ADVERTISEMENT

When you are a local recruit and you choose Pitt...

pittmeister

Heisman Winner
May 26, 2010
You get this....

D97O8UpXsAE-_es.jpg

Aaron Donald and Davon Hayes...

Feel free to add more picks with Pitt greats with Pitt players

I think the association with pros in general can only go so far to appeal to recruits. Even a Fitz, Marino in our case, they are great Pitt guys for sure but they're apt to pop in every couple years at best to wave to the crowd on the jumbo tron, as most alum of most schools do. That's cool and all but how far does that go.

But, man, if you have the expectation of yourself as some possible NFL stud, having Aaron Donald and all he represents not just a picture on a card, but a frequent participant where you'd be working out and playing at college, it's gotta be something to consider. I mean talk about a role model.

You get this....

D97O8UpXsAE-_es.jpg

Aaron Donald and Davon Hayes...

Feel free to add more picks with Pitt greats with Pitt players
I love the picture.

I wonder what building Davon is planning to put his name on, since Aaron has the practice facility?

Aaron Donald living in Pgh in the offseason at training at Pitt instead of living the star life in LA is unbelievable to me. He's a different kind of dude for sure. Good for him and good for the program.
I don't always agree with you but on this one you hit the nail right on the head. AD embodies everything a Pgh guy strives to be: hard working, humble, and loyal!!!

I love the picture.

I wonder what building Davon is planning to put his name on, since Aaron has the practice facility?

Davon can get his name for the second floor. AD has his name on the first floor only. Plenty of space for others to jump on.

LATE -

Aaron Donald living in Pgh in the offseason at training at Pitt instead of living the star life in LA is unbelievable to me. He's a different kind of dude for sure. Good for him and good for the program.
Humble, soft spoken. Gives credit to others for his success. I’m gonna guess his father didn’t put up with any BS growing up, and his mother raised a Gentleman. Much like Larry Fitz. A great ambassador for Pitt. Hope we get Elliot.

20190413mfpittsports09-3-1556315209.jpg

Future Hall of Famers coaching spring game.... You won't find that at WVU, VT, PSU, Virginia, UNC, etc...
I’ve had people tell me Shady isn’t going to get in. 11000 yards and counting and 500 receptions coming this season has to be darn close.

I’ve had people tell me Shady isn’t going to get in. 11000 yards and counting and 500 receptions coming this season has to be darn close.

He probably needs another 2000 yards. He's at 10,606 right now, sandwiched around guys like Warrick Dunn, Jamal Lewis, Ricky Waters, Tiki Barber, Thomas Jones. None of those other guys are getting in, so Shady won't either unless he moves up the list. Last year didn't help him at all.

He probably needs another 2000 yards. He's at 10,606 right now, sandwiched around guys like Warrick Dunn, Jamal Lewis, Ricky Waters, Tiki Barber, Thomas Jones. None of those other guys are getting in, so Shady won't either unless he moves up the list. Last year didn't help him at all.
None of those guys have 6 Pro Bowls, 2 1st Team All-Pros,or were Top 5 in the league in yards from scrimmage 5 times.

That being said, Edge will get in over the next two years and Peterson is an absolute lock. The question is how many Running backs will get in from his generation. Then you have to consider Frank Gore, who is 5th in rushing yards and is arguably the most consistent RB in NFL history with 12 straight seasons with more than 1,200 yard from scrimmage (Most in history).

Only 1 RB in the HoF has played in the NFL over the past 15 years and that's Tomlinson, but 9 Running Backs from the previous 15 years are in the Hall.

Reactions: lilspainishflea

You can't just look at the rushing yards. Shady has 14,222 from scrimmage. 2,000 more and he's pushing top 10 all time....more than Edge James, Dorsett, and Dickerson and very close to Thurman Thomas. 3,000 more and he's basically tied with Marcus Allen. He has 2 more average years or 1 more fantastic year and he's in, especially with the dearth of upcoming RB candidates not named Adrian Peterson.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT