ADVERTISEMENT

Who next?

I'd be surprised - despite their struggles in recruiting - if they didn't land Gordon and Bridges. I think they have a sneaky chance of pulling another NY kid in Curbelo, too, based off how they develop X.

I'd rather have Hugley than Dickinson and Henry Coleman over Puff, but I don't see any of them attending Pitt, in the end.

I'd be surprised - despite their struggles in recruiting - if they didn't land Gordon and Bridges. I think they have a sneaky chance of pulling another NY kid in Curbelo, too, based off how they develop X.

I'd rather have Hugley than Dickinson and Henry Coleman over Puff, but I don't see any of them attending Pitt, in the end.
Regarding Bridges, do we know if WVU is pushing for him right now? They seemed like the early favorite and he’s actually a WV native unlike a lot of those other Huntington Prep kids. I think we’re in the driver’s seat for Gordon, too.

I agree that I like Hugley more than Dickinson (I actually think Omoruyi is higher on the list too) but I disagree in that I think we’re in the driver’s seat with Hugley now. That could change over the next few weeks if OSU or Michigan State pulls the trigger on an offer, but I think if nothing changes with his offer sheet going into the fall then we land him.

Reactions: singregardless
Regarding Bridges, do we know if WVU is pushing for him right now? They seemed like the early favorite and he’s actually a WV native unlike a lot of those other Huntington Prep kids. I think we’re in the driver’s seat for Gordon, too.

I agree that I like Hugley more than Dickinson (I actually think Omoruyi is higher on the list too) but I disagree in that I think we’re in the driver’s seat with Hugley now. That could change over the next few weeks if OSU or Michigan State pulls the trigger on an offer, but I think if nothing changes with his offer sheet going into the fall then we land him.

Fair enough.

With respect to Bridges, I have no idea about WVU's pursuit. You'd have to imagine it's there. As far as his interest in them, he seems to have a chip on his shoulder. If Pitt doesn't land him, I think it will be because of Indiana (June 24th offer) or Ohio State (June 28th offer) as Adidas schools and that whole shoe angle. After Heron/Rowan, I never take an Adidas kid as a given. But he visited Pitt on May 3rd and selects Scotland Campus - in Pennsylvania, home of Coulibaly - on May 5th. I'm reading heavily in between the lines with that.

As far as Hugley - I just don't like the feel. It seems like he's waiting for something he doesn't have, I'm not even necessarily saying Ohio State.

Pitt could have a winming season this yr , but what I want is a winning conference record . Penciling in 10-12 OOC wins over the little sisters of the poor teams doesnt fool anyone . You want to beat ACC teams out for recruits you need to beat them on the court first !
It will happen I believe just be patient . Patience is 2 more yrs !

We are now at a max of 11 total OOC games (vs the former 13) and 20 ACC games (vs the former 18). So, I am hoping for 9-2 OOC and 7-13 ACC plus a win or two in the ACCT to finish this season at 17-16 or 18-16-- (but, no worse than 16-17). Then we can up that in 2020-2021 by a game or two or two or three by winning at least 8-10 ACC games.

For recruiting credibility it is imperative we do this--especially this coming season. IMHO, another 14-19 type season and Capel's recruiting window of opportunity will close and we will be stuck near the bottom of the ACC for years to come like BC has been.

We are now at a max of 11 total OOC games (vs the former 13) and 20 ACC games (vs the former 18). So, I am hoping for 9-2 OOC and 7-13 ACC plus a win or two in the ACCT to finish this season at 17-16 or 18-16-- (but, no worse than 16-17). Then we can up that in 2020-2021 by a game or two or two or three by winning at least 8-10 ACC games.

For recruiting credibility it is imperative we do this--especially this coming season. IMHO, another 14-19 type season and Capel's recruiting window of opportunity will close and we will be stuck near the bottom of the ACC for years to come like BC has been.
I have a little more faith in JC to turn this program into a winner . I truly believe Pitt handcuffs their coaches in recruiting so it will take a little longer than we all want .
The only way for a quick turn around is to recruit top 50 guys and Pitt hasnt been in the picture during his first two yrs . Its tough to be a boy scout when others are willing to do whatever it takes .

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT