ADVERTISEMENT

Who exactly are we recruiting?

But
Ok so here goes my take.
Coming into the season we had 1 or 2 scholarships.
Looking at the roster

We can go back and forth on this years recruiting. The way I look at it is that coming into the year he had 1-2 scholarships. Based on his roster and what kids would have been back the kids he may have been looking at may have been limited. Some of the kids he may have been looking at may not of wanted to sit behind upperclassmen. I think with only a few scholarships he may have come into the season hoping to fill them with a grad transfer or 2. As we have read on the board (and a few places outside this board) it looks like he is trying to load up.

Now, was this the right approach? Only Capel knows for sure. I too am a fan and think he can elevate the program. The way I look at it is this was a dumpster fire with the last coach. I people on this board want him gone, that is their opinion. Many people want instant satisfaction, sometimes it takes a little longer.

I am going to ask you a what if question. Lets just say we didn't have all the issues we had on this team this year and they were good enough to at least go to the NIT and return all the players again for next year? Would you have been satisfied? If everybody would have been back for next year we wouldn't be worried so much about who he was recruiting and would have gladly taken a grad transfer.
But we do have all these issues.. There’s no Genie in the Bottle to grant Capel any wishes to turn back the Clock. He has a complete mess of a program going into Year 4... 95% of 2021 Class is committed.. Patchwork transfers are just prolonging the pain. When AKC is the best Big in the Program, then you have MAJOR issues.. Vader Clown can spin it anyway he wants in regards to AKC, but when a player logs 23 minutes and the only stat he shows up on the scoresheet is Personal Fouls, the guy is a scrub..

But

But we do have all these issues.. There’s no Genie in the Bottle to grant Capel any wishes to turn back the Clock. He has a complete mess of a program going into Year 4... 95% of 2021 Class is committed.. Patchwork transfers are just prolonging the pain. When AKC is the best Big in the Program, then you have MAJOR issues.. Vader Clown can spin it anyway he wants in regards to AKC, but when a player logs 23 minutes and the only stat he shows up on the scoresheet is Personal Fouls, the guy is a scrub..
He had a really bad one game or two or three.

How many did we play?

He needs help. He had help when Hugley was on the team.
You better look again.. stats say different

there’s a reason we have finished
Last
Last
12th and now with Transfers, arguably the worst Program in ACC now..

Players like AKC need to be 6-8 minute bench players. He’s just not good..

Last edited:
We can go back and forth on this years recruiting. The way I look at it is that coming into the year he had 1-2 scholarships.

I'm not one waving a pitchfork at Capel yet, but what you wrote above is just not true. He knew he had at least 2 (Brown & Sibande), knew a third was available as needed (Drumgoole), and likely knew one of the other guys was probably going to leave.

Realistically, they knew they had 3 or 4 spots and landed nobody. There's no way to put a positive spin on that.

Reactions: gary2
He had a really bad one game or two or three.

He had 11 games with four or fewer points, and 10 games with three or fewer rebounds.

When he's playing well he's good enough to give your 10-15 minutes on a decent team. When he's not playing at or near his best he's the reason (or, OK, one of the reasons) that you aren't a decent team.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT