell out.

I said that before the season started. When it became clear that Hugley was an elite Big, I changed it to "if Hugley comes back" because the thought was with Hugley in 22-23, the team has a chance so they'd save a year of buyout money.
Nothing about Hugley is “Elite”.. unless you count his “ Elite” level of turnovers each and every game?? Then yes, John Hugley is an Elite Big..

Reactions: Kaywood105
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT